Baylor Bear Fans in total denial!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I have it on good authority that the decision to allocate more scholly's to defense was a collective decision of the coordinators and Gundy had nothing to do with it. I reserve the right to change this if the decision doesn't work out later. :closed:
Yeah cause the coordinators can do anything without the explicit consent of the head coach......SMH

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Based on their history, they should just all agree that they are never allowed to throw shade at any school (other than maybe Penn State...? ) EVER. Just don't do it. At this point deviant behavior is their brand - so it doesn't work well when they start trying to debate OSU's waving song vs Kansas waving the wheat.
My distaste for Baylor fans started well before their rape culture was made evident.

They were the punching bag of the Big12. The automatic “W”. It was cute to see their 13k fans in attendance do the bear claw. I always rooted for them to pull off a game.

Then they started winning games, now all of a sudden they act like they are Notre Dame or US fricking C. They actually looked down at schools like tech and “okie lite” that had dominated them for decades. Their arrogance and smugness of their new found success was toxic.

I have completely enjoyed watching this implosion and hope it goes back to the 2000s Baylor. I will pull for them against UT and OU but that’s it.
Would LOVE to see the green tarps brought out again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My daughter is looking a colleges, and my wife asked “what about Baylor?” Of course I went on a rant about campus safety. She then pointed out there were twice as many rapes at OSU (25) vs Baylor (12) in the last reporting period, 2018 I think. First, that’s unbelievable to me and a pretty embarrassing stain on the University I live so much. What’s wrong with people these days? But about Baylor, it’s the cover-up. I actually believe the numbers reported in Stillwater (still disgusting), but you can’t trust anything coming from Waco. Adults covering up unthinkable and unforgivable student crimes for their own benefit. That’s as bad as it gets. But, how long do we punish Baylor for crimes committed in 2016? Serious question, just curious. Personally, I will despise them until the day I die.

‘Steps down from soap box’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reported "rape" can include everything from full blown true, to he touched me without permission it seems nowadays. Also on most campuses they immediately believe the females and give no due process to the males. Whereas Baylor had full blown rapes that were reported and ignored, swept under the rug. They went the other way and told the females they were wrong and offered them no help and didn't report them at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I'm not saying he isn't. Holding Baylor to 14 was magnificent. But there are people who don't want to give Gundy credit no matter what. Dedicating extra scholarships to defense is paying off. I swear, some people would rather lose 51-53 than win 17-0.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
Holding Baylor to 14 points after giving them the balls twice at our own 30's yd lines is magnificent.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
My daughter is looking a colleges, and my wife asked “what about Baylor?” Of course I went on a rant about campus safety. She then pointed out there were twice as many rapes at OSU (25) vs Baylor (12) in the last reporting period, 2018 I think. First, that’s unbelievable to me and a pretty embarrassing stain on the University I live so much. What’s wrong with people these days? But about Baylor, it’s the cover-up. I actually believe the numbers reported in Stillwater (still disgusting), but you can’t trust anything coming from Waco. Adults covering up unthinkable and unforgivable student crimes for their own benefit. That’s as bad as it gets. But, how long do we punish Baylor for crimes committed in 2016? Serious question, just curious. Personally, I will despise them until the day I die.

‘Steps down from soap box’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you hinted at, reporting does not reflect the reality of how many rapes occurred. For example, Sweden has the 7th highest reported rape globally. Either Sweden is an incredible anomaly when look at its violent crime profile or they have good reporting systems. At the same time, Colombia is the lowest for reported rapes. Being fairly familiar with Colombia, there's zero chance that's accurate. Especially on college campus, it's usually safer to assume that higher reporting rates equals a better reporting culture and system. One of the global leaders in sexual assault reporting and prevention programming made his career at OSU before moving on a few years ago. Not saying there aren't issues, but I would actually feel more comfortable sending a daughter to a place where reporting is higher. 10 to 20% of women experience sexual assault during their college careers and it happens on every campus. So, you can go to a place that sweeps it under the rug or one that takes it more seriously (and in Baylor's case, adds a heavy dose of religious sanctimony).

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Do you all, as fans of OSU, not find it ironic that their fans sound like our fans after a loss? Two weeks ago it was KSU fans saying they thought they would be undefeated when they played ou. Thought that OSU wasn't very good. Now they're staring two losses in a row in the face.
Baylor fans whining this week. Fans...they're funny.
It’s the truth

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
My distaste for Baylor fans started well before their rape culture was made evident.

They were the punching bag of the Big12. The automatic “W”. It was cute to see their 13k fans in attendance do the bear claw. I always rooted for them to pull off a game.

Then they started winning games, now all of a sudden they act like they are Notre Dame or US fricking C. They actually looked down at schools like tech and “okie lite” that had dominated them for decades. Their arrogance and smugness of their new found success was toxic.

I have completely enjoyed watching this implosion and hope it goes back to the 2000s Baylor. I will pull for them against UT and OU but that’s it.
You’re being too kind

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This is where I’ve been for a while.
They had the chance to step up & handle things like adults; they didn’t. The admin didn’t. The coaches didn’t. The fans didn’t.
They could have learned from the basketball scandal; guess what? They didn’t.
They get credit for nothing.
I openly root for OU/Texas to mudhole them.
I want their coaches to get hired away/fired & they get nothing or pay buyouts.
I want the septic to back up in their toilet-lid stadium & flood the student section.
I want their failure at every aspect, & it should be painful.
They deserve less.
Agree with all of this!

Nov 6, 2010
I hate it when this comes up, because I do think there is a little bit of truth to it when it comes to Tech and the stupid pistol hand gesture. It seems all the old SWC teams had one and I don't remember us ever having one until we joined the BXII, then suddenly we were doing it. The waving song is well documented back 100 years or so, and who really copies Kansas on anything. The horse riding out on the field, sure, we copied that, along with any other school that has anything to do with horses, cowboys, etc. I think there are at least a dozen that do that now, so get in line on the copy factor I guess.

Maybe we need to come up with a new hand gesture like all the SEC teams have in conjunction, the middle finger.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I hate it when this comes up, because I do think there is a little bit of truth to it when it comes to Tech and the stupid pistol hand gesture. It seems all the old SWC teams had one and I don't remember us ever having one until we joined the BXII, then suddenly we were doing it. The waving song is well documented back 100 years or so, and who really copies Kansas on anything. The horse riding out on the field, sure, we copied that, along with any other school that has anything to do with horses, cowboys, etc. I think there are at least a dozen that do that now, so get in line on the copy factor I guess.

Maybe we need to come up with a new hand gesture like all the SEC teams have in conjunction, the middle finger.
I have a splendid hand gesture for them.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask