Armed man arrested by Kavanaugh Home, Had threatened Kavanaugh recently over SCOTUS Memo leak on Roe v Wade

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What is do not understand is why the city hasn't required them to get a permit to do this and why the city hasn't set up a designated public area for them to protest away from the residents

This seems fairly common today but why isn't the city doing this now ?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
In addition to teachum's point, there's also the bit after what you (or the source) bolded. Seems pretty clear in multiple parts of that paragraph that you can't do that.
Not all people are trying to influence the judge many many many are protesting his testimony to Congress on his confirmation where he claimed he would NOT vote to overturne Roe v Wade and they are calling him a liar and protesting his confirmation answers

And they want him impeached due to what they see as false testimony under oath

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The city maintaines sidewalk in front of a house is Public property..that is one issue
It's not an issue...it's common sense that it's threating to protest in front of peoples homes...a law needs to be made that protest can ONLY be done outside of residential areas. NEVER inside them. These protest have effectively brought justices work home to them...that's not right, these justices, like them or not, have been vetted by our highest offices in the land after being nominated and confirmed by both houses and assigned by their respective Presidents. It makes us look really bad internationally, just as did 1/6 and the summer of "love" 2020, plus it's just plain wrong. Granted it hasn't escalated yet, but that window should be closed tight or who would ever even want to be a justice in this country again? IMHO they all should be in jail. We don't want protestors burning down neighborhoods like they did city business districts in 2020. These happenings in our triggered country are driving MANY of us to look elsewhere to escape this once amazing land. We need to learn to love one another or this is going to blow up in our collective faces.

Nov 6, 2010
Don't get me wrong I think it is wrong and they should stop and Congress should expand protection to the SCOTUS family members

I just don't see how it can be illegal as it is protected under free speech and right to peacefully assemble so long as they don't do so to intimidate OR interfere with the court process
I think the intent is pretty simple to establish based on the timing of the protest. If the decision in question hasn't been officially ruled on, then the intent is obviously to influence. If the protests occur after a decision has been rendered, then I think you may have a point.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's not an issue...it's common sense that it's threating to protest in front of peoples homes...a law needs to be made that protest can ONLY be done outside of residential areas. NEVER inside them. These protest have effectively brought justices work home to them...that's not right, these justices, like them or not, have been vetted by our highest offices in the land after being nominated and confirmed by both houses and assigned by their respective Presidents. It makes us look really bad internationally, just as did 1/6 and the summer of "love" 2020, plus it's just plain wrong. Granted it hasn't escalated yet, but that window should be closed tight or who would ever even want to be a justice in this country again? IMHO they all should be in jail. We don't want protestors burning down neighborhoods like they did city business districts in 2020.
If people used common sense when it came to constitutional protected rights then we wouldn't be here but we are all well aware that has never been the case

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not all people are trying to influence the judge many many many are protesting his testimony to Congress on his confirmation where he claimed he would NOT vote to overturne Roe v Wade and they are calling him a liar and protesting his confirmation answers

And they want him impeached due to what they see as false testimony under oath
NOTHING has happened with Roe v Wade yet...they are protesting something that hasn't yet happened...they are also in violation of the law and in the wrong. They need to stop protesting in front of homes and go solely to the Supreme Court and protest there.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think the intent is pretty simple to establish based on the timing of the protest. If the decision in question hasn't been officially ruled on, then the intent is obviously to influence. If the protests occur after a decision has been rendered, then I think you may have a point.
But do people upset with kavanaugh back tracking on a promise he made in his confirmation hearing not also fit this timing and IS a valid reason for protesting ?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What is do not understand is why the city hasn't required them to get a permit to do this and why the city hasn't set up a designated public area for them to protest away from the residents

This seems fairly common today but why isn't the city doing this now ?
Yes they have, it's in front of the Supreme Court...they had it blocked off for protestors three weeks ago when I physically walked by...stop making crap up to protect this horrible behavior.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
NOTHING has happened with Roe v Wade yet...they are protesting something that hasn't yet happened...they are also in violation of the law and in the wrong. They need to stop protesting in front of homes and go solely to the Supreme Court and protest there.
So the leaked memo wasn't something ? Which revealed kavanaughs words at his confirmation didn't match his actions ?

