And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2010
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1403884163892080643?s=19
I suspect they already are. I have a ranch customer on the border and it is insane. They deal with it every day and have been there for over 20 years. He tells me that for the first time they are greatly concerned for the safety of their family and their hired help. For the record, he says that traffic across his ranch essentially stopped under Trump.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I suspect they already are. I have a ranch customer on the border and it is insane. They deal with it every day and have been there for over 20 years. He tells me that for the first time they are greatly concerned for the safety of their family and their hired help. For the record, he says that traffic across his ranch essentially stopped under Trump.
Trump did the right thing !

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Interesting that in 2006, the House voted 283-138 and the US Senate voted 80-19 to pass the Secure Fence Act, but now it is a partisan issue...

Sep 3, 2010
Interesting that in 2006, the House voted 283-138 and the US Senate voted 80-19 to pass the Secure Fence Act, but now it is a partisan issue...
Things became somewhat more partisan with the election in 2008. Every time someone says "Obama is the worst President in history" Biden says "Hold my beer".

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I'm curious here on OP how many of you would feel safe, comfortable, and secure if every day people they don't know were trespassing/camping/leaving trash and garbage in their nice suburban yard and you feared for your property and safety of your family. Or would you want it stopped?

Or, are you ok with it being someone else's problem to deal with and if in fact you might even be encouraging it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It's historically been an issue. You have to ask the question, do politicians (of either party) really want it to go away? Or does it give them and issue to kick around for votes/political donations?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's historically been an issue. You have to ask the question, do politicians (of either party) really want it to go away? Or does it give them and issue to kick around for votes/political donations?
come on man. You know NEITHER party wants it to go away. It is a topic that creates votes for both parties and they aren't going to solve a problem that is creating new votes for them.

IF they REALLY wanted this stuff to go away, then they would ramp up the court system, hire more lawyers and hire more immigration judges at the border. The current backlog for Each and Every immigration Judge is around 300 years long.

They should invest in the Legal infrastructure required by the current Law to process immigrants and refugees seeking asylum in an expedient and efficient manner.

This would end the need for holding and detaining immigrants and completely remove the need to release illegal immigrants into the US with a court date and expecting them to show up to that.

There is a REAL answer for this and it is investing in enough infrastructure to support the current laws and getting deportation hearings down to 2-3 days instead of 3-4 YEARS

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
come on man. You know NEITHER party wants it to go away. It is a topic that creates votes for both parties and they aren't going to solve a problem that is creating new votes for them.

IF they REALLY wanted this stuff to go away, then they would ramp up the court system, hire more lawyers and hire more immigration judges at the border. The current backlog for Each and Every immigration Judge is around 300 years long.

They should invest in the Legal infrastructure required by the current Law to process immigrants and refugees seeking asylum in an expedient and efficient manner.

This would end the need for holding and detaining immigrants and completely remove the need to release illegal immigrants into the US with a court date and expecting them to show up to that.

There is a REAL answer for this and it is investing in enough infrastructure to support the current laws and getting deportation hearings down to 2-3 days instead of 3-4 YEARS
I think that is still treating the symptom rather than the disease. I am starting to agree that neither party really wants it stopped, so the solution IMO is other institutions. The two that I think have the highest potential to really fix it are the church and corporate america.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think that is still treating the symptom rather than the disease. I am starting to agree that neither party really wants it stopped, so the solution IMO is other institutions. The two that I think have the highest potential to really fix it are the church and corporate america.
well if they won't even attempt to treat the symptom...then what ever makes you think they would ever try to stop the disease ?

Nov 6, 2010
well if they won't even attempt to treat the symptom...then what ever makes you think they would ever try to stop the disease ?
That's why I think the other institutions have to make it happen. What if Nike moved all it's production to El Salvador and Honduras?? Or Apple, or ..... You think we'll need a wall after that?? You don't have to treat symptoms if there is no disease.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Tribalism is such a primitive concept, yet the world still basks in its primitive ways. Ok, I get that we have to have imaginary lines drawn on a piece of paper. But the only real solution is very simple. Automatically make every "illegal" immigrant an automatic citizen. That way they will immediately pay taxes on their income. Otherwise, the problem will remain forever so.