Basketball Off-season Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Teams that are out recruiting Mike Boynton right now...

Kansas State
Iowa State
Kansas
Baylor
Texas Tech

Edit: Texas and WVU have no commits yet.
So you name 3 teams coming off a Finals appearance the past 5 years and 2 of them won a title. I would hope they out recruit us coming off a Natty. ISU is a top 20 arena usually with a great coach recruiting well. KState probably promising the 25ppg sales pitch. I mean 6th is about average with only one commit

Sep 23, 2010
Pretty early in the recruiting calendar to judge. But I'm not going to be ok if Iowa State, Tech and K State are consistently out recruiting us....especially since that's supposed to be MB strongest attribute.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Quite frankly, it's difficult to feel optimism regarding the basketball recruiting situation. Boynton has received an F- on most of his classes that doesn't include Cunningham, especially the previous two. And now looking like three, although time will tell. Boynton, and entire transfer situation, look.. I'm no longer a supporter of Boynton. I know there's going to be people angrily hitting the negative emoji button, but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the entire basketball situation.

Having said that, I TRULY hope that Boynton changes my opinion via success at the conclusion of the upcoming season. I honestly hope that will be the case. Sadly, I think there's going to be a ton more people like me, after we once again face the realization of another losing season.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Quite frankly, it's difficult to feel optimism regarding the basketball recruiting situation. Boynton has received an F- on most of his classes that doesn't include Cunningham, especially the previous two. And now looking like three, although time will tell. Boynton, and entire transfer situation, look.. I'm no longer a supporter of Boynton. I know there's going to be people angrily hitting the negative emoji button, but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the entire basketball situation.

Having said that, I TRULY hope that Boynton changes my opinion via success at the conclusion of the upcoming season. I honestly hope that will be the case. Sadly, I think there's going to be a ton more people like me, after we once again face the realization of another losing season.
Good job 82. A little bit of positive thinking didn’t hurt you did it?

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

Good job 82. A little bit of positive thinking didn’t hurt you did it?
Blatant troll

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010

I think Cisse and Thompson were solid gets in the previous class. Kalib and AA pretty solid gets as well in the class previous to Cunningham. The Cunningham class is disappointing with MAM and Walker not making the frosh to soph jump and then leaving. Bryce Williams helped us out of that class.

Every class will have good and bads, especially with portal now.

Mar 27, 2008
Pretty early in the recruiting calendar to judge. But I'm not going to be ok if Iowa State, Tech and K State are consistently out recruiting us....especially since that's supposed to be MB strongest attribute.
This is me also. It is early and I may have been just trying to stir the pot a little. But a little concerning with K-State and Iowa State recruiting so well. We have a solid foundation in the class with Brandon Garrison.

I think our expectations for this season should be extremely high with the talent and upperclassman we have.

Dec 21, 2008
Hard to recruit studs when you have an 8 deep already. Now when Cisse leaves and if Bryce makes the jump then spots open for that next class.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Hard to recruit studs when you have an 8 deep already. Now when Cisse leaves and if Bryce makes the jump then spots open for that next class.
THIS^^^ when you have a team full of solid guys with experience its harder to convince 18 year olds they would get meaningful playing time right away. Especially when you're competing against schools who lost a lot last year. I give HCMB a pass this year on recruiting but next year I think we should expect some 'studs' coming in.

Jan 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/thacoachmike/status/1558815955870007302?s=21&t=akOmseVpOG1AievcoenISg

https://twitter.com/codynagel247/status/1558818418878550016?s=21&t=akOmseVpOG1AievcoenISg

Dec 21, 2008
Question…
OSU Basketball Twitter put out a Pokes in the NBA for our history. Buncha names ivr never heard of from the 40-60s then you have your Big Country, Desmond Mason, Tony Allen, Marcus Smart, John Starks and a few others. One thing I noticed was 2005 had 4 guys go pro. That was right after the 2004 Final Four. So if you look at our last 40yrs have we ever really been a “basketball school” or been above avg as a program? Or were we just blessed that Eddie got Tony Allen, John Lucas and the Graham twins and McFarlin off transfers and they turned into pro players? Looking at the last 40 yrs besides 2 final four runs imo it doesn’t feel like OSU basketball has been much, which hurts me to type this, just curious….?