Baseball Ticket Question

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 25, 2009
I was thinking about taking my 5 year old up to see OSU play Tech either May 13 or 14.

it appears only tickets I can see are General Admission. Would that be realistic for a kid? Are they actual seats once we get there?

I’ve been watching on ESPN+ and it doesn’t look sold out. Am I missing tickets?

Thanks for any help.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I was thinking about taking my 5 year old up to see OSU play Tech either May 13 or 14.

it appears only tickets I can see are General Admission. Would that be realistic for a kid? Are they actual seats once we get there?

I’ve been watching on ESPN+ and it doesn’t look sold out. Am I missing tickets?

Thanks for any help.
There is bleacher seating in right field that you can sit in. Kind of far off, but its a place you can sit.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I have season tickets. Live in Stillwater and been to every game.

As long as you can buy standing room only tickets at the stadium or online, there will be seats available.

I think it happens around the end of the 3rd inning. They announce to the crowd that if you have standing only tickets, you can move to a seat that is open. Now "IF" you sit in a seat that later has the owner of that seat show up, then move to another seat.

Every game I have been to always has LOTS of open seats. Don't know why the owners never show up.

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have season tickets. Live in Stillwater and been to every game.

As long as you can buy standing room only tickets at the stadium or online, there will be seats available.

I think it happens around the end of the 3rd inning. They announce to the crowd that if you have standing only tickets, you can move to a seat that is open. Now "IF" you sit in a seat that later has the owner of that seat show up, then move to another seat.

Every game I have been to always has LOTS of open seats. Don't know why the owners never show up.
This isn't always true actually, so don't fully count on it... Apparently some OU fans took advantage of this during the Friday night Bedlam and created some issues involving profanities, etc. being exchanged with OSU fans. They were removed from the section I heard. I didn't witness it but as I heard, they went & sat in prime seats behind the plate following the announcement to SRO folks that they could fill the gaps. As a result, for the Saturday & Sunday matchups they did not ever make the announcement for all SRO folks. The SRO folks congregated at the top of all the sections but did not ever get to descend into open seats the whole game.

In addition, the usher guy at the top of the section who told me that story said that they aren't supposed to allow the other team fans to descend into the open seats. I told him that they need to modify their message then to state "OSU fans may fill open seats". That way any OU fan or otherwise obnoxious other team fans can be removed with legit argument from those sections. Obviously, they can don the other colors to get down if they wanted to skirt the usher but they'll get caught once they are seated and start rooting for the enemy. I know I'd never put on a Sooner shirt for any seat.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
This isn't always true actually, so don't fully count on it... Apparently some OU fans took advantage of this during the Friday night Bedlam and created some issues involving profanities, etc. being exchanged with OSU fans. They were removed from the section I heard. I didn't witness it but as I heard, they went & sat in prime seats behind the plate following the announcement to SRO folks that they could fill the gaps. As a result, for the Saturday & Sunday matchups they did not ever make the announcement for all SRO folks. The SRO folks congregated at the top of all the sections but did not ever get to descend into open seats the whole game.

In addition, the usher guy at the top of the section who told me that story said that they aren't supposed to allow the other team fans to descend into the open seats. I told him that they need to modify their message then to state "OSU fans may fill open seats". That way any OU fan or otherwise obnoxious other team fans can be removed with legit argument from those sections. Obviously, they can don the other colors to get down if they wanted to skirt the usher but they'll get caught once they are seated and start rooting for the enemy. I know I'd never put on a Sooner shirt for any seat.

Many of the OU fans came to stadium buying SRO wanting to sit in seats after Third inning. However, the problem was there were not enough seats opened. Seats were open but the ticket holder would be in line at concessions buying food standing in long lines. People would become irate when I told them the seats next to me were taken acting like I was lying. Some refused to get out of seats requiring usher to tell them they needed to move.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
Many of the OU fans came to stadium buying SRO wanting to sit in seats after Third inning. However, the problem was there were not enough seats opened. Seats were open but the ticket holder would be in line at concessions buying food standing in long lines. People would become irate when I told them the seats next to me were taken acting like I was lying. Some refused to get out of seats requiring usher to tell them they needed to move.

Yeah, this is a bad situation. This needs to be handled very differently next season.

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK

We've had this problem just once & so have our neighbors. We at times have an unused ticket or two (of our 6) and I see it as social distance we paid for between us and the unvaxxed guy next to us as we are an immune compromised household and are taking precautions when reasonable to do so. Easy fix though... people need to just leave a jacket or something in their seat as we do. We bring seat cushions and make sure to hold our seats. An empty cup or beer can does not suffice. We have nearby neighbors who are constantly up & down throughout the game, a lot of beer runs & visits with friends I suppose. They leave nothing to hold their place. And, they have on a multitude of occasions had to boot people from their seats. I keep thinking they'll wise up and learn how not to have to do that. Each time they do it too, they spend the next several minutes complaining and rolling their eyes about the situation. The people they boot also get irritated, thinking these people just finally showed up in 7th inning.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

We've had this problem just once & so have our neighbors. We at times have an unused ticket or two (of our 6) and I see it as social distance we paid for between us and the unvaxxed guy next to us as we are an immune compromised household and are taking precautions when reasonable to do so. Easy fix though... people need to just leave a jacket or something in their seat as we do. We bring seat cushions and make sure to hold our seats. An empty cup or beer can does not suffice. We have nearby neighbors who are constantly up & down throughout the game, a lot of beer runs & visits with friends I suppose. They leave nothing to hold their place. And, they have on a multitude of occasions had to boot people from their seats. I keep thinking they'll wise up and learn how not to have to do that. Each time they do it too, they spend the next several minutes complaining and rolling their eyes about the situation. The people they boot also get irritated, thinking these people just finally showed up in 7th inning.

The announcement does say that if the seat holder does show you must give up the seat.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

tony6777

Anthony
A/V Subscriber
Aug 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It does say that. I don't mind it. I much prefer the seats to get filled in. It looks much better on TV. It creates a more exciting & loud experience. It's a good way to handle it. In fact, I wished they'd do the same for basketball games, allow people to move down at halftime.