And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2008
After the way Trump has been treated, who in their right mind would run for office other than a career politician? People are trying to destroy his businesses and essentially tar and feather anyone who has any association with him.
Nobody will, that experiment is one and done. The swamp won.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
After the way Trump has been treated, who in their right mind would run for office other than a career politician? People are trying to destroy his businesses and essentially tar and feather anyone who has any association with him.
To be fair Trump has had what 9 bankruptcies and a foundation shut down all before being president.

So he has done a pretty good job of destroying his own businesses up to this point. Now he can just play the victim and you all will lap it up.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It is funny how everyone agrees that Trump's own worst problem was himself, his ego, and his inability to keep his mouth shut and not say/tweet stupid things every day.

Yet some who agree with that....also think it was unfair for people, media, Dems, other Republicans, etc etc etc etc etc to call him out on it every single time.....on what everyone admits openly was an actual problem Trump had.

The gymnastics of making those two things true at the same time in ones mind must be exhausting.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
To be fair Trump has had what 9 bankruptcies and a foundation shut down all before being president.

So he has done a pretty good job of destroying his own businesses up to this point. Now he can just play the victim and you all will lap it up.
So what, 9 of over 500 businesses failed. That’s a better record than the general public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nobody will, that experiment is one and done. The swamp won.
If they arent an egotistical buffoon who boasts his own accomplishments, who thinks he's smarter than he is, and who doesnt know when it's appropriate to shut up, they probably wont be ridiculed and hated with this level of vitriol.

Sep 12, 2008
If they arent an egotistical buffoon who boasts his own accomplishments, who thinks he's smarter than he is, and who doesnt know when it's appropriate to shut up, they probably wont be ridiculed and hated with this level of vitriol.
I wish you luck on that. I don't hold out much hope for the current 2 party system.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I wish you luck on that. I don't hold out much hope for the current 2 party system.
It would be nice to have a viable third party that wields as much influence as the other two. Also might get some of the stupids out of their one way linear black/white thinking of "if you arent in my party, you're wrong".

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
It would be nice to have a viable third party that wields as much influence as the other two. Also might get some of the stupids out of their one way linear black/white thinking of "if you arent in my party, you're wrong".
Not surprisingly they make it very difficult to start a new 3rd party.. you really need to expand an existing 3rd party that already has an existing national network like the Greens or the Libertarians.

https://reason.com/2021/01/21/heres-how-donald-trumps-patriot-party-could-become-a-political-force/

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Not surprisingly they make it very difficult to start a new 3rd party.. you really need to expand an existing 3rd party that already has an existing national network like the Greens or the Libertarians.

https://reason.com/2021/01/21/heres-how-donald-trumps-patriot-party-could-become-a-political-force/
Green party does get a bad wrap and deservedly so for some of the more extreme things they push....but I know the Green energy market right now is BOOMING and there are tons of jobs and money flowing in the last 6months. Last time I was in LA for 2 days I saw at least 10 of their install crews driving around. They seemed to be everywhere we went

My company has sold a crap ton of stuff to Tesla's offshoot SolarCity as they ramp up their solar panel production and installations

Elon Musk bought SolarCity for $2.6 Billion in 2016 and it is worth $8.4 Billion today

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Really wouldn't take that much 5 or so senators and a couple dozen in the house would change all the rules. Either of the major parties would have to get their support to pass anything.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Why isn't China part of this treaty. They just allowed to make as many nukes as they want in any way shape or form that they want.
because the US had a separate 30 year agreement with China on Nukes that was negotiated by Reagan that expired in 2015.

Obama submitted to Congress in 2015 to negotiate with China to sign another 30 year agreement on Nukes. That idea was rejected by Congress and there has been no new plan to replace since.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL33192.html

In Oct 2020 the US tried to get China involved with the Russian START treaty and China is refusing to Negotiate

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/15/u-s-working-to-end-chinese-secrecy-around-nuclear-capabilities

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
because the US had a separate 30 year agreement with China on Nukes that was negotiated by Reagan that expired in 2015.

Obama submitted to Congress in 2015 to negotiate with China to sign another 30 year agreement on Nukes. That idea was rejected by Congress and there has been no new plan to replace since.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL33192.html

In Oct 2020 the US tried to get China involved with the Russian START treaty and China is refusing to Negotiate

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/15/u-s-working-to-end-chinese-secrecy-around-nuclear-capabilities
So we are signing a nuclear treaty that limits our capability all while completely ignoring the largest threat to our national security (China). I've got to say that is a brilliant strategy, what could possibly go wrong.