Anybody watch the Republican Debate tonight?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Anybody watch the debate tonight? I thought Dr. Ron Paul did an excellent job. Of course, all MSNBC discussed on the post game was Romney, Guiliani, and McCain.

You can rate the candidates and also see how everyone shaped up statistically after their performance tonight here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18421356/?GT1=9951

And I know it's not a flawless reliable figure, but check Ron's numbers pre-debate vs. post-debate:

Pre-Debate Post-Debate
Negative - 47% Negative - 27%
Neutral - 44% Neutral - 30%
Positive - 3% Positive - 43%

He had the biggest swing of any candidate, and at the time of this post had the lowest negative rating and highest positive rating.

But drop your thoughts and your initial impressions on the candidates.

Ron Paul in 08!

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I missed the debate. Unfortunately, the public will have to pick up interest on Ron Paul before the media will. It really should be more equally covered at this point in the race. If there is a ground-swell of interest then the media will belatedly take a look.

Aug 7, 2006
I'm gonna try to catch it on rerun as I did with the dems.

BTW - Not a big Hilary fan, but I thought she easily won that debate.

Came out with a strong message on health care and defense. Came across as much tougher on terrorism than the other candidates.

I pulled some Ron Paul clips from the debate off the web - sounded really good.
I just hope people were watching (or will).

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
I didn't watch the debate, but I changed my party affiliation to Republican months ago so I will have the opportunity to vote for Ron Paul.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
I liked Mike Huckabee. He came across as a cross between Paul and Reagan. :cool:

I thought Rudy hurt himself a little bit with the abortion issue.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
I wasn't able to watch but as many as there was, it was more along the lines of gettng on TV and getting their names out. I did hear some of the questions being asked. For example,

1. What is it you dislike about America most?
2. Would you hire Karl Rove?
3. What's with this culture of corruption?

That did a lot.