Basketball ticket renewals and upgrades…

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
So what’s the plan then for us fans. Sit around and wait? Piss and Moan? Complain? Demand a coaching change?

We as fans can’t:
Recruit players
Develop players
Retain players
Make coaching decisions

Be the change you want to see in this world.

You want GIA back, make it happen!

Show up and get rowdy, help will a team to win. Winning is contagious. Fake it till you make it, manufacture enthusiasm.

Everyone has a part in this.
I don't disagree about the attending portion if you can. And having good energy while you are there.

But it can be difficult to cheer for poor play and apathy. The teams and fans need to feed off each other.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I was curious so I looked it up, thought I would share. Most expensive ticket in 300s is $350.00 total per ticket, cheapest is $150.00. You looking at $10.00 a game, in one of the best college basketball leagues in the country. IDK how much cheaper they can go except for bring a can of soup and get in.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I renewed my ticket and for INSANELY cheap. I will say that I think the lower seating is very overpriced IMO. I'm not saying that lower seating should be low but the percent increase is MASSIVE from the upper deck to the lower seating.

That said...if HCMB puts together back to back sweet 16 (or better) runs all this goes away. It's as simple as that really. I definitely wish our fans weren't as fair weather as they are when it comes to basketball, but in truth we haven't been consistently relevant since the mid-2000s. Most of the kids coming onto campus as freshman were 5 years old at that time.

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
I renewed my ticket and for INSANELY cheap. I will say that I think the lower seating is very overpriced IMO. I'm not saying that lower seating should be low but the percent increase is MASSIVE from the upper deck to the lower seating.

That said...if HCMB puts together back to back sweet 16 (or better) runs all this goes away. It's as simple as that really. I definitely wish our fans weren't as fair weather as they are when it comes to basketball, but in truth we haven't been consistently relevant since the mid-2000s. Most of the kids coming onto campus as freshman were 5 years old at that time.
I agree. The donation required to be in the lower level for anything in the top 5 or 6 rows and outside the court end to end needs to be substantially reduced. Maybe $500 or $750 per ticket rather than $1,100 to $1,500.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
My tickets are in 213 and those seats are $2050 per seat donation and $50 ticket fee. If I was in 212 or 214 it goes down to $1700 and 211 or 215 to $1100 per seat.

Another gripe I have is all the people who sit court side in student section that are not students. Why do parents or Mom’s or Dad’s sit with their kid in the student section… it’s embarrassing. I figure I should just downgrade to 300 level and move down every game and get a $3000 refund from OSU ticket office.

My seats would be considered Club Level in TBP so I should get free food and access to mixed drinks.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
figure I should just downgrade to 300 level and move down every game and get a $3000 refund from OSU ticket office.
I’m not a fan of the “move down” the ushers should do a better job at policing this. some may disagree but I pay a decent amount to sit where I do, it cheapens my seat when people “moved down”
My seats would be considered Club Level in TBP so I should get free food and access to mixed drinks.
Thats actually a very good point