And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Nothing Like going on a Rant and then giving your PROMO code to get a discount to go and patronage the business you are defending. This is an Advertisement LOL

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1420919796787564545

May 31, 2007
OK & CA

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Trump's a snake? Who knew? *eyeroll*

I refuse to put any faith or hope in political players of any kind. I don't know that it is possible to get involved and not be sullied. Most, if not all, are simply power players in a game I don't have any chance of affecting. I won't be toyed with or pandered to to buy off my vote. I never supported Trump, but I don't support any of these others either. Each and every one disgusts me.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Trump's a snake? Who knew? *eyeroll*

I refuse to put any faith or hope in political players of any kind. I don't know that it is possible to get involved and not be sullied. Most, if not all, are simply power players in a game I don't have any chance of affecting. I won't be toyed with or pandered to to buy off my vote. I never supported Trump, but I don't support any of these others either. Each and every one disgusts me.
And this is how we end up with politicians with no principles. We demonize the whole vocation so anyone with morals avoids it like the plague. Meanwhile, the priggish can wash their hands and claim they are above it all while contributing to its demise. Nice.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
And this is how we end up with politicians with no principles. We demonize the whole vocation so anyone with morals avoids it like the plague. Meanwhile, the priggish can wash their hands and claim they are above it all while contributing to its demise. Nice.
No, the meat grinder(exposure of family and any skeletons) and the corroded back room dealing of politics is how we prevent great people from running. I used to love political theater, but I cannot stand it any longer. I refuse to go along with either party and their desire to make enemies of half the country. Can't do it. I won't be driven by hate and fear and that is all that is being peddled these days. No one works from honor, hope, integrity, and simply doing what is best for America.

Dems have continued to embrace dangerous(imo) leftist policies and demonize conservatives pretty much no matter what they do.

Reps, at least partially, bowed at the alter of Trump, and have also worked from of position of the other side being enemies of the state. It's tiring and disappointing. Probably more-so since this was/would be my side by default.

I reregistered as an independent in 2016. There are reasons. Neither party offers anything. I haven't seen anyone offer hope, unless I thought it disingenuous or opportunism. I need leadership that doesn't require a cult of personality like following or demonization.

I still care and I still vote. I will voice my opinions(carefully can't afford to be cancelled). The two party system is failed as far as I am concerned. I don't want to burn down the system, but there definitely needs to be some real change that I can believe in for once.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
No, the meat grinder(exposure of family and any skeletons) and the corroded back room dealing of politics is how we prevent great people from running. I used to love political theater, but I cannot stand it any longer. I refuse to go along with either party and their desire to make enemies of half the country. Can't do it. I won't be driven by hate and fear and that is all that is being peddled these days. No one works from honor, hope, integrity, and simply doing what is best for America.

Dems have continued to embrace dangerous(imo) leftist policies and demonize conservatives pretty much no matter what they do.

Reps, at least partially, bowed at the alter of Trump, and have also worked from of position of the other side being enemies of the state. It's tiring and disappointing. Probably more-so since this was/would be my side by default.

I reregistered as an independent in 2016. There are reasons. Neither party offers anything. I haven't seen anyone offer hope, unless I thought it disingenuous or opportunism. I need leadership that doesn't require a cult of personality like following or demonization.

I still care and I still vote. I will voice my opinions(carefully can't afford to be cancelled). The two party system is failed as far as I am concerned. I don't want to burn down the system, but there definitely needs to be some real change that I can believe in for once.
I don’t think we’re too far off. I’m also a disillusioned Republican. But I don’t think the meat grinder and dirty politics keep good people from running. It might keep them from winning, but it’s the good people themselves that decide whether to run, whose campaign to donate to, and who to vote for.

Also, my response was not about the two party system. You originally said “politicians of any kind” and “I don't support any of these {politicians}.” Now you’re switching to denouncing Democrats and Republicans, while mentioning you’re Independent. So, there is no one, not one single politician you support? You mention you still vote. Who do you vote for?

Last edited:

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I don’t think we’re too far off. I’m also a disillusioned Republican. But I don’t think the meat grinder and dirty politics keep good people from running. It might keep them from winning, but it’s the good people themselves that decide whether to run, whose campaign to donate to, and who to vote for.

Also, my response was not about the two party system. You originally said “politicians of any kind” and “I don't support any of these {politicians}.” Now you’re switching to denouncing Democrats and Republicans, while mentioning you’re Independent. So, there is no one, not one single politician you support? You mention you still vote. Who do you vote for?
Very carefully. I didn't vote for Trump either run nor did I vote for Hillary or Biden. I'm not voting based on the level of evil I perceive. I like to vote FOR someone for something. I think the money and back room dealing is exactly the problem. I don't know that there is room for a truly principled person to succeed. Hell, look what happened to Bernie twice. I didn't like him, but I at least believe he believes in what he is fighting for. Principles be damned. Honor is only good for the camera. Money makes the decisions. There are politicians that I like, but don't. know if I'd trust them with higher offices.

I really like Tulsi Gabbard, but she won't play dirty and wants to work with both sides not just dems. She shredded our current Vice President. I like Marco Rubio, but he's a little hot heated and probably not experienced enough. I like him, though, he kind of reminds me of a cousin of mine.

Ted Cruz could be better, but I don't disdain him. Lyndsey Graham is greasy as all hell, but somehow he's honest about it. Dudes still single too, which I find odd, but it doesn't matter that much to me. Mitch McConnell look like a caricature of a person and I think he is full of absolute crap. Pelosi is a scam that keeps running.

I mean look, Kamala Harris tweeted that she believed Joe Biden's accusers a year before accepting his nomination for VP. What? What is that? I'm not serving a person I believe is a rapist! These people are frauds. Biden is barely there anymore, and he sucked when he was there.

You show me what there is to look forward too. This is why my faith is in God. People tend to fail royally over and over and do self-destructive things for the sake of whatever the hell.

Nov 6, 2010
Very carefully. I didn't vote for Trump either run nor did I vote for Hillary or Biden. I'm not voting based on the level of evil I perceive. I like to vote FOR someone for something. I think the money and back room dealing is exactly the problem. I don't know that there is room for a truly principled person to succeed. Hell, look what happened to Bernie twice. I didn't like him, but I at least believe he believes in what he is fighting for. Principles be damned. Honor is only good for the camera. Money makes the decisions. There are politicians that I like, but don't. know if I'd trust them with higher offices.

I really like Tulsi Gabbard, but she won't play dirty and wants to work with both sides not just dems. She shredded our current Vice President. I like Marco Rubio, but he's a little hot heated and probably not experienced enough. I like him, though, he kind of reminds me of a cousin of mine.

Ted Cruz could be better, but I don't disdain him. Lyndsey Graham is greasy as all hell, but somehow he's honest about it. Dudes still single too, which I find odd, but it doesn't matter that much to me. Mitch McConnell look like a caricature of a person and I think he is full of absolute crap. Pelosi is a scam that keeps running.

I mean look, Kamala Harris tweeted that she believed Joe Biden's accusers a year before accepting his nomination for VP. What? What is that? I'm not serving a person I believe is a rapist! These people are frauds. Biden is barely there anymore, and he sucked when he was there.

You show me what there is to look forward too. This is why my faith is in God. People tend to fail royally over and over and do self-destructive things for the sake of whatever the hell.
Do you think Adam Kinzinger is a good person?