Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Obviously, Jeff Lebby saw this and asked Boomer to find another school, because rape.

https://twitter.com/Bitterwhiteguy/status/1479978779791568897?s=20
The pleasure on that ruffnek's face indicated consent. If anything, there wasn't enough rape for Lebby.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I know you're excited about Lebby, but he inherited a really good QB and had one of the softest schedules imaginable. Any offense is going to put up numbers against a bunch of bottomfeeder defenses like Louisville, Austin Peay, Tulane, Liberty, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. In Lebby's 2 years as OC, they amassed 3 wins against ranked teams.
If you're afraid to make a record prediction, how about predicting how many years Lebby is allowed to stick around if he doesn't match Riley's production?
What really good qb did he inherit? Corral? Are you saying that every highly rated qb turns out to be awesome or is coaching a big part of development? I bet you were one of those guys who says stars dont mean crap and nothing matters til you prove it on the field. well, look what he's done with Lebby. Corral had been pretty meh in 2019 has basically been a top 10 guy over the last 2 seasons.

He developed Gabriel and had him as a top 13 qb in the country as a freshman at ucf. And he was a top 5 qb in 2020. And now he's at OU, im not mad.

Lebby's offense #5 in the country in yards last season and has lead the sec in yards gained over the last two seasons. pretty good for a conference that won the last 2 nattys. I love that he runs a lot. I think mississippi was the only program in the country (i know it's the only program in the top 10 rushing) with three running backs with 100+ carries each. Looking forward to what he can do with more talent in Norman and all the defensive talent that the big 12 is so famous for.

Nobody is afraid to make a record prediction, it's just not something I do. Im not sure i ever have.

Okay so your hypothetical question, how many years Lebby will be allowed to stick around if his offensive production does not match riley's. Well, depends how far off he is. But there's no additional context. So ill just randomly say 2 weeks.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
What really good qb did he inherit? Corral? Are you saying that every highly rated qb turns out to be awesome or is coaching a big part of development? I bet you were one of those guys who says stars dont mean crap and nothing matters til you prove it on the field. well, look what he's done with Lebby. Corral had been pretty meh in 2019 has basically been a top 10 guy over the last 2 seasons.

He developed Gabriel and had him as a top 13 qb in the country as a freshman at ucf. And he was a top 5 qb in 2020. And now he's at OU, im not mad.

Lebby's offense #5 in the country in yards last season and has lead the sec in yards gained over the last two seasons. pretty good for a conference that won the last 2 nattys. I love that he runs a lot. I think mississippi was the only program in the country (i know it's the only program in the top 10 rushing) with three running backs with 100+ carries each. Looking forward to what he can do with more talent in Norman and all the defensive talent that the big 12 is so famous for.

Nobody is afraid to make a record prediction, it's just not something I do. Im not sure i ever have.

Okay so your hypothetical question, how many years Lebby will be allowed to stick around if his offensive production does not match riley's. Well, depends how far off he is. But there's no additional context. So ill just randomly say 2 weeks.
Stars are great as an indicator of potential, but to think they directly translate to success without a lot of other pieces is foolish. That's why we roll our eyes when you and TG come in here waving your Recruiting Championship banners knowing full well OSU's 3 stars are going to be able to compete.

Corral played intermittently in 2019, so yeah, his 2020 and 2021 seasons when he was the starter were better.......

So you're saying Gabriel did far better after Lebby left? Interesting.
He's played 2 ranked teams in his entire career, and lost to both of them (BYU and Cincinnati ironically).

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Stars are great as an indicator of potential, but to think they directly translate to success without a lot of other pieces is foolish. That's why we roll our eyes when you and TG come in here waving your Recruiting Championship banners knowing full well OSU's 3 stars are going to be able to compete.

Corral played intermittently in 2019, so yeah, his 2020 and 2021 seasons when he was the starter were better.......

He's played 2 ranked teams in his entire career, and lost to both of them (BYU and Cincinnati ironically).
And struggled against Tulsa.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

It goes without saying, it’s obvious and everybody already knows that there are multiple factors to success. And it’s quite clear what these people have done on the field, so yes, very good reason to be looking forward to what they can do at OU.

Yep, he developed Gabriel from the onset & set him up for success. look what he did his second year, he got even better. And the guy thinks he can do better with Lebby than chip Kelly. Wonder what kind of season he could have with the skill players & the o line in Norman & the OC having full control of the offense

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
It goes without saying, it’s obvious and everybody already knows that there are multiple factors to success. And it’s quite clear what these people have done on the field, so yes, very good reason to be looking forward to what they can do at OU.

Yep, he developed Gabriel from the onset & set him up for success. look what he did his second year, he got even better. And the guy thinks he can do better with Lebby than chip Kelly. Wonder what kind of season he could have with the skill players & the o line in Norman & the OC having full control of the offense
Wowweee! I mean, is it too early to start Gabriel's Heisman buzz?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Don't look now, but Norman is starting to run short on skill players, that oline didn't impress me too much either.
It definitely regressed after riley fired schmitty. They used to be so big and physical but the last few years it hasnt been like it was when they had him. At any rate, the rbs averaged 5.4 yards per carry, which is 3rd among P5 teams- #1 team averaged 5.6. Some credit to the boys up front for that.

Wowweee! I mean, is it too early to start Gabriel's Heisman buzz?

Just wait and see if Jaxson Dart comes to OU. Who knows, but looks like he'll be taking a visit this weekend. His commitment would make for a frenzy

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
It definitely regressed after riley fired schmitty. They used to be so big and physical but the last few years it hasnt been like it was when they had him. At any rate, the rbs averaged 5.4 yards per carry, which is 3rd among P5 teams- #1 team averaged 5.6. Some credit to the boys up front for that.

Just wait and see if Jaxson Dart comes to OU. Who knows, but looks like he'll be taking a visit this weekend. His commitment would make for a frenzy
Yeah, lol. Jaxson Dart. 9 TDs, 4 INTs and a 1-4 record. Who knows, he could be better than that walk-on with a couple snaps, the true freshman, and that G5 transfer. Y'all would be stacked.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Yeah, lol. Jaxson Dart. 9 TDs, 4 INTs and a 1-4 record. Who knows, he could be better than that walk-on with a couple snaps, the true freshman, and that G5 transfer. Y'all would be stacked.
Yup not too dissimilar to mayfield his freshman year.

I’m very confident that Dillon would lead this offense and make OU fans proud

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

It really shined in the bowl game.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Ahhh the judgemental idiots raining doom and gloom on OU.

Never mind the fact that their offense finished outside the top 50. Lost three running backs and their only receiving threat and good lineman. Seven defensive starters and their defensive coordinator to Ohio State.

I’m sure they’ll land on their feet.

Has Gundy googled a new DC yet? Any cool YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Never mind the fact that their offense finished outside the top 50. Lost three running backs and their only receiving threat and good lineman. Seven defensive starters and their defensive coordinator to Ohio State.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

We have young talent at RB. Not worried unless they can’t protect the QB. DR looked great doing that late. Only WR threat is a joke. We have a loads of talent. If you know anything about Sanders, he typically has a security blanket at WR1. He’s lost two blankies now and we keep replacing them because we recruit pretty damn good at WR.

I’m a little concerned on defense, but the guy you think is a moron moved extra scholarships to the defense 5 years ago and it paid off. We’re deep there.

You've proven, yet again, you truly don’t know your ass from your elbow still. If you had half a brain, your focus would be on our OL. I’m worried there.. again.