Baylor suspending all football activities...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I agree, just saying Baylor is not the only one having outbreaks. They are so far though the only ones to whine and cry and not play over it as you pointed out. Of course maybe KSU should have done the same since they lost that game...
My irrational, visceral hatred for that “learning institution” will never allow me to view anything they do through an objective lens. Baylor needs to just not exist

their new stadium/facilities and any success they have was built on the back of Art Briles.
Actually it was built on the backs of innocent women

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
yeah I didn't get how their AD said "we are hopeful but not optimistic we play next week" while they would've had enough players available this week?
Where did you read the “not optimistic” quote?
Each outlet I read says:
"We are taking all possible precautions and our focus remains playing the scheduled game with Oklahoma State at McLane Stadium on October 17."

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Where did you read the “not optimistic” quote?
Each outlet I read says:
"We are taking all possible precautions and our focus remains playing the scheduled game with Oklahoma State at McLane Stadium on October 17."
https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma...ate-has-to-battle-coronovirus-in-the-bye-week

As for next week and Baylor, John Werner, who covers Baylor for the Waco Tribune-Herald, said he spoke to Baylor athletics director Mack Rhoades at Baylor.

"He said that if the game had been this Saturday that by the Big 12 protocols (53 players, seven offensive linemen, four interior defensive players, and a quarterback) that they could have played," Werner said of his conversation with Rhoades. He also said, 'We are hopeful, but not necessarily optimistic that we will be able to play next Saturday with Oklahoma State,'" finished Werner.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
U.S. Department of Education fines Baylor $462K for violations of Jeanne Clery Act

The U.S. Department of Education has fined Baylor University about $462,000 for violations of campus crime and safety rules after the school announced in 2017 that it was being investigated in light of public reports of sexual assaults on campus being higher than the numbers Baylor had officially reported.

The violations of the Jeanne Clery Act occurred between 2011 and 2016 and included "lack of administrative capability, failure to report accurate crime statistics in the annual security report, failure to comply with timely warning issuance and policy provisions, and failure to maintain an accurate, complete daily crime log," according to a news release issued Friday by the school.

In 2016, Baylor fired head football coach Art Briles and suspended athletic director Ian McCaw, who soon resigned, after an investigation by a third-party law firm found problems in how complaints of sexual violence against football players had been addressed. The problems were universitywide and also led to the demotion, and eventual departure, of former university president Ken Starr.

(Here is ESPN link to read the rest of the story)

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...rtment-education-fines-baylor-462k-violations

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
That is really not much money and there are people who should have been tried criminally.
The fact that baylol won't appeal tells you how happy they are to get away with this "punishment." After fighting over every minor detail for years, getting out with a simple fine is a huge, huge win. Those who know they could have faced criminal prosecution have to be ecstatic.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Anyone in the mood for a good tin foil hat theory?

Baylor intends to play but is floating this out there in hopes it impacts the intensity of workouts for us. It sounds crazy but a 20 year old kid might not be as motivated to prepare for a game that isn't going to be played.

Probably not, but we are talking about a program that hangs fake brick tarps on the walls of the stadium and puts up banners from bowl games they haven't been to.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Baylor intends to play but is floating this out there in hopes it impacts the intensity of workouts for us. It sounds crazy but a 20 year old kid might not be as motivated to prepare for a game that isn't going to be played.

Probably not, but we are talking about a program that hangs fake brick tarps on the walls of the stadium and puts up banners from bowl games they haven't been to.
There is no doubt they are up to something

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Hmm....

Our team has been off since before the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Wouldn't it be better to have practice? That way you KNOW precautions are being taken?
Extra days for the bye week, it went something like 2 on, 2 off, 3 on and 2 off then back to game week. You have to give them time off during the bye and that was the concern. If you listen to the KU post game/bye week presser it is there.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We are hopeful, but not necessarily optimistic that we will be able to play next Saturday with Oklahoma State,
This concerns me. Sounds like they have already made up their mind. How could they be able to play this weekend, but not be optimistic about playing next weekend unless they already knew they don't intend to play.