Any way we could get Tom Herman as OC?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I don't think winning means what you think it means. Herman is a complete ass douche. Pissed off his players, his coaches, the administration, donors, cheated on his wife, and most of all, cannot coach at or above his recruiting class ranking. Anyone thinking Herman is a good fit at OSU needs to be kept away from booze and power tools.

He'll go to Alabama for 2 or 3 years as the OC and then we'll find out if he's actually learned anything.
I'll see if I can find it but there was an article yesterday that part of the reason for the firing was reports that current players were negatively recruiting prospects due to Herman.

Edit: Here it is
Texas players were negatively recruiting against Tom Herman (msn.com)

Current players are leaving, and recruits are looking elsewhere. Then, Del Conte learned that some players currently on the roster were doing negative recruiting, telling some not to come to UT.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Tom Herman record at UT 2017-2020 : 32-18
Mike Gundy record at OSU 2017-2020: 33-17

Given the relative resources and recruiting base, I'd say Gundy out-performed Herman by a good margin. Think about it - UT has been able to get pretty much anybody they want in the state of TX. The have a blue blood ancestry, and they have far more $$ than OSU.

Last edited:

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I'll see if I can find it but there was an article yesterday that part of the reason for the firing was reports that current players were negatively recruiting prospects due to Herman.

Current players are leaving, and recruits are looking elsewhere. Then, Del Conte learned that some players currently on the roster were doing negative recruiting, telling some not to come to UT.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I don't think winning means what you think it means. Herman is a complete ass douche. Pissed off his players, his coaches, the administration, donors, cheated on his wife, and most of all, cannot coach at or above his recruiting class ranking. Anyone thinking Herman is a good fit at OSU needs to be kept away from booze and power tools.

He'll go to Alabama for 2 or 3 years as the OC and then we'll find out if he's actually learned anything.
So if I'm following this logic... Herman sucks, therefor let him go to Alabama.

Ok.

I wonder why we haven't fielded an offense that lives up to its potential and reputation since Monken left?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

So if I'm following this logic... Herman sucks, therefor let him go to Alabama.

Ok.

I wonder why we haven't fielded an offense that lives up to its potential and reputation since Monken left?
Who’s deciding the potential and reputation? Most national experts would say we have performed quite well until the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Do those of you who personally dislike Herman realize that every coach in the Playoffs is a sociopath? (Except maybe Lincoln Riley)

Coaches who have the drive to win not just enough, but A LOT, typically do have a screw loose. Barry Switzer, Woody Hayes, Steve Spurrier, Mike Leach, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Chip Kelley... they're all clinically insane.
You do realize that the sunshine bellybutton tat is not the mark of a normal man (not that there's anything wrong with that).

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Do those of you who personally dislike Herman realize that every coach in the Playoffs is a sociopath? (Except maybe Lincoln Riley)

Coaches who have the drive to win not just enough, but A LOT, typically do have a screw loose. Barry Switzer, Woody Hayes, Steve Spurrier, Mike Leach, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Chip Kelley... they're all clinically insane.
Fact. HC job at UO has to be above all else, a sociopath.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That definitely makes no sense for Dodd to come out and say that Herman was still there guy then. Because his only reason to have done that and still fire him would have been to try and keep the recruits.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I’m not ready to throw Kasey Dunn under the bus. His only year as Offensive Coordinator he loses nearly the entire two-deep on the O-Line, he has to coach through a Pandemic with no Spring Practice and deal with coaching players during all the Chuba BLM crap. In many ways considering the uncontrollable bad things thrown at this offense, he did a remarkable job. If you don’t understand the devastating impact losing 8 members of your O-Line does to an offense’s ability to function, then I guess it would cause some people to start talking about crazytown things like hiring Tom Herman!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’m not ready to throw Kasey Dunn under the bus. His only year as Offensive Coordinator he loses nearly the entire two-deep on the O-Line, he has to coach through a Pandemic with no Spring Practice and deal with coaching players during all the Chuba BLM crap. In many ways considering the uncontrollable bad things thrown at this offense, he did a remarkable job. If you don’t understand the devastating impact losing 8 members of your O-Line does to an offense’s ability to function, then I guess it would cause some people to start talking about crazytown things like hiring Tom Herman!
You make a good case for Mr Dunn. I do think Hubbard was a major disruptive force.