AP Poll Week 8 - OSU - #8

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
heh, the five teams right in front of us: Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, OU

tough to get much more blue blood than that

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
On paper, ISU has a better defense than us statistically. However, I don’t think they are better. The only two ranked teams they’ve played they lost to (Baylor & Iowa). Their defense is very good but I wouldn’t trade our 3rd down and crunch time defense for anyone’s. It will be interesting because their offense has been significantly more productive than ours but I think we have the better big time playmaking defense. Shut down Hall and hang a DB on Kolar like a glove and I think we limit them sufficiently. My angst is whether we will come up with an effective offensive strategy along with the memory of the last time we played in Ames with this much on the line. This is a golden opportunity to demolish that memory!

Dec 2, 2008
SC
On paper, ISU has a better defense than us statistically. However, I don’t think they are better. The only two ranked teams they’ve played they lost to (Baylor & Iowa). Their defense is very good but I wouldn’t trade our 3rd down and crunch time defense for anyone’s. It will be interesting because their offense has been significantly more productive than ours but I think we have the better big time playmaking defense. Shut down Hall and hang a DB on Kolar like a glove and I think we limit them sufficiently. My angst is whether we will come up with an effective offensive strategy along with the memory of the last time we played in Ames with this much on the line. This is a golden opportunity to demolish that memory!
Seems like I say this every week, but the offensive scheme is going to have to be way better than it has been. I wish we’d throw quick short passes over the middle of the field. Texass did a pretty good job of containing Warren for the first 3&1/2 quarters. Then they just got wore down and our o-line and Warren had their way with them. I think Texass is the most “out of shape” team we’ve played so far. I don’t expect Iowa St. to wear down so easily. It’ll be interesting.

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
We have dominated them in Ames.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Seems like I say this every week, but the offensive scheme is going to have to be way better than it has been. I wish we’d throw quick short passes over the middle of the field. Texass did a pretty good job of containing Warren for the first 3&1/2 quarters. Then they just got wore down and our o-line and Warren had their way with them. I think Texass is the most “out of shape” team we’ve played so far. I don’t expect Iowa St. to wear down so easily. It’ll be interesting.
A inconsistent and inaccurate qb throwing over the middle is a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 2, 2008
SC
A inconsistent and inaccurate qb throwing over the middle is a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m not talking 20-30 yard down the field. I’m talking about 10-15 yards. At least send someone over the middle instead of streaking receivers down the sideline.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Couldn't agree more on the FG, but that's my bias. It was in the stratosphere above the post and replays are inconclusive. Shouldn't have been in OT with IState.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We have dominated them in Ames.
We have won most of the games up there except for 2011...I don't recall if we have lost another one...Gundy will EXPECT us to win this game and move on, but they are truely a very very good team...I just expect us to win this one...I also expect us to improve on offense this week with the recent experiences at home VS Baylor and on the Road VS Texas...I think both of those teams have about equal offense's to ISU...As long as the strips don't take this game rom us with pass interference calls, I do expect us to win. Heck even if they do call it tight, I STILL Expect us to win this one. Granted it will be a huge huge win that absolutely no one gave us a chance in nationally pre season.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
ISU has padded their defensive stats against UNI and possibly the two worst FBS teams in the country - KU and UNLV and one of the worst offenses in the country - Iowa. KSU and Baylor are the only decent offenses they’ve faced. We held BU and KSU to a combined 540 yds, whereas ISU gave up 624 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2016
US
Not as frightening as the offense is right now. Hell, even Bobby Reid could make those throws.
If by "Bobby Reid could make those throws," you mean he could accurately throw into the stands 20 times a game, you're correct.

@olderschool Dude, quit giving people negative reactions. I've looked at your profile and I swear, you are epitome of a troll. Turn off the computer, go outside, and bask in some sunshine of happy rays. Make some new friends. Step away from the internet and figure out whatever it is that is bothering you, and try to enjoy life.

Last edited: