At what point to we evaluate Rob Glass?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://www.covers.com/sport/football/ncaaf/injuries

obviously it’s not updated because some injuries from our team are missing but it gives you a good idea, even the BEST programs have injuries
Love seeing someone else using covers. Good work!

As to OPs claim, I’ve thought that exact same thought the first week. Love Glass. He’s OSU through and through. Maybe he needs more help. We should go the route of UCLA and have a new college developed that’s soul focus is player development. Not sure they have it anymore but I remember they got results. Not just strengthening and body but spirit and mind as well.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Injuries are part of the sport, unfortunately. Look at what happened to the Ravens this season with their RBs.

I actually have wondered for a while if having less practices in full pads and less practice in general is hurting NCAA and NFL players. They've been in pretty controlled environments lifting, running and going through drills, but not doing a lot of tackling or full speed. I think their bodies just aren't really prepped for game speed and intensity, so we see a rash of injuries to start the season.

Oct 30, 2007
at one point I thought that the D got tired but they kept on and stayed strong. Testament to Rob glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We seem to be overwhelmed with injuries and don’t have a strength and conditioning advantage over anyone. At what point do we question our return on investment?
1632057617059.png

OMG, that's the most detached comment I've ever read from critics of our football program. Rob Glass is top 5 at WORST strength and conditioning coach in college football.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Injuries are part of the sport, unfortunately. Look at what happened to the Ravens this season with their RBs.

I actually have wondered for a while if having less practices in full pads and less practice in general is hurting NCAA and NFL players. They've been in pretty controlled environments lifting, running and going through drills, but not doing a lot of tackling or full speed. I think their bodies just aren't really prepped for game speed and intensity, so we see a rash of injuries to start the season.
Yes look at the NFL, NBA, MLB, I think players are getting hurt more often now than at any time in history. I honestly believe it has a lot to do with how hard kids are pushing their bodies these days, sports are year round from a very young age. Think of all the advancements we’ve had in physical fitness, recovery, rehabilitation, etc but kids are still getting hurt at an alarming rate. Everybody is bigger, faster, stronger but joints and ligaments cannot support the body like they should. Look at someone like Tom Brady, obviously he’s a QB so it is different, but he’s managed to stay healthy longer by not destroying himself in the weight room.
Unfortunately coaches only want stronger, bigger, faster players and the cycle continues.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
At one time we were known for taking projects in the OL and building them up through strength training. If you want to question our S&C program you would probably look at our OL the last few years.

On the flip side, maybe other programs have just caught up with us in that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I'm not convinced that Rob Glass is part of the problem, and still believe he'd be a key component of any solution... but the worsening, chronic injury streak is clear as day that something is not working.

WE need a LOT of change, all around.

I'm with you. I don't know where the problem is, I'm not at practice, but there is indeed a problem. Injuries do happen, but TONS of schools don't have these extreme injury problems that we're facing. It's been going on too long to just be bad luck.

Jun 20, 2013
I'm with you. I don't know where the problem is, I'm not at practice, but there is indeed a problem. Injuries do happen, but TONS of schools don't have these extreme injury problems that we're facing. It's been going on too long to just be bad luck.
Didn't we completely alter practice a few years back to limit injuries? I feel like gundy was pretty hot on some new research discussing limited contact in practice to ensure players were healthy and fresh throughout the entire season. I wonder if we're seeing the ill effects of that training regimen.