American Style Democracy vs. Pizza

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
Was this a problem for you before 2016?
I've felt it was weird since I was in 3rd grade and I learned about the Electoral College.

It's like having a leak in your roof while living in the desert. It's not a high priority problem, but you would think everyone realizes it should be fixed

I understand it's in the constitution. I get it. But there are also amendments for reasons.

I am not sure why any supporter of majority rule wouldn't want the presidential candidate who received the most human votes to win. I believe humans are more important than states.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I've felt it was weird since I was in 3rd grade and I learned about the Electoral College.

It's like having a leak in your roof while living in the desert. It's not a high priority problem, but you would think everyone realizes it should be fixed

I understand it's in the constitution. I get it. But there are also amendments for reasons.

I am not sure why any supporter of majority rule wouldn't want the presidential candidate who received the most human votes to win. I believe humans are more important than states.
Who the hell believes in "majority rule?"

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

So you're a proponent of Federal Laws only and don't believe in State Laws?
You'd be okay with voters in NY or Calif having more say so over regulations in Oklahoma than Oklahomans?
Are there any Federal Laws/Regulations etc... determined by popular vote?

Feb 25, 2008
Liz is paired with Mike and John to help equal out what Ed, Ann and Ty and there many cohorts might try to force down Liz's throat.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
You'd be okay with voters in NY or Calif having more say so over regulations in Oklahoma than Oklahomans?
No, I believe in localized control over state issues, so long as basic human rights are being followed.

For example, if people in Oregon all got on board with enslaving left handed people. We as a country should intervene.

Very few laws are determined by initiative questions. Those are more the outliers than the norms.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No, I believe in localized control over state issues, so long as basic human rights are being followed.

For example, if people in Oregon all got on board with enslaving left handed people. We as a country should intervene.

Very few laws are determined by initiative questions. Those are more the outliers than the norms.
I guess you’re not following. You are not subject to any federal laws or regulations that are enacted by popular vote. States, not citizens are represented in the Legislative and Executive Branches of Government. Electing the President based on popular vote completely guts the basis of and process by which federal laws and regulations are passed, enacted and administered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Here’s the other deal that never gets mentioned, but is clearly front and center.

If the President was elected by popular vote, he could only be removed (impeached) by States’ votes. How could the popular vote ever be appropriately and justly represented in an impeachment process?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Here’s the other deal that never gets mentioned, but is clearly front and center.

If the President was elected by popular vote, he could only be removed (impeached) by States’ votes. How could the popular vote ever be appropriately and justly represented in an impeachment process?

Please don't give the left any ideas.... we'll end up with recall elections every single November.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I have one question for those that disagree with the electoral college. Do you at least agree that it should only be changed via a constitutional amendment? Or would you stand up and cheer an attempt by Dems to get it changed with a simple congressional majority vote. I'm just curious if you only have a problem with a representative republic in general or if you have a problem with our constitution specifically.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Was this a problem for you before 2016?

Do you want to do away with the Senate or house?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk