Baylor Trip

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 31, 2008
Oklahoma City
Went to the Baylor, along with 9 other OSU Alumni. Beautiful Day for college football at a beautiful University.
The Baylor Fans were a class act. The Hospitality was awesome. We were treated well and all ten of us were invited to share
in their Tailgating Festivities. Cooked cheeseburgers for us and served beverages. Let us watch their Bigscreen TV as TCU put a whoopin on the gooners. We should endeavor to treat our visiting fans as well as we were treated.

It was hot day and Baylor was handing out free bottles of ice water and free water vouchers for use in the stadium before the game. I have never experience that before. That was awesome and I apllaud Baylor for that.

In the stadium, which is awesome. I never heard foul language or encountered any drunken beligerancy of any kind. Even as we left the Stadium, the Baylor Fans were cordial, even though they lost. Hats Off to Baylor and the Baylor Fans.

The OSU Band was awesome and they really made a difference. OSU had 23 Tubas to Baylors 21.
OSU Fans showed up and were well behaved as well. A Great College Game Day Atmosphere. Two very good well coached teams.

Got to meet our new Athletic Director too.

Thank You Baylor and the Baylor Fans, you ARE a Class Act. Win or Lose Baylor sets a High Standard.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
We had a great time, though with a full day of everything going our way, we could've been in the middle of a desert and had a good time.

The Baylor fans we met were great and cordial, and we had good banter about mutual enemies OU and TX and the future of both programs. They didn't gloat about the CCG which they earned the right to do.

The stadium was OK, honestly it seemed pretty basic and unimaginative. Being set apart from a mass of tailgaters seemed weak to a longtime OSU tailgater.

We really enjoyed a couple joints in downtown Waco before and after the game.

Its super close to us in Dallas and not far for the OSU faithful either. At any time and place throughout the day you could find another group of OSU fans. I think we traveled well and represented even better.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We had a great time, though with a full day of everything going our way, we could've been in the middle of a desert and had a good time.

The Baylor fans we met were great and cordial, and we had good banter about mutual enemies OU and TX and the future of both programs. They didn't gloat about the CCG which they earned the right to do.

The stadium was OK, honestly it seemed pretty basic and unimaginative. Being set apart from a mass of tailgaters seemed weak to a longtime OSU tailgater.

Its super close to us in Dallas and not far for the OSU faithful either. At any time and place throughout the day you could find another group of OSU fans. I think we traveled well and represented even better.
You smoke pot in downtown Waco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

docjoctoo

Territorial Marshal
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Went to the Baylor, along with 9 other OSU Alumni. Beautiful Day for college football at a beautiful University.
The Baylor Fans were a class act. The Hospitality was awesome. We were treated well and all ten of us were invited to share
in their Tailgating Festivities. Cooked cheeseburgers for us and served beverages. Let us watch their Bigscreen TV as TCU put a whoopin on the gooners. We should endeavor to treat our visiting fans as well as we were treated.

It was hot day and Baylor was handing out free bottles of ice water and free water vouchers for use in the stadium before the game. I have never experience that before. That was awesome and I apllaud Baylor for that.

In the stadium, which is awesome. I never heard foul language or encountered any drunken beligerancy of any kind. Even as we left the Stadium, the Baylor Fans were cordial, even though they lost. Hats Off to Baylor and the Baylor Fans.

The OSU Band was awesome and they really made a difference. OSU had 23 Tubas to Baylors 21.
OSU Fans showed up and were well behaved as well. A Great College Game Day Atmosphere. Two very good well coached teams.

Got to meet our new Athletic Director too.

Thank You Baylor and the Baylor Fans, you ARE a Class Act. Win or Lose Baylor sets a High Standard.
That's the way games should be played and visitors received.

Jan 5, 2011

I thought the stadium was awesome. First off, to only seat 45,000 it feels really big with the 3 tiers/levels. The concourse was really cool being able to see the field. I wish BPS had a concourse that allowed you to see the field. We sat in the endzone and the view of campus in the opposite endzone was pretty cool. Also, after our final interception, it was awesome to see the bridge overflowing with baylor fans while we were finishing out the last few minutes of the game. Very cool college stadium.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

More Cowbell and his buddy cruising the streets of downtown Waco before the game......

cheech-chong-up-in-smoke-paramount-pictures-759x500.jpg

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
They had comfy stadium with good leg room.
Hopefully TBP stadium when renovated with wider seats will include additional leg room. I read they had parking problems so I bought a $30 dollar parking pass at the Ferrell Center but when arrived it was free parking at the Ferrell Center and a long walk to the stadium and even longer walk across the bridge. We were tired after the long walk.

I thought the stadium was on campus but really it is about five-ten blocks off campus across the river and the river really smells bad.

Fans were friendly and food was cheap but limited. I guess it is off my bucket list and probably won’t go back.

Mar 8, 2010
Glad to hear that but my experience in Jerry World during the CCG was the exact opposite. The most rude, arrogant, foul mouthed fans I’ve ever had to put up with. I’ll never take the risk of exposing my grandkids to that type of irresponsible behavior again. No more Baylor games for me!

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I attended the game @Baylor in 2016....

I had a similar positive experience as the original poster relayed. Really enjoyed the game day experience at Baylor (even though we lost that day).

Dec 17, 2020
Dallas, TX
Glad to hear that but my experience in Jerry World during the CCG was the exact opposite. The most rude, arrogant, foul mouthed fans I’ve ever had to put up with. I’ll never take the risk of exposing my grandkids to that type of irresponsible behavior again. No more Baylor games for me!
Hostilities on both sides were running pretty hot. Witnessed a number of skirmishes...especially with Baylor fans in OSU seating areas.

Jul 11, 2007
Hostilities on both sides were running pretty hot. Witnessed a number of skirmishes...especially with Baylor fans in OSU seating areas.
Sat next to two Baylor fans on the OSU side at the CCG. The male fan started with derogatory remarks about Pokes' fans. All it took was, "Hey, look around you, read the room." Didn't hear anything after that. However, after the game there was a drunken brawl in the Clubhouse. Baylor's drunken fans were being asses, but were in an enclosed area of the Club. We knew they were there. But they came out of their room hot, into a hot mess of Cowboys. Wasn't pretty, nor a big deal, as Jerry World has some pretty big and burly security officers that were in stealth mode.