Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Ahhh the judgemental idiots raining doom and gloom on OU.

Never mind the fact that their offense finished outside the top 50. Lost three running backs and their only receiving threat and good lineman. Seven defensive starters and their defensive coordinator to Ohio State.

I’m sure they’ll land on their feet.

Has Gundy googled a new DC yet? Any cool YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have young talent at RB. Not worried unless they can’t protect the QB. DR looked great doing that late. Only WR threat is a joke. We have a loads of talent. If you know anything about Sanders, he typically has a security blanket at WR1. He’s lost two blankies now and we keep replacing them because we recruit pretty damn good at WR.

I’m a little concerned on defense, but the guy you think is a moron moved extra scholarships to the defense 5 years ago and it paid off. We’re deep there.

You've proven, yet again, you truly don’t know your ass from your elbow still. If you had half a brain, your focus would be on our OL. I’m worried there.. again.
So basically, you are allowed to get excited about incoming talent because they recruit well. So no big deal to replace lost production.

But I can’t get excited about incoming talent to Oklahoma, despite the fact that they also recruit very well at those positions? Perhaps this is a qualification of hypocrisy by the fans of little bro?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
So basically, you are allowed to get excited about incoming talent because they recruit well. So no big deal to replace lost production.

But I can’t get excited about incoming talent to Oklahoma, despite the fact that they also recruit very well at those positions? Perhaps this is a qualification of hypocrisy by the fans of little bro?
The talent I'm referring to is experienced talent. They were not in high school last year. To help you better understand, I should've said "we recruit and develop well."

I'm not sure where I said you shouldn't be excited for your recruits. OU recruits better than OSU. The only thing I feel you're oversold on is the lack of results from a staff that hasn't coached a down at OU yet. The head coach is also the DC that your entire fan base was finished with a decade ago. It's hard to not look passed that fact.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The talent I'm referring to is experienced talent. They were not in high school last year. To help you better understand, I should've said "we recruit and develop well."

I'm not sure where I said you shouldn't be excited for your recruits. OU recruits better than OSU. The only thing I feel you're oversold on is the lack of results from a staff that hasn't coached a down at OU yet. The head coach is also the DC that your entire fan base was finished with a decade ago. It's hard to not look passed that fact.
You had some opinions about our pleasure of a very experienced Gabriel's commitment. Im not oversold on the staff, I have reasonable expectations. I just know what they have all already done, they have proven themselves. I am obviously expecting that they dont forget how to do their jobs between now and September though. I mean, is coaching important or not? consult osu 2021 defense for reference.

The new HC has 30 years experience and coached in 8 national championship games. I think learning under Snyder, Stoops and Swinney is only going to make him a better coach. And he's just a good person.

Well, the entire fan base wasnt finished with him. Some were, sure. Dont look past that if you want, but I dont think the fans opinions really are a factor here, production matters. Feels like you are looking past his resume though. What's more valuable, having 30 years experience under 3 hall of famers, coaching 8 national championship games, and a track record of some of the sport's best defense...or what happened 10 years ago? Dunno, objectivity may be too much to ask of a poster on this board

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You had some opinions about our pleasure of a very experienced Gabriel's commitment. Im not oversold on the staff, I have reasonable expectations. I just know what they have all already done, they have proven themselves. I am obviously expecting that they dont forget how to do their jobs between now and September though. I mean, is coaching important or not? consult osu 2021 defense for reference.

The new HC has 30 years experience and coached in 8 national championship games. I think learning under Snyder, Stoops and Swinney is only going to make him a better coach. And he's just a good person.

Well, the entire fan base wasnt finished with him. Some were, sure. Dont look past that if you want, but I dont think the fans opinions really are a factor here, production matters. Feels like you are looking past his resume though. What's more valuable, having 30 years experience under 3 hall of famers, coaching 8 national championship games, and a track record of some of the sport's best defense...or what happened 10 years ago? Dunno, objectivity may be too much to ask of a poster on this board
Yeah Gabriel. The guy y’all claimed is an upgrade over CW and played a SOS in the 60 range and struggled against some mid to top tier AAC teams. Nice pickup. Go crazy.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Ahhh the judgemental idiots raining doom and gloom on OU.

Never mind the fact that their offense finished outside the top 50. Lost three running backs and their only receiving threat and good lineman. Seven defensive starters and their defensive coordinator to Ohio State.

I’m sure they’ll land on their feet.

Has Gundy googled a new DC yet? Any cool YouTube videos?

That at home sunburst bellybutton tat removal kit must not be working for you, you seem agitated.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Yeah Gabriel. The guy y’all claimed is an upgrade over CW and played a SOS in the 60 range and struggled against some mid to top tier AAC teams. Nice pickup. Go crazy.
I’m not going to be held responsible for the comments of some mystical fans you think claimed he is an upgrade over Williams

Yes, he is an excellent pick up, thanks. He actually reminds me a lot of Mayfield except he might be a little bit more athletic but not as strong of a deep ball

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Gabriel isn’t an upgrade period. But he knows Lebby’s system and performs it quite well. Now he’s got Oklahoma players and Oklahoma resources.

Georgia just won a title with a walk on QB. You don’t need an elite QB to win a title.

Oklahoma’s bringing in a ton of talent and being incredibly aggressive in the portal this off-season. They’re even gonna have a late signing period push for the ‘22 class. Something that they haven’t traditionally done.

Anyhoo. Oklahoma is light years ahead of where Oklahoma State is presently. Despite you guys winning Bedlam this year. So keep on talking.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Gabriel isn’t an upgrade period. But he knows Lebby’s system and performs it quite well. Now he’s got Oklahoma players and Oklahoma resources.

