Baylor suspending all football activities...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If Sanders still isn't completely healed he will be by then. I say we go an all out scrimmage on Saturday in place of that game. Hold it in Stillwater with paying fans. I'd go. Go Pokes beat the Clones! I guarantee you that ISU isn't going to be careless and get our game with them for the lead in the conference canceled.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think it's a blessing in disguise. ISU is off and having a tough road game in advance of the huge game with ISU, in a place we have failed to win is likely a blessing. Btw, Baylor didn't want to play Houston either and waited until the Friday prior to the game to cancel. At least they gave us a week...also this keeps us from getting it from them.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The only thing I don't like is playing them there the week prior to the Championship game...Especially if fans are fully released to be at games by then.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
The only thing I don't like is playing them there the week prior to the Championship game...Especially if fans are fully released to be at games by then.
I wonder if there are no implications to the Big 12 Championship if the game is just cancelled? Of course, IF we are undefeated we will probably need to play it.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
I saw the stands during the A&M game yesterday - packed and maskless and screaming. That, plus the infection metrics from Texas, has me doubting any Texas teams avoid outbreaks. 50+ new cases a day in McClennan county.

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Also, IF we are able too make the ccg, does this mean our opponent will have two weeks to prepare for us and rest up while we waste a week on Baylor? Makes me mad.
Yes but given the choice I’d rather have that bye week now to get Sanders healthy rather than before the CCG which isn’t guaranteed. If we lose a few games between now and then but still lock in the CCG before Baylor I could see us canceling it. Otherwise we obviously would need all the wins we can get for playoff considerations.