Andy Katz first bracket... I know... I know...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
6 seed against Miss State. At least a little respect. Lets get that down to a 3 or 4 seed!
If they get it down to a 3 or 4 seed, they'll then place is in the same side of the bracket as 2 other big 12 teams to assure that only 1 has a chance at getting to the final elite eight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
He has us ranked 24th in his Power36 and said "The Cowboys 78-37 NIT Season Tip-off title win over Ole Miss was as impressive a win as any team has had this season."

Interesting that he has West Virginia ranked ahead of us at 20th when we are both undefeated and we have one more win than them. I guess their win over Wichita State bumped them ahead of us. We just need to handle business tonight. One game at a time. It is nice that we are getting recognized though.

Sep 9, 2013
He has us ranked 24th in his Power36 and said "The Cowboys 78-37 NIT Season Tip-off title win over Ole Miss was as impressive a win as any team has had this season."

Interesting that he has West Virginia ranked ahead of us at 20th when we are both undefeated and we have one more win than them. I guess their win over Wichita State bumped them ahead of us. We just need to handle business tonight. One game at a time. It is nice that we are getting recognized though.
it isnt the number of wins, it's who you beat. All but one of WVU's foes are in kenpoms top 100. As an aside 4th ranked Ohio State beat UNC 74-49 on North Carolina's home court. Ohio State is the 4th team to beat 2 top 10 teams by 25+. The other three went on to win National titles.

WVU plays Ohio State at their place later in the month, and a win there will raise some of the so-called experts eyebrows, except not mine or yours since I've kept you up to date on WVU's title chase.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
it isnt the number of wins, it's who you beat. All but one of WVU's foes are in kenpoms top 100. As an aside 4th ranked Ohio State beat UNC 74-49 on North Carolina's home court. Ohio State is the 4th team to beat 2 top 10 teams by 25+. The other three went on to win National titles.

WVU plays Ohio State at their place later in the month, and a win there will raise some of the so-called experts eyebrows, except not mine or yours since I've kept you up to date on WVU's title chase.
We beat KU twice last year. They were a 1 seed in the tourney. Bupkiss on a bid for us.

Sep 9, 2013
In the first NET Rankings of the season, West Virginia comes in at No. 12. The 'team sheet' breaking down the ranking lists the Mountaineers with the No. 9 strength of schedule. The team is 2-1 in Quadrant 1 (home against Top 30 teams, neutral versus Top 50, and away versus Top 75), 3-0 in Quadrant 2, and 2-0 in both Quadrant 3 and Quadrant 4. The Quadrant 1 games were Wichita State (No. 14), Northern Iowa (No. 28), and St. John's (No. 65).

According to the current standings, the Mountaineers still have nine more Quadrant 1 games remaining - neutral site versus No. 1 Ohio State, both home and away versus No. 2 Kansas, both home and away versus No. 5 Baylor, and then away games against Texas Tech (No. 34), Oklahoma (No. 37), Oklahoma State (No. 41), and Texas (No. 45).

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
In the first NET Rankings of the season, West Virginia comes in at No. 12. The 'team sheet' breaking down the ranking lists the Mountaineers with the No. 9 strength of schedule. The team is 2-1 in Quadrant 1 (home against Top 30 teams, neutral versus Top 50, and away versus Top 75), 3-0 in Quadrant 2, and 2-0 in both Quadrant 3 and Quadrant 4. The Quadrant 1 games were Wichita State (No. 14), Northern Iowa (No. 28), and St. John's (No. 65).

According to the current standings, the Mountaineers still have nine more Quadrant 1 games remaining - neutral site versus No. 1 Ohio State, both home and away versus No. 2 Kansas, both home and away versus No. 5 Baylor, and then away games against Texas Tech (No. 34), Oklahoma (No. 37), Oklahoma State (No. 41), and Texas (No. 45).
Great time to place a bet with me at better odds than even Vegas would give you

Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, do not care.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com

Do you post frequently on a WV board? And, why do you post here? About WV? Why???

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

are you predicting a WVU win at Ohio State?

Sep 9, 2013
Do you post frequently on a WV board? And, why do you post here? About WV? Why???
I have many thousands of posts on the WVU board under a different alias(Alarik).
In fairness the article gives Oklahoma State's net ranking too, even though they're seen as little more than a speed bump even in Stillwater.

Sep 9, 2013
Yes. WVU took St. Johns lightly, and they got jobbed by the refs who called ticky-tac fouls.
If the refs let them play, WVU will beat Ohio State. If they call touch fouls, well, finesse isnt really part of Huggins game plan.

Id love to get Ohio State in football in 2021. Let neal brown have a couple of years, and then WVU will be capable(not that they will) of beating anyone.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yes. WVU took St. Johns lightly, and they got jobbed by the refs who called ticky-tac fouls.
If the refs let them play, WVU will beat Ohio State. If they call touch fouls, well, finesse isnt really part of Huggins game plan.

Id love to get Ohio State in football in 2021. Let neal brown have a couple of years, and then WVU will be capable(not that they will) of beating anyone.
That foreign exchange student from Germany? You know, the one who thought David Hasselhoff was the best? The best actor. The best singer. And the whole class would make fun of him. I felt kinda badly for that guy, but it was also funny.

hmm... carry on...

Mar 27, 2008
WVU up 55-54 2 min to go. @ Ohio State.
Yep very good win for WVU. WVU finished dead last in the Big12 last year and goes on the road to beat #2 Ohio State early in this season. Compare that to OSU who played a 5-5 Minnesota team and gets the sh*t kicked out of them by 20points.

Sep 9, 2013
Yep very good win for WVU. WVU finished dead last in the Big12 last year and goes on the road to beat #2 Ohio State early in this season. Compare that to OSU who played a 5-5 Minnesota team and gets the sh*t kicked out of them by 20points.
WVU was highly ranked last year but their dominant big man was hurt and out for year in 2nd game. And culver was suspended for 1st half of the season. the other forward was kicked off the team for strike 3 on drug test.

Basically the front court of WVU, which many thought was one of the best in the country, never saw conference play. Guards were young, but most, including me, thought the bigs would carry them.

Anyhow, Huggins worst season in 19 years was last season. WVU looks to be back on track this season. That's good for big 12 sos. Wins on neutral court over n iowa and wichita state will be sneaky good by season's end.