Georgia just won a title with a walk on QB. You don’t need an elite QB to win a title.

Oklahoma’s bringing in a ton of talent and being incredibly aggressive in the portal this off-season. They’re even gonna have a late signing period push for the ‘22 class. Something that they haven’t traditionally done.

Anyhoo. Oklahoma is light years ahead of where Oklahoma State is presently. Despite you guys winning Bedlam this year. So keep on talking.

You aren't Georgia. Your team lives and dies by QB play. Plus, they've done something you haven't: Won a title in the last two decades.

We aren't Georgia either, but we were better than you this year...so we're allowed to "keep talking" for another 10 months when you'll get a chance for revenge. Better get busy in the transfer portal so you can field a team!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I’m not sure what objective evidence you have that confirms light years other than your own homerism. Sounds like you have a lot of unproven provens which is like talking football with a child. What’s next? Old Stinky Underwear?

Last edited:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I did note that

I’m not sure what objective evidence you have that confirms light years other than your own homerism. Sounds like you have a lot of unproven provens which is like talking football with a child. What’s next? Old Stinky Underwear?
Gawd I'm so confused... I'm pretty sure both of them posted that Gabriel was an "upgrade" to Williams. And now they are both all "no, he's not an upgrade... but he is better than Williams." :derp::facepalm:

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Gawd I'm so confused... I'm pretty sure both of them posted that Gabriel was an "upgrade" to Williams. And now they are both all "no, he's not an upgrade... but he is better than Williams." :derp::facepalm:
Within a couple months, OU fans have chanted for Williams to replace their previous hero Rattler, then Riley leaves and Williams becomes a bum that they are better off without and is easily upgraded. If he somehow returned to OU, all of a sudden he would be Football Jesus again. Outside of College Station, there is no bigger clown show of a fanbase.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Find a post of mine where I clamed Gabriel to be an upgrade over Willilams and I will paypal you.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Within a couple months, OU fans have chanted for Williams to replace their previous hero Rattler, then Riley leaves and Williams becomes a bum that they are better off without and is easily upgraded. If he somehow returned to OU, all of a sudden he would be Football Jesus again. Outside of College Station, there is no bigger clown show of a fanbase.
Pretty sure I know more OU fans than you do, and I dont know anyone who said any of that except for Williams over Rattler, which is a rather obvious choice.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well I mean, they lost almost their entire coaching staff & a bunch of commits including two 5 stars just 2 weeks before signing day and still managed to salvage a top 10 class, and they arent done yet. Says a lot about the juice that the program has. Gundy couldnt get a top 10 class after his best season in a decade....just how bad would the osu class have been if they lost gundy, the qb coach, wrs coach, the recruiting coordinator, a handful of assitants, and entire defensive staff days after bedlam? Credit where credit is due.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You aren't Georgia. Your team lives and dies by QB play. Plus, they've done something you haven't: Won a title in the last two decades.

We aren't Georgia either, but we were better than you this year...so we're allowed to "keep talking" for another 10 months when you'll get a chance for revenge. Better get busy in the transfer portal so you can field a team!
“We we’re better than you this year”

And then choked on the conference championship game. You got nothing but a Bedlam win. Your 19th all-time bedlam win. Really. Congratulations on finally winning one of those again.

“Your team lives and dies by QB play”

Riley is gone. His teams lived and died by QB play. Teams like what Venables is gonna lead are defensive dominant period. He’s gonna be aggressive offensively, but he’s a defensive guy and will build a fast, aggressive defense first.

The attrition in Stillwater is monumentally worse than it is in Norman. Oklahoma has deeper squad and is building more depth through recruiting and transfers.

We see what’s really important in Stillwater. Defeating one team. Y’all really don’t care about anything else and it’s painfully obvious.

Oklahoma has a monumentally better coaching staff and recruiting base.

Oklahoma State is the Big 12’s version of Iowa.

Congratulations. You’re Iowa.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Well I mean, they lost almost their entire coaching staff & a bunch of commits including two 5 stars just 2 weeks before signing day and still managed to salvage a top 10 class, and they arent done yet. Says a lot about the juice that the program has. Gundy couldnt get a top 10 class after his best season in a decade....just how bad would the osu class have been if they lost gundy, the qb coach, wrs coach, the recruiting coordinator, a handful of assitants, and entire defensive staff days after bedlam? Credit where credit is due.
Gundy can’t even hire a damn defensive coordinator in a timely manner.

But I bet there’s fewer turtles in those ponds in Payne County.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Gundy can’t even hire a damn defensive coordinator in a timely manner.

But I bet there’s fewer turtles in those ponds in Payne County.

Says a lot that he hasn’t even done that yet

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Says a lot that he hasn’t even done that yet
Says the same thing that Gundy’s been about the last ten years. Dude doesn’t care. He Forrest Gumped into a conference championship. Won Bedlam while Riley was trying to leave Norman and it’ll keep the Stillwaterians happy because they finally beat those gooney gooners.

It really has dawned on me though. There’s not a dollars worth of difference between Kirk Ferentz and Mike Gundy. Both made a name for themselves a long time ago and have been coasting off of it ever since. They’re always in the discussion for best team in the conference but never on top when the season is done. Massive amounts of mediocrity and it takes little to make the hometown crowd happy so they kinda just keep him around.

That’s it. That’s the comparison.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I mean there is a search feature. Go find them. I would certainly never call Gabriel an upgrade. It’s pretty stupid to say. The only plus side is he’s accurate, he’s mobile and he’s excelled in Lebby’s system. And that’s really all you need out of a quarterback.