And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
We are the country that defeated the Nazis in WWII. And now this President has reduced us to the point we are begging a terrorist organization, who this President has evidently armed as well, to allow us to evacuate our own people!!!!

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
We are the country that defeated the Nazis in WWII. And now this President has reduced us to the point we are begging a terrorist organization, who this President has evidently armed as well, to allow us to evacuate our own people!!!!
And the president (VP at the time) from same party that couldn't even develop a functioning website. Ooops :laugh:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Nigel Farage: 'No way' British parliament would vote for military cooperation with America under Biden admin

Farage warns international terror threat increasing after Afghanistan pullout

NIGEL FARAGE: The medium-term problem is the resurgence of international terror, already evidence that extremist jihadi groups all over the world have taken great cheer from what the Taliban have done in Afghanistan. And so if we do find ourselves back engaged and, you know, let's be honest, the last few years, we've not seen major terrorist atrocities in the West. But if they start to happen again and we start to think, well, how do we go out again and try and stop these cells that are spreading international terror? How can we do it with the Americans? How can we do it with an ally that is treating us with contempt and betrayed us and into the bargain, many of our own citizens?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nigel-farage-british-parliament-military-cooperation-biden-afghanistan

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
THE country? Your friends in Russia would like a word…
1629915647130.jpg

Mar 11, 2006
Wow, how did Greece end up with more casualties than the US??
If you ever go to Greece, highly recommend the Acropolis Museum. It is amazing how many times the Acropolis has been completely destroyed or partially destroyed due to all the different groups that fought on modern day Athens. Germans actually raised their Nazi flag on the Acropolis site in early WWII and stayed there for a couple of years.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Then why bring up a chart displaying of all things a DEATH TOLL, then reference Russia who just happened to have more deaths than the US based on population. By definition Poland had more than Russia so yes, you did say that.
You do know the Russians captured Berlin, right? They also had the most casualties. Poland is at the top because the list is sorted by % population that died in WWII.

But my major point was that we weren’t THE country that defeated the Nazis. Sorry I didn’t post a photo of Russian soldiers with Hitler’s body.

I just figured everyone could make the correlation without me spoon-feeding it to them.

Apparently not everyone. Congratulations on proving me wrong on that point. Pat yourself on the back.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You do know the Russians captured Berlin, right? They also had the most casualties. Poland is at the top because the list is sorted by % population that died in WWII.

But my major point was that we weren’t THE country that defeated the Nazis. Sorry I didn’t post a photo of Russian soldiers with Hitler’s body.

I just figured everyone could make the correlation without me spoon-feeding it to them.

Apparently not everyone. Congratulations on proving me wrong on that point. Pat yourself on the back.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Yea, but only to avoid a diplomatic incident because Eisenhower (with encouragement from Roosevelt) decided to divert resources to a different part of Germany.

Dec 9, 2013
Maybe you can expand some on Trumps quagmire in the Middle East?

Trump ended reliance on Middle Eastern oil.

In 1995, Congress adopted the Jerusalem Embassy Act, urging the federal government to relocate the American embassy to Jerusalem and to recognize that that city — and so importantly — is Israel’s capital. Trump finally accomplished that although Clinton, Bush, and Obama all promised they would follow through.

Morocco, UAE, Bahrain, and Sudan all agreed to normalize relations with Israel. The Trump administration negotiated each of these.

As of May 31 this year a U.S. service member has not been killed in action since March 11, 2020.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...atalities-overseas-were-the-fewest-since-911/

Obama started a draw down of US Service members overseas and Trump continued the pattern.

NATO contributions to defense spending. In 2014 3 of 29 NATO Countries were spending 2% of their GDP on defense. By 2020 10 countries were spending 2% or more of their GDP on defense. Not only that every one of the 29 members of NATO were spending more of their GDP on defense.

Our own US border was becoming more secure.

And let's not forget, no new wars.

There were certainly some setbacks but Trump had a far more successful foreign policy than any president in recent history.
How did trump end reliance on ME oil?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
For those who think AG Barr wasn't Trump's stooge

• William Barr texted Trump's impeachment lawyer saying, "You are a STAR."
  • He sent the text while Trump's defense team was wrapping up arguments in his first impeachment.
  • Barr repeatedly went to bat for Trump throughout his presidency

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
For those who think AG Barr wasn't Trump's stooge

• William Barr texted Trump's impeachment lawyer saying, "You are a STAR."
  • He sent the text while Trump's defense team was wrapping up arguments in his first impeachment.
  • Barr repeatedly went to bat for Trump throughout his presidency
Meese was a Reagan stooge, Reno was a Clinton stooge, Ashcroft and Gonzales both Bush stooges, Holder was an Obama stooge, Garland is a Biden stooge. Is it surprising that Trump’s guy was any different?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I’m here with my senior adviser and, uh, boy who knows Louisiana very well, man. And New Orleans. Cedric Richmond.”

China Joe Biden, August 30, 2021

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
A 2019 tweet from the then-CNN contributor (Jen Psaki) called for transparency in the early weeks of then-President Donald Trump's Ukraine scandal that ultimately resulted in his impeachment.

Psaki.jpg