And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
The ex-president issued a statement slamming the announcement: "The political witch hunt by the radical left Democrats, with New York now taking over the assignment, continues.
trump has used the term 'witch hunt' hundreds of times...me thinks there may be something to this...maybe he actually is a witch...
"It is dividing our country like never before," he said.
this just made me laugh...well, more like a chuckle...smh
hansel-gretel-main_1.jpg

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Trump’s company charged on narrow grounds despite 3 years of investigation | Fox News

I’m not trying to minimize the tax charges against Trump company executives. Weisselberg is alleged to have avoided taxes on $1.7 million in "indirect employee compensation" over 15 years--which would amount to about $900,000 in fraud. The organization itself was accused of failing to withhold taxes on those amounts. Weisselberg was also accused of hiding his New York City residency and of not declaring payments for beds, TVs and carpeting at a Florida home.

I am pretty sure they could find something like this in a lot of people that own businesses. So political .

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Trump’s company charged on narrow grounds despite 3 years of investigation | Fox News

I’m not trying to minimize the tax charges against Trump company executives. Weisselberg is alleged to have avoided taxes on $1.7 million in "indirect employee compensation" over 15 years--which would amount to about $900,000 in fraud. The organization itself was accused of failing to withhold taxes on those amounts. Weisselberg was also accused of hiding his New York City residency and of not declaring payments for beds, TVs and carpeting at a Florida home.

I am pretty sure they could find something like this in a lot of people that own businesses. So political .
I am pretty sure they DO find something like this in a lot of people that own businesses...they are not as well known, so it doesn't make the news...it's only political because there is a 'political figure' is involved...

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I am pretty sure they DO find something like this in a lot of people that own businesses...they are not as well known, so it doesn't make the news...it's only political because there is a 'political figure' is involved...
There has been so much money spent on investigations into trump. Basically , it doesn't sound like the juice is worth the squeeze, its only worth it because , orange man bad.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
There has been so much money spent on investigations into trump. Basically , it doesn't sound like the juice is worth the squeeze, its only worth it because , orange man bad.
It’s pretty amazing how clean Trump was in the end. I won’t name any names, but there are others at his level that wouldn’t have come close to surviving this type of witch hunt.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Oh good God. So now you are comparing Trump to Capone.

Marjorie Greene called. You two are on for lunch next Tuesday.
I never said that. It’s pretty obvious I was making a statement about the seriousness of tax crimes after your comment:
All the posturing, endless drains on district budgets....and they found some guy with a pissant tax issue
If you want to connect the dots between Trump and a mafia mob boss, that’s up to you Paisan.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I never said that. It’s pretty obvious I was making a statement about the seriousness of tax crimes after your comment:
If you want to connect the dots between Trump and a mafia mob boss, that’s up to you Paisan.
Yea, rrrrrrright. Lame excuse. Thousands and thousand of tax crimes that meet your “seriousness” threshold, yet you just HAPPEN to randomly use Capone as your example.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yea, rrrrrrright. Lame excuse. Thousands and thousand of tax crimes that meet your “seriousness” threshold, yet you just HAPPEN to randomly use Capone as your example.
You aren’t really this dense are you? Capone’s arrest and conviction on tax evasion was both ironic and legendary. With everything he had done, THIS is what got him convicted? That aspect of his arrest parallels Trump pretty well (even though it isn’t Trump who has been convicted so far). With everything he’s done, THIS is what gets members of his organization arrested?

If you want to take affront to what I’ve said, that’s your prerogative. A stupid prerogative, but it’s yours.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
China Joe's BLM nominee has ties to domestic terrorism.....

Biden nominee was involved with "the extreme environmentalist group, Earth First, which has a history of sabotage, property destruction and creating dangerous work environments for loggers and sawmill operators."

"There is no doubt that this group performed violent acts, including ‘tree-spiking,’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservation-group-pulls-support-stone-manning

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Biden nominee was involved with "the extreme environmentalist group, Earth First, which has a history of sabotage, property destruction and creating dangerous work environments for loggers and sawmill operators."

"There is no doubt that this group performed violent acts, including ‘tree-spiking,’

That's ok, it just hurt common loggers not elected officials. You have to understand how all this works.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014

kind of makes us all miss donald "Mr. Ethics" trump, don't it??...

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
She wrote a letter to authorities warning them the trees were spiked. Supposedly, she wasn't involved with the actual spiking.