Basketball ticket renewals and upgrades…

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Aren't there donations required as well though?

And like you said, we have to solve the problem of the ticket owners and students who aren't going as well.
When you talk season ticket prices I think most just talk total cost. All tickets are like $50/season, the rest is donation (similar to football pricing).

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
When you talk season ticket prices I think most just talk total cost. All tickets are like $50/season, the rest is donation (similar to football pricing).
that's right total cost. 250 for sections just off of mid court and 500 for mid court in the 300s. they were much more than that a couple of years ago, went down in price last year

Jun 20, 2013
With all the transfers from last year will anyone be going to home games this year? Many season tickets holders did not renew this year is my understanding and seat upgrades will be in several weeks. With such poor attendance my guess is people are just buying cheap tickets for specific games and moving down to empty lower seats. I pay close to $3000 bucks for two seats and it is really disturbing to me that people buy cheap seats and move down. The lower level was opened up for students last year but was only half full for most games. We have had beer at games but the attendance continues to be poor.

What is the answer to get OSU BB back to the Sutton era with sold out games? Is it ticket prices, coaching, new transfer rule, or does OSU only care about football?
Lubbock has told you all you need to know. Every Tech fan cares 0% about basketball prior to Beard, winning turned it into the shining bright spot in their lives for 5+ years. Winning cures all ills.

Dec 21, 2008
The atmosphere sucks. 2007 IPod music. Boring timeout games. Mentioned this for years. Create incentives to get the Greeks there like HoCo and Hoops and it should be a party like every other big 12 venue. Even baseball created RF parties. Make it fun and worth the kids time to walk a mile from Greek Row to GIA. Give them tshirts or have check in points where the winning paired Houses get like $2500 for their charity or something. Feels like some 90yo are running the entertainment at many of our sports. Invest in a crowd-pumping energetic plan to keep peoples attention. Yes winning is a huge part but we go to some rowdy arenas when other teams aren’t elite. Make it FUNNNNN

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
The atmosphere sucks. 2007 IPod music. Boring timeout games. Mentioned this for years. Create incentives to get the Greeks there like HoCo and Hoops and it should be a party like every other big 12 venue. Even baseball created RF parties. Make it fun and worth the kids time to walk a mile from Greek Row to GIA. Give them tshirts or have check in points where the winning paired Houses get like $2500 for their charity or something. Feels like some 90yo are running the entertainment at many of our sports. Invest in a crowd-pumping energetic plan to keep peoples attention. Yes winning is a huge part but we go to some rowdy arenas when other teams aren’t elite. Make it FUNNNNN
I've been trying to get this point across for a few awhile now. The whole thing needs to be an show, musical chairs and pizza parachute are about all we do...LAME!!

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Trust me on this.
Start winning games and you will NOT need any flashy stuff to get folks back into the seats.
It’s simple.
Start by winning the ones where you do a big push to get people there…..don’t lay an egg. Seems to be an Achilles lately. People come out and make the effort, team wouldn’t respond and it became a lost opportunity.

Sep 23, 2010
Start by winning the ones where you do a big push to get people there…..don’t lay an egg. Seems to be an Achilles lately. People come out and make the effort, team wouldn’t respond and it became a lost opportunity.
No doubt. Last season's nonconference home performances were brutal besides the Charleston game. Pretty much shut down any momentum we had from the season before. You beat Oakland, Xavier and Wichita State at home, and the conference season would have had a lot more energy given to it.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Trust me on this.
Start winning games and you will NOT need any flashy stuff to get folks back into the seats.
It’s simple.
This is true...HOWEVER when we are struggling it would be nice to have something distracting happening, and when we are charging something to keep the fan momentum going. It all works hand in hand if you know how to pull it off.

Jun 20, 2013
TCU is one of the best at in game entertainment, and they can't get more than 25% attendance to any sport.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Sounds like a nice marketing effort, but the fact still remains there are no amount of gimmicks you can think up that will convince a college student to walk or adult to drive to see a college athletic activity when there is no substantial winning involved. Most of the time Gallagher Hall was packed to to see wrestling and basketball without the need for that kind of thing

Dec 21, 2008
As a 30-ish year-old with a family I do not want to spend $100 on a weeknight just for a win. 20 years ago that may be fine but to drive from Oklahoma City or Tulsa I want a little more for my dollar. I’m not saying corny games etc. I’m talking like a fun DJ or laser show or the photo cinematic historical video they displayed on the court for homecoming and hoops. They should do that every single game. It’s not just winning and losing, the environment needs improved significantly. The game of basketball has changed, recruiting has changed, expectations have changed, and the attention span has changed for many Americans.

Sep 23, 2010
I do put winning, and playing with the right spirit as the premium to getting people back in GIA.

There are some good points about the gameday atmosphere. Many of the same songs/gimmicks are used that were used when I was a student there 20 years ago.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Trust me on this.
It’s simple.
So what’s the plan then for us fans. Sit around and wait? Piss and Moan? Complain? Demand a coaching change?

We as fans can’t:
Recruit players
Develop players
Retain players
Make coaching decisions

Be the change you want to see in this world.

You want GIA back, make it happen!

Show up and get rowdy, help will a team to win. Winning is contagious. Fake it till you make it, manufacture enthusiasm.

Everyone has a part in this.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
So what’s the plan then for us fans. Sit around and wait? Piss and Moan? Complain? Demand a coaching change?

We as fans can’t:
Recruit players
Develop players
Retain players
Make coaching decisions

Be the change you want to see in this world.

You want GIA back, make it happen!

Show up and get rowdy, help will a team to win. Winning is contagious. Fake it till you make it, manufacture enthusiasm.

Everyone has a part in this.
I sure appreciate the enthusiasm, and could use an extra booster if you have any left. However, unless I’m misreading your intent I don’t agree. Most times it takes precisely what you outlined above in the first paragraph, which in summary is another way of saying make your voice heard. And one way of doing that is not showing up for events because you don’t want to spend that kind of money relative to the product you receive. It’s sad when it reaches that point, but most often it’s the most effective tool. Showing up, faking it, and manufacturing enthusiasm is not an automatic solution for high prices and quality of performance.