Basketball Off-season Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
We just landed Justin Mcbride! Coach Boynton has definitely changed his recruiting and instead of just getting a roster full of athletes, he’s adding shooters and basketball players. Great get, 4 commits now I believe and ranked the #11 class nationally.

https://twitter.com/247hshoops/status/1572708693074116608?s=46&t=Jb06pueFOeQlHP6_MSjkjQ

Just saw this, man this class is really starting to shape up well!! Let's see if we can add a couple of those other 4 star recruits we are in on too

Jan 5, 2011
Seems like Boynton is still in on a bunch of talented Forwards.

What is the guard rotation gonna look like in 2023?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Guards that would possibly be on campus going into the 2023 season
Bryce Thompson - Would be a senior in 2023, might test his draft stock/ professional options

Avery Anderson- it would be his Covid year if he came back but he has said 2022-2023 season would be his last in Stillwater, I think he’s gone

Chris Harris- 2023 would be his 5th year on campus, he definitely would have the eligibility with Covid and medical redshirt, but with his injuries we don’t know if he can play at this level yet.

Jamyron Keller- would be his freshman year

Connor Dow- 6’5 sg, would be his freshman year

Quion Harris- would be his sophomore year. Looks more like a small forward than a ball handling guard.

We definitely need to go after more guard depth for 2023, especially if B Thompson and Avery leave. With having a younger team for 2023 I could see Boynton adding a few experienced upper classmen in the portal

Mar 11, 2006
Guards that would possibly be on campus going into the 2023 season
Bryce Thompson - Would be a senior in 2023, might test his draft stock/ professional options

Avery Anderson- it would be his Covid year if he came back but he has said 2022-2023 season would be his last in Stillwater, I think he’s gone

Chris Harris- 2023 would be his 5th year on campus, he definitely would have the eligibility with Covid and medical redshirt, but with his injuries we don’t know if he can play at this level yet.

Jamyron Keller- would be his freshman year

Connor Dow- 6’5 sg, would be his freshman year

Quion Harris- would be his sophomore year. Looks more like a small forward than a ball handling guard.

We definitely need to go after more guard depth for 2023, especially if B Thompson and Avery leave. With having a younger team for 2023 I could see Boynton adding a few experienced upper classmen in the portal
I don’t know the story about why Parker Friedricson decommitted. And it doesn’t appear we are in his plans. He would have been a nice get.
Not being negative on Dow, but Parker is in another league with shooting and range.

Sep 23, 2010
My guess is they weren't that impressed with the quality of available players they could get, and with an experienced core that we'll probably lose most of, chose to focus on 2023 kids and were fine with this happening to get one more of those scholly limits out of the way this year.
We are very thin with depth at the 4/3 spot. This was a big error.

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
Jan 5, 2011
Looks like we will see Cisse and Kalib on the court together at times. Quotes from Boynton talking with the media:

On how versatile the starting lineup can be

“Yeah. We’ll have the ability, I believe, from what I’ve seen so far, to play different styles. And I haven’t made a secret about it. You guys will see us, maybe some of you guys will stick around and see the pre-practice, we worked a lot with Kalib (Boone) and Moussa (Cisse) and some combination of the three bigs we have — Kalib, Moussa and Tyreek (Smith) — playing together. One of the reasons is they’ve learned how to play together. The other is kind of out of necessity. We’re not as long on the perimeter as we have been in the past. We’re a little bit shorter. You talk about John-Michael Wright, versus Isaac Likekele, right? Not the wingspan. He’s really tough, athletic, but he’s 6-foot, you know, and so we’ll have to look a little bit different in terms of being able to still be competitive on the glass.

“The other thing from a positive standpoint, it gives us the two best shot blockers in the Big 12 on the court at the same time. So a team that was already pretty stout defensively can be, you know, maybe go from four in the country to a little higher. But I also think that this team shoots it better and our early returns on that are very favorable for us.”

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-r...MsNTpjzRKdni7_Yn7K2-oHYkuYUrksYlxou9j8G5Jq0vo