Any way we could get Tom Herman as OC?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
The reason to keep believing in Dunn is this:

“10. Oklahoma State began the Cheez-It Bowl with 15 consecutive pass calls against Miami (Fla.).

The 15 plays resulted in 14 passes and a dropback that became a scramble run. Quarterback Spencer Sanders completed 12 of those 14 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown, plus the seven-yard run. Sanders finished 27-for-40 passing for 305 yards, four touchdowns and a team-high 45 rushing yards. The Cowboys led 21-0 and held on for a 37-34 win.”

The 18 most interesting stats from ...7878/2021/01/07/college-football-stats-bowls/

That’s the kind of aggression we need in this program. I definitely wouldn’t mind giving Yurcich a look, but honestly that’s pretty clearly Dunn’s biggest influence anyway, so we are heading back that way. My impression isn’t that Dunn is the play designer Yurcich is, but maybe Dunn can fix some of the common sense problems this offense has, like having a package that is somehow our go to 2 minute offense, but yet is completely reliant on play-action when the defense doesn’t care if we run (speak specifically of the end of TCU).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
That makes a ton of sense for Penn State and Yurcich. That will be a great fit.

Herman is still on the market... failed HC, but elite OC. Probably more Kiffin than Sark.
A failed head coach??

Texas pulled the trigger too early on him and made him can both his OC and DC at the end of 2019.
He had virtually the same record as Gundy the last four seasons. He needs some Ritalin on the sidelines, but that dude will be coaching New Years Bowl Games somewhere soon.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
A failed head coach??

Texas pulled the trigger too early on him and made him can both his OC and DC at the end of 2019.
He had virtually the same record as Gundy the last four seasons. He needs some Ritalin on the sidelines, but that dude will be coaching New Years Bowl Games somewhere soon.
He also had the same QB the entire time & the most talent in the Big 12.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
A failed head coach??

Herman, with twice the resources and a much bigger brand name, didn't/wouldn't have recruited/signed/want a single player om Gundy's roster, but for some reason you seem to think a HC at UT should be held to the same standard as the HC at OSU.

Get a clue

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Herman, with twice the resources and a much bigger brand name, didn't/wouldn't have recruited/signed/want a single player om Gundy's roster, but for some reason you seem to think a HC at UT should be held to the same standard as the HC at OSU.

Get a clue
Gundy is a good coach.
Herman is not a failure.

Relax, go gets some reps in bruh; you’re coming in a little hot.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Get a clue
Gundy is a good coach.
Herman is not a failure.

Relax, go gets some reps in bruh; you’re coming in a little hot.
I didn’t say Gundy is a good coach
I didn’t say Herman was a failure.

I questioned your logic in concluding Texas pulled the trigger too early simply by comparing Herman’s record with Gundy’s record over the last 4 years. It’s simply incomprehensible.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago

I questioned your logic in concluding Texas pulled the trigger too early simply by comparing Herman’s record with Gundy’s record over the last 4 years. It’s simply incomprehensible.

You really think someone is a failed coach if they can't save Texa$ from itself?

Never mind Mack killing it back in Chapel Hill. I was also very impressed by both Charlie Strong and Tom Herman's careers and track record up until their time in Austin. You can't honestly take that away from them, regardless of anything that went down at UT. I wonder if there's a common denominator here...

I think you need to get a clue. Your philosophy built around Gumby worship is eroding your grasp on reality.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
A failed head coach??

you're nuts !

Herman hit the jackpot with his uH success and then fell to the level of his abilities !

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You really think someone is a failed coach if they can't save Texa$ from itself?

Never mind Mack killing it back in Chapel Hill. I was also very impressed by both Charlie Strong and Tom Herman's careers and track record up until their time in Austin. You can't honestly take that away from them, regardless of anything that went down at UT. I wonder if there's a common denominator here...

I think you need to get a clue. Your philosophy built around Gumby worship is eroding your grasp on reality.
What on Gods earth are you talking about?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Tom Herman could be our OC except for 3 things, he wouldn't take the job, we wouldn't hire him and the fans would revolt.

Oct 29, 2016
US
I don't know how I missed this thread. My wife called me looney tunes, as I've literally burst into roaring laughter for at least the past 5 mins. I'm talking gut-shaking, which was probably detected on a seismograph few hundred miles away. Thanks for the I laugh.. it was needed.