Arch Manning commits to Texas...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Quinn can't without a penalty and he won't have the eligibility left to sit for a year. Unless he downgrades to D2.
He has 4 years left so he could transfer and play as a sophomore I think? Either way he’s going to have to make some tough decisions because I doubt they told Arch that he could come he’s just going to sit on the bench for 3 years.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
He has 4 years left so he could transfer and play as a sophomore I think? Either way he’s going to have to make some tough decisions because I doubt they told Arch that he could come he’s just going to sit on the bench for 3 years.
He already took a redshirt year, so. he transferred and has 4 left. He will likely play this year, and likely have an opportunity to play a 2nd year but that would require a redshirt from Arch. Meaning Quinn could transfer again BUT he would be left with just 1 year of eligibility after sitting his 1.

Jan 14, 2006
He already took a redshirt year, so. he transferred and has 4 left. He will likely play this year, and likely have an opportunity to play a 2nd year but that would require a redshirt from Arch. Meaning Quinn could transfer again BUT he would be left with just 1 year of eligibility after sitting his 1.
Unless he graduates. Then he gets another free transfer, I think.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* So Quinn Ewers transferred from Ohio State to Texas expecting to play 4 years (22/23/24/25)
* Manning will be on campus for the 23 season expecting to play 23/24/25/26. He could maybe redshirt 1 season and play 24-27. I doubt that he is looking to redshirt.
* Anyway you go, there will be at least 2 (maybe 3) "overlap" years between the 2 QB's.

ESPN said today that OU and Texas will not play in the SEC until the 2025 season. So that means Manning could play 1 or 2 years in the Big-12 before moving to the SEC for his final 2/3 seasons.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
* So Quinn Ewers transferred from Ohio State to Texas expecting to play 4 years (22/23/24/25)
* Manning will be on campus for the 23 season expecting to play 23/24/25/26. He could maybe redshirt 1 season and play 24-27. I doubt that he is looking to redshirt.
* Anyway you go, there will be at least 2 (maybe 3) "overlap" years between the 2 QB's.

ESPN said today that OU and Texas will not play in the SEC until the 2025 season. So that means Manning could play 1 or 2 years in the Big-12 before moving to the SEC for his final 2/3 seasons.
UT also has two more big time QB recruits in Hudson Card and Maalik Murphy. No matter how it works out some of them will be bailing I am sure.

Jul 9, 2004
Let's say he does redshirt. It's a crazy world when a kid, during his redshirt season, will make more than half of the starting QBs in the NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Let's say he does redshirt. It's a crazy world when a kid, during his redshirt season, will make more than half of the starting QBs in the NFL.

I've seen reports of around $3 million for Manning, but we'll see. Regardless, that's not anywhere near more than half of the starters in the NFL.

I do think the NIL's going to be really interesting the watch over the next couple of years as it settles in. For instance, you'd assume Ewers' deals are tied to him actually playing at UT, so what happens if he transfers out? You'd have to think that there's some protective language in these deals.

Sep 6, 2014
Ewers could ball out this year and next and get drafted 1st round and problem solved assuming Arch is willing to redshirt as a freshman (I don't think he or his family will be okay with that). Will be interesting, I hope it all blows up in Texas face

Jul 9, 2004

I've seen reports of around $3 million for Manning, but we'll see. Regardless, that's not anywhere near more than half of the starters in the NFL.

I do think the NIL's going to be really interesting the watch over the next couple of years as it settles in. For instance, you'd assume Ewers' deals are tied to him actually playing at UT, so what happens if he transfers out? You'd have to think that there's some protective language in these deals.
You're right. When I was looking this up, I came across some "starting" lists and "active" lists. So, I had starting QB on my mind, but was going off an active list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/salaries/breakdown/quarterback/

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Quinn will play two and go to the draft... (even if he doesn't impress).

The Manning family being kind of protective of their own will most likely mandate that Arch redshirts so they can analyze the line play and decide if he needs to stay at UT or not.