Bedlam 2013

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
This was one hell of a game. OU "upsetting' #6 lil bro with so much on the line, a big 12 championship and a BCS bowl game. The game winning touchdown was the only touchdown the offense scored that day. A fake field goal w a kicker scoring a td, Frigid temps, a tight end/backup qb throwing the game winning touchdown in the final minute. Then, a potential post regulation bedlam boxing match due to the unnecessary late hit on Striker after he scores that touchdown on the bad lateral. Then, the osu cheerleader trying to trip him in the end zone, and osu fans throwing trash on the field. Very drama, much fun!

So many close plays, this could have went differently so many times. Play of the year is at 3:52 when Bester knocks the ball out of Gilbert's hands on what was a sure game clinching interception. I know some of you are probably still salty about that because it very well could have been an interception. Oh well. Bobby Stoops gave it all away the following year.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Without question, the most bitter defeat of the Grundy era for me.

He’s a thoughtful guy, so I assume Stoops still sends Xmas cards to crew that worked that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Without question, the most bitter defeat of the Grundy era for me.

He’s a thoughtful guy, so I assume Stoops still sends Xmas cards to crew that worked that game

I know I would.

That fake fg AFTER the play clock ran out was the epitome of sooner magic.
I'm not sure if that was more magical than getting the call on the no interception.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Don’t forget the male cheerleader trying to trip the player in the end zone or the cups and Turkey legs being thrown on the field after it was over. That was magic too.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Don’t forget the male cheerleader trying to trip the player in the end zone or the cups and Turkey legs being thrown on the field after it was over. That was magic too.

It helped too. OU was down to their 3rd string QB and bobby repunted the following year. So the stars aligned and gave lil bro the W they should have gotten the previous year

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
This game ruined Bedlam football for me. I don't even get excited or really care about it anymore, because I know the only time we're going to win is when nothing too important is on the line for us. Maybe bowl eligibility, but that's about the highest stakes we can ever hope to come out with. I don't even know what time the game is at until maybe Friday afternoon. And that's just so I can tell my wife to leave about 90 minutes free during that time. I'll unemotionally watch it until it's obvious we have no chance and then I turn it off. The good thing is, I'm over a Bedlam football loss before the game is even over. One Bedlam baseball loss will piss me off for 3 days. Thanks Gundy. My level of interest in this game now matches yours.