Basketball Off-season Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 1, 2006
USA
Heck yeah! Moussa is the most athletic big man I’ve ever seen at OSU and it’s not close.

This will be the most important and potentially most interesting offseason in Mike Boynton’s career. I expect a lot of movement and news coming our way over the next couple of months.

Jan 5, 2011
Given that he said the first domino is in place I think he is only talking about that first big domino which is Moussa.
ya, your probably right. I just figured Boynton would have tweeted a teaser before Cisse announced, not after. It’s a promising sign, nonetheless.

Dec 17, 2011
This isn't supposed to be a negative post but more so on how hard I feel for Mike Boynton. We have to get excited for players staying. First year as head coach after underwood left we didn't know what to expect. Then comes the allegations part 1 on players saying they are still committed and players saying they are returning. Then now this because of the allegations part 2. I feel for coach Mike in his time here. I hope he can have a real season and a real opportunity without the ncaa down his throat.

Aug 19, 2006
We have to free up some roster spots if we're going significantly improve the team and Cisse next year. So who else do we think will transfer out?

MAM never seemed to carve out a role. Seems likely he could move on.

Seemed like there was something going on with the Boone twins all season. PT was very inconsistent. Wouldn't be surprised if they decide to look for a fresh start elsewhere.

Hopefully Walker and Thompson stick around. With some better outside shooting and Cisse in the middle the floor could open up a little more for them.

Would be great to have AA return but not getting my hopes up. Seems like he's eager to start playing for a paycheck somewhere.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This isn't supposed to be a negative post but more so on how hard I feel for Mike Boynton. We have to get excited for players staying. First year as head coach after underwood left we didn't know what to expect. Then comes the allegations part 1 on players saying they are still committed and players saying they are returning. Then now this because of the allegations part 2. I feel for coach Mike in his time here. I hope he can have a real season and a real opportunity without the ncaa down his throat.
Unfortunately, in the era of nil and the portal, being excited over a player staying will be commonplace. I've seen announcements from several other teams across the country about players staying. It's now a thing.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2006
Unfortunately, in the era of nil and the portal, being excited over a player staying will be commonplace. I've seen announcements from several other teams across the country about players staying. It's now a thing.

Good point. Roster continuity no longer a given. Coaches will constantly have to re-recruit the players they want to keep around. I don't like it but it's the world we live in now.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I think Cisse could genuinely be the best big in CBB next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im going to disagree. Not based on fact or player comps, But ONLY because we can’t have nice things.
I’d disagree because he’s not even close to the best this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 9, 2013
We have to free up some roster spots if we're going significantly improve the team and Cisse next year. So who else do we think will transfer out?

MAM never seemed to carve out a role. Seems likely he could move on.

Seemed like there was something going on with the Boone twins all season. PT was very inconsistent. Wouldn't be surprised if they decide to look for a fresh start elsewhere.

Hopefully Walker and Thompson stick around. With some better outside shooting and Cisse in the middle the floor could open up a little more for them.

Would be great to have AA return but not getting my hopes up. Seems like he's eager to start playing for a paycheck somewhere.
This is a great retention by Boynton. I was pessimistic Cisse would stay.I wasn’t sold on Cisse early but he came on. Even his shooting improved where he took a couple of 15-17 foot jumpers and it looked ok. He knocks those down and we really have something.

Thompson would have to sit if he transferred elsewhere and I’m not sure he’s ready for the next step. I like how he progressed especially on defense. Plus he seems to really like it here.

Man I really hope Walker stays. I love how that kid plays. Consistent minutes, a defined role and lots of late night buckets working on his shot will improve his confidence.

Smith will be back and if we can get AA that would be a solid 5.

We need a PG in the worst way.

Dec 17, 2011

That's a good point. I haven't looked at other colleges too