Arizona State Game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2007
Woodland Park, Colorado
Hello Cowboy fans-

I'm taking may 6 year old grandson to his first cowboy game to see Arizona State. I've only been to probably 12 or so games there in person but I'm a life long cowboy fan and bleed orange to the bone. With that being said I'm trying to give him the absolutely best experience he can possibly have for the game. My question is the game starts at 6:30pm and I'd like for him to be on the front row for the players march to the stadium. What time will this be and where exactly is the best place for us get to see everything up close before they enter the stadium. He's a diehard pistol pete fan so I want to get a picture with pistol pete but is there anything else other than the march and pistol pete that will make this a life long memory for him.

Thanks in advance for any info or additional suggestions.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Look at the game day schedule on the Athletics website for specifics, but be at the Student Union about 2.5 hours before the game for The Walk. Pete, the band, cheerleaders will be there. Players and coaches come through the crowd and walk to the stadium. There's a tent set up with face painting and a give-aways. The alumni association has a visit with Bullet (the horse) at some point. And check out activities on the North side of the stadium. They usually have something going on there for kids. The band does a concert in front of Bartlett and then lines up to march to the stadium about an hour prior to game time.

Jul 20, 2007
Woodland Park, Colorado
Look at the game day schedule on the Athletics website for specifics, but be at the Student Union about 2.5 hours before the game for The Walk. Pete, the band, cheerleaders will be there. Players and coaches come through the crowd and walk to the stadium. There's a tent set up with face painting and a give-aways. The alumni association has a visit with Bullet (the horse) at some point. And check out activities on the North side of the stadium. They usually have something going on there for kids. The band does a concert in front of Bartlett and then lines up to march to the stadium about an hour prior to game time.
this is awesome information. Thanks a million.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Most people will let kids move to the front during the walk.
You can go across Hester from the new Business building and there are some entrance monuments that shorter people can stand on to get a good view of the whole thing. Watch the band warmup at the Union as @NTXPoke said and you'll be about 100 feet from there.
Then you can fall in behind the band and walk to the stadium down Hester.

It's closed on gamedays, but if you're there for more than 1 day, Heritage Hall is a real gem for fans.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
ive been to games once in awhile. I bought the 3 game mini pack for the first time. As soon as I purchased my tickets…I called my great niece. She will graduate from high school this year and has her sights on being in Stillwater for college. She is very excited.

Truth known, as soon as we get to Stillwater for the Arizona St game, she will go be with her friends until we leave to go back home. Its ok, I want her to be happy AND seeing her walking away from wearing OU attire is a blessing to me.