Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Wow OU fans are actually a bunch of pricks. Not sure I’d go rubbing this in their face at dirt burglars if the roles were reversed. Them and the UT cowards didn’t even have the balls to dial into the AD meeting. Sneaky and Can’t even face the rest of the conference.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The way OU recruits and is playing defense right now, they would do just fine in the sec. The reason why they tend to lose in the playoff is because they 1. played with out a defense and 2. had been pitted against the sec champ- they wont be facing the best team in that conference every week. With this enhanced recruiting outside of alabama OU would be pretty consistently better than most of those other teams. Especially, considering how most of the elite recruits out there want to play in that conference, OU would be an even more appealing destination than it is now. So it would then become even easier for OU to attract 'elite' talent in positions where they have generally only gotten 'really good' talent. like on the D line.

As far as playoffs go- it's being expanded to 12. So they'll pretty much be in every year regardless of conference.

As far as competition goes- they would likely be in a pod with aggie, texas, and probably missouri. Or they'll go to 8 team divisions, but if everyone goes to 16 teams, it'll more likely mean they'll try to go to a 4 team pod model with 3 permanent opponents and 6 rotating opponents from other pods.

But they'd make a ton of money and that's the biggest driving force here.
Do you try to be comical or do you really believe what you type? My goodness you need to do stand-up.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Can't believe they are hitching their wagon to the heifers. .

Texas is always "back" but here's a bit of truth.

https://twitter.com/The_StatsGuru/status/1418243142491443201?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Can't believe they are hitching their wagon to the heifers. .

Texas is always "back" but here's a bit of truth.

https://twitter.com/The_StatsGuru/status/1418243142491443201?s=19

I don’t think Oklahoma is hitching a wagon to Texas at all. They just want out for the same reasons. The Big 12 is lazy and they’re the only entities legitimately drawing any attention to the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Wow OU fans are actually a bunch of pricks. Not sure I’d go rubbing this in their face at dirt burglars if the roles were reversed. Them and the UT cowards didn’t even have the balls to dial into the AD meeting. Sneaky and Can’t even face the rest of the conference.
You seem...upset.

Dispute? Your whole precedent is pitiful.
Again, if there is a specific thing you'd like to dispute, im all for it.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I don’t think Oklahoma is hitching a wagon to Texas at all. They just want out for the same reasons. The Big 12 is lazy and they’re the only entities legitimately drawing any attention to the conference.

Per all reports, UT is leading this. You are at the moment hitching your wagon to them. Funny thing is, there are some legitimate objections/obstacles to UT getting added, while OU is a no brainer. It could be Mizzou trying to join the B1G all over again. I think we can agree that it would be nice to watch UT blow this up only to get rejected and then have to go hit on the ACC.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Just recently, Bryndyn Walker and Levi Draper. Broke your heart with Creed Humphrey, Tre Norwood and Isaiah Thomas.

That’s not including all the kids you don’t bother recruiting because you know you won’t get a sniff because Oklahoma is involved.

Believe Draper was the only one on that list who was actually committed to OSU. Was worth losing him to see Tulsa poach him from you LOL

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Just recently, Bryndyn Walker and Levi Draper. Broke your heart with Creed Humphrey, Tre Norwood and Isaiah Thomas.

That’s not including all the kids you don’t bother recruiting because you know you won’t get a sniff because Oklahoma is involved.

Believe Draper was the only one on that list who was actually committed to OSU. Was worth losing him to see Tulsa poach him from you LOL
Walker was committed also. He’s getting rotation at rush end currently.

Draper wasn’t seeing the field and transferred to Arkansas. Probably because OU’s currently rotating four guys at Mike and Will who are all legitimate starters.

So…. You’re wrong again.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Per all reports, UT is leading this. You are at the moment hitching your wagon to them. Funny thing is, there are some legitimate objections/obstacles to UT getting added, while OU is a no brainer. It could be Mizzou trying to join the B1G all over again. I think we can agree that it would be nice to watch UT blow this up only to get rejected and then have to go hit on the ACC.
Word on the street is Joe C has had a gag in order effect for those in the know for the last six months.

Oklahoma gets dumped on in the media scheduling routinely. The Nebraska thing is the straw that broke the camels back. Texas can’t field a product right now to save their life, but have the exact same reasons Oklahoma does to want out.

We’re about to see just how much the SEC respects A&M.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Word on the street is Joe C has had a gag in order effect for those in the know for the last six months.

Oklahoma gets dumped on in the media scheduling routinely. The Nebraska thing is the straw that broke the camels back. Texas can’t field a product right now to save their life, but have the exact same reasons Oklahoma does to want out.

I love how freaked out and butthurt they are about the possibility of their big bro crashing their sec party. I can easily see how all the recruiting momentum of aggie will spill into texas and aggie will go back to being largely irrelevant again.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I love how freaked out and butthurt they are about the possibility of their big bro crashing their sec party. I can easily see how all the recruiting momentum of aggie will spill into texas and aggie will go back to being largely irrelevant again.
I am excited for you guys. I think discovering the fanbases in Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Athens and Tuscaloosa should be a blast for sooner fans. Have fun.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I am excited for you guys. I think discovering the fanbases in Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Athens and Tuscaloosa should be a blast for sooner fans. Have fun.
I still don't expect them to develop any self awareness. They will just think all those people started it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

One of ut's own regents apparently leaked it, so not all of their people are on board with it. Bet the same for ou.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

You really think that a&m is getting recruits that would want to go to Texas, but only go to the Aggies because of sec?

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I still don't expect them to develop any self awareness. They will just think all those people started it.
I think a night game in Baton Rouge will open some eyes. It might take those coonasses a few seasons to really bring the hate since it will probably take that long for them to realize it's a conference game.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

You really think that a&m is getting recruits that would want to go to Texas, but only go to the Aggies because of sec?

Yup. Happens to lots of teams over there. That’s why the sec has 10 teams in the top 30 for the 2021 class. And the big 12 has 3 and that’s only because Osu was 30th. They want to play in Texas and the sec and that was their big advantage. The only Texas sec team. And they recruit better now than they ever did in the big 12.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Oh some of them are terrible. Not planning to make every road trip down there That’s for sure

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Yup. Happens to lots of teams over there. That’s why the sec has 10 teams in the top 30 for the 2021 class. And the big 12 has 3 and that’s only because Osu was 30th. They want to play in Texas and the sec and that was their big advantage. The only Texas sec team. And they recruit better now than they ever did in the big 12.
And they still suck.