And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
That's why I think the other institutions have to make it happen. What if Nike moved all it's production to El Salvador and Honduras?? Or Apple, or ..... You think we'll need a wall after that?? You don't have to treat symptoms if there is no disease.
I do not think people that would be affected by a wall are trying to get to job interviews at corporate America.

Nov 6, 2010
I do not think people that would be affected by a wall are trying to get to job interviews at corporate America.
They are absolutely affected by decisions made in corporate America. I know these people, and mostly they love their homeland, they just have no means to make a living. Seems a ready made partnership for our corporations that need cheap labor.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
There’s a special place in hell for me. I shouldn’t have posted that. I have a kid with a minor case of strabismus.

Still, I laugh when I think of an incident in high school. Our substitute teacher had a horrendous “lazy eye.” She was getting onto one of my friends. He stared at her for a few seconds, then asked, “Are you talking to me?” The whole class lost it. The thing is, he was a super nice guy and was honestly asking the question. He couldn’t tell who she was looking at and chiding.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
They are absolutely affected by decisions made in corporate America. I know these people, and mostly they love their homeland, they just have no means to make a living. Seems a ready made partnership for our corporations that need cheap labor.
"Our" corporations are already doing this. The Nikes and Apples of the corporate world much prefer slave labor wages in Asia to paying more in Central America.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
well if they won't even attempt to treat the symptom...then what ever makes you think they would ever try to stop the disease ?
That's why I think the other institutions have to make it happen. What if Nike moved all it's production to El Salvador and Honduras?? Or Apple, or ..... You think we'll need a wall after that?? You don't have to treat symptoms if there is no disease.
That might be a good idea to help with poverty in urban areas in America. Companies help out students and schools and give scholarships to college (or trade schools) to students that work hard, in exchange for a guaranteed 4 year job when they are done. Have them invest in Americans to help alleviate poverty.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think that is still treating the symptom rather than the disease. I am starting to agree that neither party really wants it stopped, so the solution IMO is other institutions. The two that I think have the highest potential to really fix it are the church and corporate america.
Tribalism is such a primitive concept, yet the world still basks in its primitive ways. Ok, I get that we have to have imaginary lines drawn on a piece of paper. But the only real solution is very simple. Automatically make every "illegal" immigrant an automatic citizen. That way they will immediately pay taxes on their income. Otherwise, the problem will remain forever so.
Nope, that won't help, there'd still be such a huge influx of people wanting the "American dream". With guaranteed citizenship they would flock here.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Tribalism is such a primitive concept, yet the world still basks in its primitive ways. Ok, I get that we have to have imaginary lines drawn on a piece of paper. But the only real solution is very simple. Automatically make every "illegal" immigrant an automatic citizen. That way they will immediately pay taxes on their income. Otherwise, the problem will remain forever so.
The problem with that theory is that open borders is doomed to end this country. bringing in 100 million people that would be on government assistance due to lack of skills and or lack of jobs would cripple this country. We can't just let everyone become a citizen, especially those with no discernable skills. The solution would be to force penalties on those countries that they are coming from. If they are in fact 'fearful' for their safety in those countries than we should use our influence to make them clean up their act to make their countries better.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Of course, once Trump decided he was gonna go down to the border, now the VP has promised to finally visit.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1407790564855062531?s=19

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Trump continues to insist the election was stolen, and just this week told an interviewer that he "never admitted defeat" and was "very disappointed that (Pence) didn't send it back to the legislatures."

By contrast, Pence acknowledged the "disappointment" of defeat in 2020.

"Now, I understand the disappointment many feel about the last election," he said. "I can relate. I was on the ballot. But you know, there's more at stake than our party and our political fortunes in this moment. If we lose faith in the Constitution, we won't just lose elections -- we'll lose our country."

Aug 16, 2012

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
This is the sort of nonsense that is nothing short of political BS and clickbait journalism. Some higher up is going to be charged with accepting use of a penthouse without reporting it. Who gives a flying F. All the posturing, endless drains on district budgets....and they found some guy with a pissant tax issue
easy there little buckaroo...take a deep breath...it's still news worthy....btw, trump agrees with you:

"Mr Trump and his allies have said the investigations are politically motivated."

Daniel Goldman, who was lead lawyer in the US House of Representatives for the first impeachment of Mr Trump in 2019, tweeted that the indictment could spur lenders to call in their loans, driving the Trump Organization to bankruptcy.

Aug 16, 2012
easy there little buckaroo...take a deep breath...it's still news worthy....btw, trump agrees with you:

"Mr Trump and his allies have said the investigations are politically motivated."

Daniel Goldman, who was lead lawyer in the US House of Representatives for the first impeachment of Mr Trump in 2019, tweeted that the indictment could spur lenders to call in their loans, driving the Trump Organization to bankruptcy.
This is not even remotely newsworthy. The practice happens in corporate America a hundred times a day. A quote from the guy who proved nothing but aptly illustrated to the world how the first impeachment process was a sham somehow validates the speculation? What? No available quotes from Schiff or Pelosi available? Yawn......

Btw, I could give a rat's ass what trump says. I have been clear on here I think he is a troublemaking idiot. What needs to be addressed are those who waste everyone's time on these tds vendettas. Time to move on to more constructive pursuits, little buckaroo

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
This is not even remotely newsworthy. The practice happens in corporate America a hundred times a day. A quote from the guy who proved nothing but aptly illustrated to the world how the first impeachment process was a sham somehow validates the speculation? What? No available quotes from Schiff or Pelosi available? Yawn......

Btw, I could give a rat's ass what trump says. I have been clear on here I think he is a troublemaking idiot. What needs to be addressed are those who waste everyone's time on these tds vendettas. Time to move on to more constructive pursuits, little buckaroo
it's not newsworthy to you, but it is on front page of BBC, USAToday, NPR, CNN, FoxNews, etc. (it is not newsworthy to OAN, so there you go...)
and don't call me little buckaroo, I called you that first, you have to come up with your own name to call me...that's like saying, "I know you are but what am I?"

Aug 16, 2012
it's not newsworthy to you, but it is on front page of BBC, USAToday, NPR, CNN, FoxNews, etc. (it is not newsworthy to OAN, so there you go...)
and don't call me little buckaroo, I called you that first, you have to come up with your own name to call me...that's like saying, "I know you are but what am I?"
OK, I will go with clueless then as that aptly fits your myopic understanding of what gets published today.