And you thought it was Trump.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How many Democrats who publicly claimed they had evidence of Trump/Russia collusion (which led to an investigation) when put under oath in truth had no evidence of collusion? All of them?
This 'whataboutism' is my favorite because it in no way correlates to anything @Binman4OSU posted. These are emails FROM state senators. Not 'someone overheard'. Not 'I think this happened'. It's actual emails.

What's happening in my state is a disgusting abuse of power from the far right of our state senate. If this was reversed there would have already been an armed uprising, but the Trump supporters are so into their cult they think it's a good thing. NONE of you in Oklahoma would tolerate this from Democrats. NONE of you.

Mar 11, 2006
This 'whataboutism' is my favorite because it in no way correlates to anything @Binman4OSU posted. These are emails FROM state senators. Not 'someone overheard'. Not 'I think this happened'. It's actual emails.

What's happening in my state is a disgusting abuse of power from the far right of our state senate. If this was reversed there would have already been an armed uprising, but the Trump supporters are so into their cult they think it's a good thing. NONE of you in Oklahoma would tolerate this from Democrats. NONE of you.
While the story has excerpts from emails that are stupid ...they certainly don't show anything remotely illegal, corrupt, or someone using their power to influence. The story is about emails that happened right after the election in 2020.

I would agree that no taxpayer dollars should be spent on a recount and that the group auditing the new recount is causing more harm than good. But this is the world we live in and the bed politicians have made. If you want to call it "whataboutism" fine, but the fact is our country has made it known history that the losing side has certain groups that fight the result of the election. Calling an election fraudulent without much evidence made Stacey Abrams a star in many circles. Hillary Clinton said just last fall of the 2016 election that "there is widespread understanding the election was not on the level. And we still don't really know what happened"....Trump's puppets are just taking that sore loser mentality to another level.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Hillary Clinton said just last fall of the 2016 election that "there is widespread understanding the election was not on the level. And we still don't really know what happened"....Trump's puppets are just taking that sore loser mentality to another level.
There hasn't been any special counsel appointed or swat team raids on homes yet....

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The future of the GOP is Trump

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1403090089744416775
To be fair this is an issue for the next 5 years or so. The dude is a walking heart attack. It won't be that long before he has a stroke and the GOP can get back to normal politics. There are going to be a couple of years where the crazies are convinced it was a hit on an overweight 70something male who preferred Burger King over jogging but that will die down quickly.

Trump as a politician is done. The rational people are just waiting to piss on his ashes.

Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Maybe, maybe not. If he's guilty so be it. If he's not, a lot of people spent a lot of time pitching fits, calling names, and running around with their hair on fire. Don't like him, wouldn't vote for him again (2nd election) and think he's a total ass, but I was always taught only an idiot trips over what's behind them. No skin off my nose either way.

I'd wager CNN would love to have him back since the only headline they can manage is the return of a Zoom jerk off pervert.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
To be fair this is an issue for the next 5 years or so. The dude is a walking heart attack. It won't be that long before he has a stroke and the GOP can get back to normal politics. There are going to be a couple of years where the crazies are convinced it was a hit on an overweight 70something male who preferred Burger King over jogging but that will die down quickly.

Trump as a politician is done. The rational people are just waiting to piss on his ashes.
Boys and Girls its time to get back to work and quit fighting amoung yourselves !

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
China Joe's foreign disaster....

Calls Syria by Libya three different times

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson actually "shushing" him twice while other foreign leaders laughed

Got scolded by his wife for not paying attention

Announced to the world that his team didn't like it when he answered questions (it's obvious why)

And may have made a deal with Russia to swap innocent people for guilty people

It's amazing anyone wants this clown speaking on their behalf!!!

Jan 3, 2014
Trump Pressed The Justice Department To Reverse The Election Results, Documents Show

NPR

A batch of emails released by the Democrats on the House Oversight Committee appears to paint a clearer picture of how former President Donald Trump and his allies attempted to pressure the U.S. Justice Department to investigate unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud in the 2020 election.
The 232 pages of documents detail the unprecedented pressure campaign Trump, along with his chief of staff and other allies, conducted to get senior officials at the Justice Department to challenge the results of the election in the face of Trump's loss to Democrat Joe Biden.
In one example, Trump directed sham claims of voter fraud to then-Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen less than an hour before the president tweeted that Attorney General William Barr — who publicly stated that there was not evidence of widespread election fraud — would be stepping down and replaced by Rosen.
The newly released emails also highlight multiple conspiracy theories surrounding election fraud pushed by then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. On Dec. 30, 2020, Meadows emailed Rosen a translation of a document that alleged there was a plot in which U.S. election data was altered in Italian facilities and loaded onto "military satellites" and that Trump was "clearly the winner."