Basketball Off-season Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Assumption: That Boynton knew what Evans was doing on his personal time.

Correlation doesn't equate to causation. So if I work with an ax murderer I should have known he was an ax murderer and should be held accountable for his actions too? Evans and Boyntons were friends but that doesn't mean that Boynton knew what Evans was doing. To state that as fact without any actual facts to back up your claim makes it so clear that you have an axe to grind with Boynton. Maybe Boynton did know but nothing I have seen of the man that he has been here would suggest that he would have tolerated Evans actions if he had know. You may not like Boynton for a million other reasons but this is a ridiculous reason to.
I like Boynton. But I'm not stupid. He knew Evans was a little shady. I know which one of my friends are a little shady and which ones aren't. So do you. He obviously doesn't know to what extent and that was probably by Boynton's design. I can say that as well about some of my friends. During a season, these guys spend more time with each other than they do with their own families. I'm not telling you Boynton is guilty of any wrongdoing himself. He's just guilty of keeping Evans, and Evans ended up hurting our program.

Jun 20, 2013
Fresh of NCAA probation from the acts of an assistant that he promoted upon getting the HC job. Lol.
That's such a tired, weak argument. To say that every power 5 program in basketball and football don't have questionable people employed is naïve. Pastors get caught daily doing unscrupulous things, and the people that knew them best are always shocked, and never saw it coming. To say that Boynton should have known Evans took $350 one time is a ridiculous take.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Assumption: That Boynton knew what Evans was doing on his personal time.

Correlation doesn't equate to causation. So if I work with an ax murderer I should have known he was an ax murderer and should be held accountable for his actions too? Evans and Boyntons were friends but that doesn't mean that Boynton knew what Evans was doing. To state that as fact without any actual facts to back up your claim makes it so clear that you have an axe to grind with Boynton. Maybe Boynton did know but nothing I have seen of the man that he has been here would suggest that he would have tolerated Evans actions if he had know. You may not like Boynton for a million other reasons but this is a ridiculous reason to.
Your being awfully naive if you don’t think Boynton had some inclination of what’s was going on. I’m not really sure that Boynton knew what Evans was doing was a violation. These coaches spend more time with each other than they do with their families.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
That's such a tired, weak argument. To say that every power 5 program in basketball and football don't have questionable people employed is naïve. Pastors get caught daily doing unscrupulous things, and the people that knew them best are always shocked, and never saw it coming. To say that Boynton should have known Evans took $350 one time is a ridiculous take.
This wasn’t just about the $ 350.00 to Jeffery Carrol. The 350 is what OSU uncovered and self reported.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
Move him to more of a Marshall Moses role?
Yes, if he can develop any back to the basket game. Short corner and elbow against zones, elbow and block against man.

We tried to make him a Giannis type, but he just does not have the body control. He needs to focus on clean up tip ins and a spot up mid range game. Can have a tremendously impactful career if he can do that.

Dec 9, 2013
Yes, if he can develop any back to the basket game. Short corner and elbow against zones, elbow and block against man.

We tried to make him a Giannis type, but he just does not have the body control. He needs to focus on clean up tip ins and a spot up mid range game. Can have a tremendously impactful career if he can do that.
I get you can’t redshirt players in today’s D1 basketball, but if ever a kid needed it. Hours in the gym (and I mean hours) reconstructing his shot and ball handling could have turned him into a special player. He is athletic enough to develop just the type of game you mentioned, short corner and elbow. Other than a screen or handoff he should never handle the ball beyond the 3 pt line.

Sep 23, 2010
I'm laughing at the irony of it all. You guys are all so sensitive. Evans took more than $350.00. Jeff Carroll took $350 is my understanding.

I like Boynton. I love OSU hoops. But this is Power 5 basketball folks. If you think all these guys are clean cut to the core and don't do uncomfortable things to win.....well, God Bless you all.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm laughing at the irony of it all. You guys are all so sensitive. Evans took more than $350.00. Jeff Carroll took $350 is my understanding.

I like Boynton. I love OSU hoops. But this is Power 5 basketball folks. If you think all these guys are clean cut to the core and don't do uncomfortable things to win.....well, God Bless you all.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As Col. Nathan Jessup said "you need me on that wall!"

Nov 6, 2010

That would be a heck of a lot of development. Moses was extremely skilled offensively.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Your being awfully naive if you don’t think Boynton had some inclination of what’s was going on. I’m not really sure that Boynton knew what Evans was doing was a violation. These coaches spend more time with each other than they do with their families.
Maybe he did maybe he didn’t. None of us know. I’m not the one trying to pass off my opinion as fact.

Sep 23, 2010
Maybe he did maybe he didn’t. None of us know. I’m not the one trying to pass off my opinion as fact.
No one's trying to put off their opinions as fact on here. Sensitive people make that jump in their own mind. Like I said earlier in the post, he's guilty of hiring Evans and nothing else. But people can use facts to support their opinion which is what I did.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Makes sense to me. Keylan needs a place where he won’t be yanked off the court as fast. He needs a place where he can make more mistakes and play through them. At this point, we’re too deep and the competition to let Keylan play into that, and if we do get that time, we need to use it on younger players.

Good luck to him though. I think he’ll be a good piece on another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
He had been with Lamont. Knew him from South Carolina connections. Knew him from his one year together at OSU as assistants together. He knew what he was about. Everyone did. Maybe Holder made him keep him and promote him? But to say Boynton was completely ignorant to Lamont's working in gray areas would not be accurate. Did not know an FBI informant was about to sell him out, but Boynton knew Lamont well.
https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports...cle_9684c26a-89d7-5d37-ae78-4ca34536b10c.html