Baseball at Kansas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Friday and Saturday were really encouraging, great ABs up and down the lineup and a more disciplined approach. Today unfortunately was this season in a nutshell. Terrible job with runners at 3rd and less than 2 outs. Too many K's in big situations. Osmond might be the most overrated pitcher we've had in awhile. Then with the game on the line, someone out of the bullpen (Davis tonight) can't throw strikes. Games like Friday and Saturday show the potential this team had. Games like this are why this is an average team. Should be better.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
They better come to play Tuesday. Then have to sweep Baylor which is unlikely to finish above 500 in league play. Go 1-2 next weekend then we might really miss the ncaa tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh:

"It came down to two out hitting, they got a bunch of them, and we didn't get very many, and they took one from us"

On Osmond giving up runs in bunches
"He's got to figure that out, get past that. We're making adjustments. Sometimes they kick in immediately, sometimes they take time."

"We'll build on it and get better."

"You can't think that what you did the day before is going to carry over with you. We need to be more accountable to do our job."

Went on to talk about the 10 guys that got degrees this weekend.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Friday and Saturday were really encouraging, great ABs up and down the lineup and a more disciplined approach. Today unfortunately was this season in a nutshell. Terrible job with runners at 3rd and less than 2 outs. Too many K's in big situations. Osmond might be the most overrated pitcher we've had in awhile. Then with the game on the line, someone out of the bullpen (Davis tonight) can't throw strikes. Games like Friday and Saturday show the potential this team had. Games like this are why this is an average team. Should be better.
And this coaching staff top to bottom are NOT doing their jobs. You’re supposed to make your team better and our coaches aren’t.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Josh:

"It came down to two out hitting, they got a bunch of them, and we didn't get very many, and they took one from us"

On Osmond giving up runs in bunches
"He's got to figure that out, get past that. We're making adjustments. Sometimes they kick in immediately, sometimes they take time."

"We'll build on it and get better."

"You can't think that what you did the day before is going to carry over with you. We need to be more accountable to do our job."

Went on to talk about the 10 guys that got degrees this weekend.
How bout maybe his “wizardly” pitching coach recognize a trend and get him out before he gives up those “runs in bunches”. Same crap that’s been going on for several years, just new pitchers.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
And that is how you hand the worst team in the league a win. A D1 pitcher should be able to throw a strike there, at least make them earn it. That was laughable.

It happens when you blow up two starters, your closer and have not developed any other pitchers in the bullpen.
I get the pitching staff has been downgraded with the injuries. However a D1 pitcher should be able to throw strikes to keep from walking in the winning run, especially against a bad team. You have to make them put the ball in play, who knows what happens at that point.

Apr 7, 2006
You forgot to mention where Josh said how personally the KU batters ought to take it that he was intentionally loading the bases to get the force out and how he was terrified to face those freshmen again... </sarcasm>

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
How bout maybe his “wizardly” pitching coach recognize a trend and get him out before he gives up those “runs in bunches”. Same crap that’s been going on for several years, new pitchers.
I don’t disagree with you 77 but we talk about how crappy the bullpen is so I can see his reasoning in sticking with guys as long as he can. Maybe more of the problem is that we aren’t recruiting the right guys to fill in the bullpen.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
You forgot to mention where Josh said how personally the KU batters ought to take it that he was intentionally loading the bases to get the force out and how he was terrified to face those freshmen again... </sarcasm>
That color commentator guy today was a joke. Every KU player he talked about was “one of the greatest players he has seen or I really love that kid” shut up and just call the damn game dude! He wasn’t bad the first two games but he was terrible today

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
I get the pitching staff has been downgraded with the injuries. However a D1 pitcher should be able to throw strikes to keep from walking in the winning run, especially against a bad team. You have to make them put the ball in play, who knows what happens at that point.

I agree completely and is why I added that we have not developed virtually any pitchers In the bull pen. The same issue that has been going on for some time.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
I don’t disagree with you 77 but we talk about how crappy the bullpen is so I can see his reasoning in sticking with guys as long as he can. Maybe more of the problem is that we aren’t recruiting the right guys to fill in the bullpen.
That’s on him also. And it’s happened year after year; we bring in pitchers that suddenly cant throw strikes.

Last edited: