Any news on the new field...saw this one on twitter

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 7, 2006
The university has done way too much to consolidate everything under one "brand" for them not use that at midfield, IMO. The end zones are where there might be some room for "creativity", but it wouldn't surprise me if they're very similar to what we have now with the updated font. Hoping for script Cowboys though... I think that is what most people would prefer.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We should do a different end zone for every home game, like with our uniforms.
I love this but think perhaps the down time and expense might be a problem...pretty sure we practice on the field a lot during the season...correct me if I'm wrong. It's important for that field to be freed up for practice each week

Jun 20, 2013
Just so you know, I don't think this is decided at all, this was just an option someone posted...i like the one below maybe a bit better with some tweaks.
I don't like the Oklahoma outline on the field for one...but I do like the end zones...I also don't like the brand as depicted...but, One thing at a time.

View attachment 95700
I think the first post design with the ghosted midfield logo like what's here would be elite. Instantly recognizable, yet not too over the top, and would serve us well for 5-8 years. I feel like the script will get old/outdated looking rather quickly. I guess just proof that not everyone will be happy no matter what they pick.

Aug 7, 2006
I agree, meant it more as a joke. Would be cool, but would cost too much to do that, IMO.
I don't know that it could cost that much. You could leave the end zones blank and then paint them every week however you wanted to do it. Not sure it would be worth the time it would take to scrub and re-paint every week though.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Anyone with skills make the endzone like the first one I posted but Oklahoma State instead of Cowboys...replace the pistol pete heads with the cowboy script and put the brand logo in the middle...DONE!
Black endzones with the pasily helmet background Oklahoma State in traditional font...Center Brand Logo...Pistol Petes replaced with Cowboy script.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I think I might be the only fan on the planet that thinks the script logo is entirely over-hyped.

I mean I think it’s a nice rotational sticker, pretty cool for a couple games per year. It has a nice nostalgic feel… but…It has no place on the field. It’s too warm and soft.

I like the traditional block letters. It puts off a vibe of prestige, structure, boldness, intimidation.

If we put the script on the field, I will call BPS the Cracker Barrel.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think Midfield should be possibly Cowboys script and the endzones should be the oklahoma state from the origional...I know we need to do logo too, but I'd rather maybe see the old-school one than the new brand. lots to think about right?
Script is a basketball thing. Put the brand logo and get on with it.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
No black end zone. Orange is the Answer.
Script is a basketball thing. Put the brand logo and get on with it.
I'll second both of these opinions. Cursive script has always been more associated with basketball. Our fans are all encouraged to wear orange to gamedays. I don't want a completely orange field, but it feels like orange should be the second most prominent color besides green.