Assistant coach Cannen Cunningham is moving on to help manage Cade's Career

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I haven't heard how much we paid Cade...err, i mean Cannen, to be here for 1 year.

How much did it cost to get MB his 1 tournament win?
He was paid $200K his first year and $160K in his second year after budget cuts. He was the lowest paid full time coach on staff. We hired him to land his brother's commitment, but we paid him a fair salary.

Nov 18, 2010
He was paid $200K his first year and $160K in his second year after budget cuts. He was the lowest paid full time coach on staff. We hired him to land his brother's commitment, but we paid him a fair salary.
So pay a player $360k (invest $360k) and get a 7 year contract extension worth many millions.

That is sound investing right there. He may not be a great basketball coach, but the man understands ROI.

I want HCMB to handle my retirement savings.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
So pay a player $360k (invest $360k) and get a 7 year contract extension worth many millions.

That is sound investing right there. He may not be a great basketball coach, but the man understands ROI.

I smell a Sooner troll.....just spit out what you are accusing OSU of doing besides beating around the bush dude. Or better yet, go get a life!

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

One of the primary job functions of a coach is to find legal ways to recruit good players.

I want HCMB to be an OSU head basketball coach.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Do any of next year's top 5 players have family members who want to sit court-side next year?
Cade's brother didn't just "sit court side". He actually can coach and apparently worked with several players to better their games considerably. I'd honestly shut my mouth if I were you. You are treading real thin with your sideways accusations.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Cade's brother didn't just "sit court side". He actually can coach and apparently worked with several players to better their games considerably. I'd honestly shut my mouth if I were you. You are treading real thin with your sideways accusations.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Agree. I get the process behind this but Cannen is a solid coach. I wish him nothing but the best but selfishly having a guy with North Texas AAU connections who has a talent for coach inside guys is someone I wish would have stuck around longer.

His brother is about to have generational wealth and having someone there you can trust is important. Hopefully after Cade is established in the league he can get back into coaching.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Agree. I get the process behind this but Cannen is a solid coach. I wish him nothing but the best but selfishly having a guy with North Texas AAU connections who has a talent for coach inside guys is someone I wish would have stuck around longer.

His brother is about to have generational wealth and having someone there you can trust is important. Hopefully after Cade is established in the league he can get back into coaching.
With him having been here, maybe he's passed along those connections to someone here. Or better yet, maybe he has us an inside track on someone who can take his place and keep coaching those guys up.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I was hoping Cannen would stay. Seemed like Kalib made great progress from Freshman to Sophomore years. Big man development has been a weakness at OSU for as long as I can remember, Cannen already seemed to be one of the best assistants we have had in a while.