Baseball selection show

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
If we would have won the Grand Canyon tie, not lost to Kansas, not lost the series to a crappy Ou team and played that last game against UNO and pounded them that everyone said was not an important game, we would be hosting a regional.
Or if they would have waited a couple more weeks we'd have had a chance

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
KSU's RPI was around 70 and they finished 10-14 in league play, I don't feel too sorry for them. I think Baylor was more deserving, but had they not gone 0-2 in OKC they'd probably have got in.

Jul 23, 2004
Tulsa, OK
So, we are #14 in RPI (and according to the Chairman in talking about Alabama, strength of schedule is the most critical factor). Yet here are some of the teams that the selection committee seeded ahead of us:
North Carolina State
UC Irvine
UCLA
Southern Mississippi
Charlotte
Miami
UConn
Virginia Commonwealth
Oregon State
Gonzaga

I guess that beating the #2 National Seed this weekend did nothing for us. (Or maybe if we hadn't, we would not even be in.)

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Whether any of us disagree or not, the NCAA has been very clear that they don't seed the tournament 17-32. They seed the top 16 teams in order and then treat all 2-seeds as similarly. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but it is what the NCAA has consistently said the process for the baseball tournament is. So we are not the #28 seed or whatever it would indicate by us going to Tucson. 17-32 are basically looked at as equals by the committee and they are more concerned with "balancing" the regionals and avoiding intra conference matchups, etc.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
So, we are #14 in RPI (and according to the Chairman in talking about Alabama, strength of schedule is the most critical factor). Yet here are some of the teams that the selection committee seeded ahead of us:
North Carolina State
UC Irvine
UCLA
Southern Mississippi
Charlotte
Miami
UConn
Virginia Commonwealth
Oregon State
Gonzaga

I guess that beating the #2 National Seed this weekend did nothing for us. (Or maybe if we hadn't, we would not even be in.)
I don’t think a lot of those teams are necessarily seeded “higher” than us, a lot of it (there are exceptions) is seeding geographically it seems?