Basketball: Rosters are getting a bit more clear Big 12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Avery Anderson is a great college basketball player now who has NBA athleticism. However, because he lacks size
AA has obviously been working on getting bigger this off season. If you don't follow him on social media I think you would be surprised either way based on what I saw last year I'm taking AA and maybe Rondell over BT. BT is/was skinny as heck too. I hope I'm wrong though b/c if BT surprises me and averages 20 a game is clearly the most talented guy on the team, we will have one heck of a guard rotation.

Another big would be great!!

Oct 29, 2016
US
Yeah, I've seen that one. But others on this board act like there's some heat out there like we are the place he's leaning towards and I haven't been able to find that info.
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock into people guessing, because that's all it is. I hope he ends up in Stillwater, simply because OSU and Boynton need all the help they can get. I fear that this season is going to be a major letdown. Having said that, I am not one to be pessimistic. I hope we finish in the top 5 of the conference, but let's be honest here. The single pillar of success of last year will be a multi-millionaire very soon. And he is the sole reason his supporting cast was able to flourish last year, because of the defensive game plan of opposing coaches who tried to stop Cade from becoming an NBA player, which obviously didn't work. Anderson was the prime beneficiary. Without Cade last season, Anderson wouldn't have flourished like he did.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock into people guessing, because that's all it is. I hope he ends up in Stillwater, simply because OSU and Boynton need all the help they can get. I fear that this season is going to be a major letdown. Having said that, I am not one to be pessimistic. I hope we finish in the top 5 of the conference, but let's be honest here. The single pillar of success of last year will be a multi-millionaire very soon. And he is the sole reason his supporting cast was able to flourish last year, because of the defensive game plan of opposing coaches who tried to stop Cade from becoming an NBA player, which obviously didn't work. Anderson was the prime beneficiary. Without Cade last season, Anderson wouldn't have flourished like he did.
I don't want to start an argument but I'm a NO on most of this. AA scored 30 and we beat the eventual NC w/o Cade. We will be good next year. League champs...NO, but top 5 in the league and a NCAA bid, I think would be a pretty easy bet.

Aug 28, 2009
I believe a lot of the heat started with this

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/1411063462646669318?s=21

Nov 6, 2010
Don't forget, AA's best game came with Cade on the bench.

Sep 23, 2010
I think we are top 5 team in the league. We return a great deal of scoring and experience. The game will flow more without Cade instead of him pounding it as well. It's not always easy to play that way. Cade was awesome and met expectations, but he wasn't our only player. The other players started getting much better as the year went on. You're forgetting how ineffective Ice was after the foot injury. He will be better as well.

We will be better at every spot besides Cade's for next year up and down the roster. And we replaced Cade with another 5-star talent in Bryce Thompson. I am hoping to be in the mix for a league title, but I don't think we'll be quite consistent enough for that to happen. I do think we are top 3-4. Kansas, Texas, Baylor will all be very good. We sit there next IMO.

Nov 6, 2010
I think we are top 5 team in the league. We return a great deal of scoring and experience. The game will flow more without Cade instead of him pounding it as well. It's not always easy to play that way. Cade was awesome and met expectations, but he wasn't our only player. The other players started getting much better as the year went on. You're forgetting how ineffective Ice was after the foot injury. He will be better as well.

We will be better at every spot besides Cade's for next year up and down the roster. And we replaced Cade with another 5-star talent in Bryce Thompson. I am hoping to be in the mix for a league title, but I don't think we'll be quite consistent enough for that to happen. I do think we are top 3-4. Kansas, Texas, Baylor will all be very good. We sit there next IMO.
Doesn't Baylor lose all those good guards? I thought they were pretty senior heavy.

Sep 23, 2010
Doesn't Baylor lose all those good guards? I thought they were pretty senior heavy.
They lost 3 really good guards and a forward who was tough as heck, but they return a solid core that includes Flager (3pt shooting guard) and Matt Mayer who I think is a pro. Also, they got an Arizona transfer that scored 15ppg and some really good incoming freshmen. I think the momentum and confidence their program gives them an edge in the league now.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
By now everyone know we got the 7ft guy from Memphis. Never seen him play a second of basketball but if he is as good as advertised we should have ALL we need to compete at the highest levels of the league. going to be a good year!!

Sep 23, 2010
By now everyone know we got the 7ft guy from Memphis. Never seen him play a second of basketball but if he is as good as advertised we should have ALL we need to compete at the highest levels of the league. going to be a good year!!
I think the league is going to be a lot fun as well. Lots of teams getting better through the portal.

Sep 23, 2010
Also, Marcus Carr to UT is gaining steam.

A 4th place finish in this conference would be a hell of an achievement.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
This is now a done deal. What an incredible job Beard did in the portal. Holy cow. Wonder if this will be his path in recruiting going forward or he goes for the McAA as well?

My updated rankings with new information

1)Kansas
2) Texas
3) Baylor
4) Oklahoma State
5) West Virginia
6) Texas Tech
7) TCU
8) Oklahoma
9) Kansas State
10) Iowa State

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Also, Marcus Carr to UT is gaining steam.

A 4th place finish in this conference would be a hell of an achievement.

This is now a done deal. What an incredible job Beard did in the portal. Holy cow. Wonder if this will be his path in recruiting going forward or he goes for the McAA as well?

My updated rankings with new information

1)Kansas
2) Texas
3) Baylor
4) Oklahoma State
5) West Virginia
6) Texas Tech
7) TCU
8) Oklahoma
9) Kansas State
10) Iowa State
With Obanor at Tech, I think I might have them at 4th. I'm not sold on WVU.

I think I'd go:

4) Tech
5) OSU
6) WVU

I agree with everything else.

Sep 23, 2010

I think I'd go:

4) Tech
5) OSU
6) WVU

Tech's guard plays is questionable to me. Who do you like that they have in the backcourt? They lost their two best guards from last year and their guard play was just ok. Maybe I am missing something real legit.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

I think I'd go:

4) Tech
5) OSU
6) WVU

Tech's guard plays is questionable to me. Who do you like that they have in the backcourt? They lost their two best guards from last year and their guard play was just ok. Maybe I am missing something real legit.
Their guard rotation is questionable but I think they have some interesting options.

McCullar played PG in high school and I could see him taking over that role. With him as the lead guard, Tech could throw out a very long, athletic, and switchy defensive group.

I don't think that's their ideal scenario, but I think that's most likely.

If that doesn't happen, I expect Mylik Wilson to start at PG. He's a player that I think has a high ceiling and showed some nice flashes at Louisiana. I don't expect him start, though. At least not early on.

I think they still have an opening so they might be able to find another guard as well.