And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Of course we are. And the liberal left has done a pretty good job on convincing everyone that not trusting elections is something Trump invented, it isn't.

The Democrats have told us the 2020 election was the most fair in our history, but yet they are fervently attempting to change election law because our democracy is at risk they say.... We are being played.

Why did we spend three years investigating the 2016 election based on a lie paid for by the Democrats? Why was no one held accountable for those lies in the halls of democracy?
I think this is where I’m different from everyone else. I’ve never had any confidence.

I will never be convinced that Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, William Clinton, George W Bush, Barack Obama, Don Trump and Joe Biden were worthy of the honor.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I think this is where I’m different from everyone else. I’ve never had any confidence.

I will never be convinced that Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, William Clinton, George W Bush, Barack Obama, Don Trump and Joe Biden were worthy of the honor.
Who was?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
He said: "The Democrats have told us the 2020 election was the most fair in our history, but yet they are fevernetly attempting to change election law". Did the misspelling of "fervently" confuse? His statement made sense to me.
his misspelling did not confuse me, but the part that Dems trying to change laws, as the Rep legislators have enacted dozens of new voting restrictions because of the 2020 election....

Mar 11, 2006
his misspelling did not confuse me, but the part that Dems trying to change laws, as the Rep legislators have enacted dozens of new voting restrictions because of the 2020 election....
You don’t think eliminating the filibuster is a massive change?

When did the Republican create new federal laws on elections involving states?

Mar 11, 2006
He didn't say federal. He was talking about state legilatures
He is referring to the new GA laws that have less restrictions than NY and longer voting times than DE? Think someone has been watching too much MSNBC instead of reading the laws.
State rights, meh.

Last edited:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
“We are back to a moment where only one party is a full-throated defender of voting rights...” Daniel Ziblatt, Eaton Professor of the Science of Government, Harvard University.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Jim Crow laws were passed by Democrats to stay in power. The laws the democrats are proposing today are for the very same reasons. It has nothing to do with what's fair and right. It's all about gaining power.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
“Bottom line is very simple: The ideologues in the Senate want to turn what the Founding Fathers called ‘the cooling saucer of democracy’ into the rubber stamp of dictatorship. We will not let them. They want, because they can’t get their way on every judge, to change the rules in mid-stream, to wash away 200 years of history. They want to make this country into a banana republic, where if you don’t get your way, you change the rules. Are we going to let them? It’ll be a doomsday for democracy if we do.”

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
“We are back to a moment where only one party is a full-throated defender of voting rights...” Daniel Ziblatt, Eaton Professor of the Science of Government, Harvard University.
Well, he's not talking about the Democrats. Their history is one of Jim Crow law ideology.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
“Bottom line is very simple: The ideologues in the Senate want to turn what the Founding Fathers called ‘the cooling saucer of democracy’ into the rubber stamp of dictatorship. We will not let them. They want, because they can’t get their way on every judge, to change the rules in mid-stream, to wash away 200 years of history. They want to make this country into a banana republic, where if you don’t get your way, you change the rules. Are we going to let them? It’ll be a doomsday for democracy if we do.”
I see what you did there...
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
you may not realize that portions of party platforms have 'switched' throughout history...
LOL that's always the Democrats spin. It was someone else... What a joke!!!

Do you not claim FDR, JFK, LBJ?

Are you now more the party of Taft, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, and Eisenhower?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
LOL that's always the Democrats spin. It was someone else... What a joke!!!

Do you not claim FDR, JFK, LBJ?

Are you now more the party of Taft, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, and Eisenhower?
didn't say it wasn't Dems, just said portions of platforms have switched...you would agree, yes?!...I don't claim anyone on your list except JFK...I'm of the party of who I think will do the better job (pres, gov, sheriff, etc) or the one who won't f$%k it up too bad...do not claim either party...think they're both a joke...certainly don't agree with people that think their party is 'the one'...

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Well it appears one of the funding sources in an attempt to overturn the election has been found. I wonder if this type of funding would affect his Non Profit's status?

I wouldn't think so. Nearly all non-profits of any size contribute to political organizations that support their cause. 30 seconds on Google turned up this example:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/planned-parenthood-2020-electoral-program/index.html

NOTE: I grabbed the first one I knew would be 100% the opposite view of the one you posted. Full disclosure would have me tell you my wife and I are very solid Republican voters. My wife is also a former employee of Planned Parenthood of Tulsa and continues to be a firm supporter of Planned Parenthood's overall mission, very little of which is tied directly to abortion.