Baylor Bear Fans in total denial!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I would venture to guess that this scenario happens all the time in multiple sports, especially with graduate assistants. If you didn't plan for the possibility that the other staff might know your signals, it's just another line item in the "getting outcoached" discussion.
Yet the Baylor coach said something in his post game about changing signs for this game to avoid that possibility.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I listened to the video. At some point they start accusing us of stealing “traditions” from all the big 12 teams.
They haven't even been in a league with us for very long time wise.

Jul 9, 2004
Do you all, as fans of OSU, not find it ironic that their fans sound like our fans after a loss? Two weeks ago it was KSU fans saying they thought they would be undefeated when they played ou. Thought that OSU wasn't very good. Now they're staring two losses in a row in the face.
Baylor fans whining this week. Fans...they're funny.

Apr 7, 2006
Yet the Baylor coach said something in his post game about changing signs for this game to avoid that possibility.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Makes the fan crying even funnier.

I've got some ideas for them -
1) Don't go for 4th and 5 from your 35 yard line when you've got momentum and the opposing offense isn't doing anything.

2) Don't get 15 yard penalties when the game is on the line and you're trying to get the ball back.

3) See if your OL will block.

Apr 7, 2006
I listened to the video. At some point they start accusing us of stealing “traditions” from all the big 12 teams.
Based on their history, they should just all agree that they are never allowed to throw shade at any school (other than maybe Penn State...? ) EVER. Just don't do it. At this point deviant behavior is their brand - so it doesn't work well when they start trying to debate OSU's waving song vs Kansas waving the wheat.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Who does he work for?

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask
It doesn't matter, we have had numerous DC and they have never done what Knowles has. Gundy did hire him, but that is as far as it goes. Knowles is the MAN!
I'm not saying he isn't. Holding Baylor to 14 was magnificent. But there are people who don't want to give Gundy credit no matter what. Dedicating extra scholarships to defense is paying off. I swear, some people would rather lose 51-53 than win 17-0.

Jan 1, 2011
tx
I'm not saying he isn't. Holding Baylor to 14 was magnificent. But there are people who don't want to give Gundy credit no matter what. Dedicating extra scholarships to defense is paying off. I swear, some people would rather lose 51-53 than win 17-0.

please no swearing on this board, thank you

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Based on their history, they should just all agree that they are never allowed to throw shade at any school (other than maybe Penn State...? ) EVER. Just don't do it. At this point deviant behavior is their brand - so it doesn't work well when they start trying to debate OSU's waving song vs Kansas waving the wheat.
My distaste for Baylor fans started well before their rape culture was made evident.

They were the punching bag of the Big12. The automatic “W”. It was cute to see their 13k fans in attendance do the bear claw. I always rooted for them to pull off a game.

Then they started winning games, now all of a sudden they act like they are Notre Dame or US fricking C. They actually looked down at schools like tech and “okie lite” that had dominated them for decades. Their arrogance and smugness of their new found success was toxic.

I have completely enjoyed watching this implosion and hope it goes back to the 2000s Baylor. I will pull for them against UT and OU but that’s it.

Oct 30, 2007
not deviant behavior, criminal behavior, still cannot figure out how no one is in jail for setting up and covering up rape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

please no swearing on this board, thank you
Moderator?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
not deviant behavior, criminal behavior, still cannot figure out how no one is in jail for setting up and covering up rape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same way no one is in jail for covering up murder.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
My daughter is looking a colleges, and my wife asked “what about Baylor?” Of course I went on a rant about campus safety. She then pointed out there were twice as many rapes at OSU (25) vs Baylor (12) in the last reporting period, 2018 I think. First, that’s unbelievable to me and a pretty embarrassing stain on the University I live so much. What’s wrong with people these days? But about Baylor, it’s the cover-up. I actually believe the numbers reported in Stillwater (still disgusting), but you can’t trust anything coming from Waco. Adults covering up unthinkable and unforgivable student crimes for their own benefit. That’s as bad as it gets. But, how long do we punish Baylor for crimes committed in 2016? Serious question, just curious. Personally, I will despise them until the day I die.

‘Steps down from soap box’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2011
Personally, I will despise them until the day I die.
This is where I’ve been for a while.
They had the chance to step up & handle things like adults; they didn’t. The admin didn’t. The coaches didn’t. The fans didn’t.
They could have learned from the basketball scandal; guess what? They didn’t.
They get credit for nothing.
I openly root for OU/Texas to mudhole them.
I want their coaches to get hired away/fired & they get nothing or pay buyouts.
I want the septic to back up in their toilet-lid stadium & flood the student section.
I want their failure at every aspect, & it should be painful.
They deserve less.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
This is hilarious! Your have to listen to the callers who called in. The biggest storyline throughout is they say that Aranda was out coached by Gundy! Our opponents have more respect for our coach than our own fans do…….lol

https://youtu.be/Z6ZWZ4bmoQY
FWIW - Our team outplayed them, and our coaching staff outcoached them. If not for 3 turnovers, we’d probably have blown them out.

Apr 7, 2006
My daughter is looking a colleges, and my wife asked “what about Baylor?” Of course I went on a rant about campus safety. She then pointed out there were twice as many rapes at OSU (25) vs Baylor (12) in the last reporting period, 2018 I think. First, that’s unbelievable to me and a pretty embarrassing stain on the University I live so much. What’s wrong with people these days? But about Baylor, it’s the cover-up. I actually believe the numbers reported in Stillwater (still disgusting), but you can’t trust anything coming from Waco. Adults covering up unthinkable and unforgivable student crimes for their own benefit. That’s as bad as it gets. But, how long do we punish Baylor for crimes committed in 2016? Serious question, just curious. Personally, I will despise them until the day I die.

‘Steps down from soap box’

Since they are a private school there is far less transparency into what happens on campus. Private universities do not have to comply with freedom of information act requests.

There's zero chance Baylor's administration and regents could behave as they did without this extra protection.

So I would tell you that it could be somewhat difficult to compare sexual assault on public vs private universities given the differences.

As far as the question of "how long"? They've never been punished, so there's really no reason to drop it. Their fanbase acted in ways that are unspeakable after the controversy came to light (publicly supporting Briles in protest, victim blaming, etc), their regents acted completely irresponsibly and there wasn't a single penalty handed down by the DOJ or NCAA (what they got was a joke) while they continue to view themselves as the victim and elite. Based on the principles they advertise they are a complete joke and have thrived on keeping the truth hidden to the demise of the families and young people whose trust they broke.

With something like Penn State it seems you can forgive and move on because the matter was handled. Because that never happened in Waco it just will never feel the same to me.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX

I have it on good authority that the decision to allocate more scholly's to defense was a collective decision of the coordinators and Gundy had nothing to do with it. I reserve the right to change this if the decision doesn't work out later. :closed:

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I have it on good authority that the decision to allocate more scholly's to defense was a collective decision of the coordinators and Gundy had nothing to do with it. I reserve the right to change this if the decision doesn't work out later. :closed:
I reserve the right to call BS.