That happened right ?

That can protester right ? People can be upset with that right ?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If people used common sense when it came to constitutional protected rights then we wouldn't be here but we are all well aware that has never been the case
NOTHING has been done yet...this is a violation of law and they need to be arrested or told sternly to go to the Supreme court to protest and if they do not they are going to jail. it's pretty simple, NOTHING has happened yet here they are, in front of people homes protesting something that hasn't occurred.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So the leaked memo wasn't something ? Which revealed kavanaughs words at his confirmation didn't match his actions ?

That happened right ?

That can protester right ? People can be upset with that right ?
They can go to the supreme court and protest out front as is designed for them already, with police protection...however protesting at a persons home is a horrible violation of privacy and says that your better than them and they don't deserve the privacy you have. It's a violation of decency and upright behavior just like Jan 6 and Summer 2020 was. It's harassment and its threating. Not to mention it's a violation of current law.

Btw, every single America should be outraged and upset when politics dives people to riot, protest in front of homes, and invade peoples privacy. It's not our 'right' to be royal douchbags just because we disagree with someone or some policy. We can peacefully protest, but this isn't that when it comes home OR becomes threating or violent against persons or property. Most people want compromise, but extremists have to be held in check.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
They can go to the supreme court and protest out front as is designed for them already, with police protection...however protesting at a persons home is a horrible violation of privacy and says that your better than them and they don't deserve the privacy you have. It's a violation of decency and upright behavior just like Jan 6 and Summer 2020 was. It's harassment and its threating. Not to mention it's a violation of current law.

Btw, every single America should be outraged and upset when politics dives people to riot, protest in front of homes, and invade peoples privacy. It's not our 'right' to be royal douchbags just because we disagree with someone.
So you're saying that people in Chevy Chase Maryland which is a 40+ min drive away who want to protest this in a public space should drive to the SCOTUS on order to do so

It is a constitutional protected right to gather peacefully on public lands and protest just like it is to buy a gun

I don't want ANY of those infringed upon regardless of how uncomfortable it may make others feel

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
So you're saying that people in Chevy Chase Maryland which is a 40+ min drive away who want to protest this in a public space should drive to the SCOTUS on order to do so

It is a constitutional protected right to gather peacefully on public lands and protest just like it is to buy a gun

I don't want ANY of those infringed upon regardless of how uncomfortable it may make others feel
Good grief man, let it go. You're on the wrong side of this one.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Yes, or maybe they can do it in their own freaking front yard...but not in someone elses, that's a violation of privacy, civil liberty, and the law. You want to protest go to your local courthouse and do it...I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Is ok for me to come camp out in front of your home and protest everyday ABOUT YOU? Is that ok? I'd say no it's not...NO MATTER WHAT I DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT.

Making someone's life a living hell simple because you disagree with them on something that hasn't even happened yet...even when it does...isn't acceptable.

I can't go buy a gun and stand in the street in front of your house while protesting you...at least I hope I cannot. That sh*t should NOT be a right in anyway. It's me saying my rights are bigger than yours...which is false...it's me disturbing the peaceful enjoyment of your home and neighborhood which is crappy and insane to say the least.

These home protest are horrible violations of human decency. And the law. They need to be stopped before this strong arm tactic happens on all sides of issues...believe me...we do NOT want that to occur.

I don't care what a person thinks on abortion or any other policy...it's just wrong to threaten people at their own homes.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yes, or maybe than can do it in their own freaking front yard...but not in someone else, that's a violation of privacy, civil liberty, and the law. You want to protest go to your local courthouse and do it...I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Is ok for me to come camp out in front of your home and protest everyday ABOUT YOU? Is that ok? I'd say no it's not...NO MATTER WHAT I DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT.

Making someone else life a living hell simple because you disagree with them on something that hasn't even happened yet...even when it does...isn't acceptable.

I can't go buy a gun and stand in the street in front of your house while protesting you...at least I hope I cannot. That sh*t should NOT be a right in anyway way. It's me saying my rights are bigger than yours...which is false...it's me disturbing the peaceful enjoyment of your home and neighborhood which is crappy and insane to say the least.

These home protest are horrible violations of human decency. And the law. They need to be stopped before this strong arm tactic happens on all sides of issues...believe me...we do NOT want that to occur.

I don't care what a person thinks on abortion or any other policy...it's just wrong to threaten people.
Pretty sure this situation showed us that protesting in a neighborhood does not violate the law as long as the protestors remain on public lands to do so

They were even FINED for intimidating the protestors with guns from their own front yard.

From the ACLU
You don't need a permit to march in the streets or on sidewalks, as long as marchers don't obstruct car or pedestrian traffic. If you don't have a permit, police officers can ask you to move to the side of a street or sidewalk to let others pass or for safety reasons. Certain types of events may require permits.

1654794845017.png

So yes...IF the protestors are there protesting Kavanaugh Senate Hearing words under oath during his confirmation vrs what his actions were revealed to be under the Memo leak.

They Yes IF that is ALL they are protesting and NOTHING more to influence the future they they have a LEGITIMATE stance to protest on AND they have legal precedence to protest in a neighborhood ON public streets and sidewalks. They are well within their rights to do just that.

And the code REQUIRES for protestors to be removed and arrest to PROVE THEY HAD INTENT to influence the future,.

I agree they shouldn't be there, I agree it is crap,

But It is also well within the legal rights in this situation for SOME....lord knows not all of them....of these protestors to do what they are doing.....Like it or not it is protected and can happen.

I think the code is too wide open and allows to many grey areas which allow crap like what is happening at Kavanaughs place to happen now. But by the book, they are doing it right.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is a conflict of constitutional rights that is being decided...but the question here is not is it ok to protest, but where it is ok to protest.

invading someone's right to privacy at their own home in a threating way is not a right, its against the law.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
the suggestion was to make people who want to protest to DRIVE OUT OF STATE to do so....doesn't seem reasonable to ask people to drive out of state to exercise their constitutional rights.
OMG man, would you be ok with me and 50 others coming to your home and protesting in front of it all day everyday? Would that be fine with you? This is insane and your argument has no validity.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pretty sure this situation showed us that protesting in a neighborhood does not violate the law as long as the protestors remain on public lands to do so

They were even FINED for intimidating the protestors with guns from their own front yard.

From the ACLU
You don't need a permit to march in the streets or on sidewalks, as long as marchers don't obstruct car or pedestrian traffic. If you don't have a permit, police officers can ask you to move to the side of a street or sidewalk to let others pass or for safety reasons. Certain types of events may require permits.

View attachment 95928
That one was bullshit as well...I don't like what this couple did, but I totally understand it. It's a violation of privacy to do what these protestors did here as well. PLUS the ACLU doesn't decide policy...they only start lawsuits and take "mostly" wrong stances. Once again, these incidents where indecent people think it's their "right" to invade the privacy of others are making this country worse, not better. They are making many sane peaceful and non-political people either insane (like this couple was) or ready to leave for friendly confines. They are scary and triggered, nothing more or less than that. Doesn't matter what's being protested when common decency is lost.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
OMG man, would you be ok with me and 50 others coming to your home and protesting in front of it all day everyday? Would that be fine with you? This is insane and your argument has no validity.
if you have a legitimate reason to protest me then YES it is legal. I wouldn't be OK with it, but it would be legal as long as you did it from Public lands because once you come onto my private land the Law says I can set the Speech conditions that I will allow or not allow on my own private land and then you would be violating my rights if you did it on my property.

I may not like it, I may hate it, but it is legal.