all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Plus people that are frustrated with Hofmeister.
Why? Because she changed the letter in front of her name a few months ago? You have arguably the most corrupt governor running for reelection and considering the corrupt governors the state has seen dating back to the Boren years that says alot but party over state I guess. Have fun with him lining his pockets the next four years

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
Why? Because she changed the letter in front of her name a few months ago? You have arguably the most corrupt governor running for reelection and considering the corrupt governors the state has seen dating back to the Boren years that says alot but party over state I guess. Have fun with him lining his pockets the next four years
Why? Because she was completely ineffective and showed that she was WAY over her head as State Superintendent.

I don’t at all believe Hofmeister is corrupt or “an extreme liberal” that 3rd party attack ads claim against her… but she has proven to be a do-nothing non-leader that struggles leading with important issues. There is a reason that many teachers in her home-town local school district are not supporting her.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The previous posts make it all the more irritating he's going to wind up reelected based primarily on straight party voters and MAGA mindsets...
Well, I'll aggravate Republicans that straight party voting is still legal by voting straight Democrat on Tuesday. Long gone are the good old days when it was quite easy to vote for Reagan and Bellmon.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Joy is a nice-looking woman as pictured below and still looked strong and enthused after a long campaign. Her hometown campaign bus rolled into Stillwater Sunday afternoon, stopping at Boomer Lake Park. She gave a speech with her typical talking points. Two or three kill joys were there holding black and white jail bird anti-joy signs with one of them pictured near the middle of the 2nd photo. Only around 75 people showed up for the rally. Anyway, in Stillwater there are more yard signs up for Joy than for Stitt, so I hope that is a good sign for what's coming statewide.

joy.jpg
killjoy.jpg

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
People will vote pocketbook and think Stitt is better. But Walters is just a nut job and people know it.
I don't see how voting for your pocketbook at the state level has much to do with voting for Republicans, especially at the state level. Oklahoma Republicans didn't vote to reduce the gas tax as a few other states did. Gov. Stitt wanted repeal of the Oklahoma sales tax on food, but Senate Republican leadership canceled out doing that during a special session. After being in power for over a decade, Republicans still place doing that at a very low priority. Instead, they made you pay 3 cents more on gas tax. Yeah, give Republicans credit for slightly cutting state income tax. But one cut was untimely and caused budget disaster with public school cuts.

Voting for your pocketbook in Oklahoma more like means all 7 Congress people will easily win elections, even though Republicans offer no ideas to combat inflation in their campaign ads.

As before, I think whether Walters will win depends on how much rural voters think they can take advantage of the proposed voucher system, in other words, persuading local church pastors to turning their Sunday school rooms into M-F private religious schools. If they think they can, Walters being a nut job is irrelevant.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Mike Turpen said on KFOR's Flashpoint, "Hear me now believe me later, it's going to be a major upset...Tulsa World just came out for Joy Hofmeister...she wants to bring the state together." He also thinks Nelson will win. The Republican co-host on the show said Stitt will win by just a sliver, possibly getting under 50% of the vote. He complained that Stitt wouldn't come on the program. He wouldn't predict on Walters/Nelson.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
75% reporting and Stitt has had a steady 15-16% lead for a while. I’d be surprised if it is not called soon.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
75% reporting and Stitt has had a steady 15-16% lead for a while. I’d be surprised if it is not called soon.
Right. NBC called it for Stitt. Walters is quite comfortably ahead, too. So, it looks like Oklahoma has a big mandate to promote private schools, if the state senate is willing to cooperate.

Corruption, incompetence, political cronyism and far right extremism will continue to rule.

Nov 18, 2011
ABC news has projected Stitt the winner. Wasn’t even close. The tribes threw a bunch of money down the drain. Also, so much for those polls the local media was touting.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
ABC news has projected Stitt the winner. Wasn’t even close. The tribes threw a bunch of money down the drain. Also, so much for those polls the local media was touting.
I don't think anyone genuinely thought those were anything more than hopeful optimism.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Right. NBC called it for Stitt. Walters is quite comfortably ahead, too. So, it looks like Oklahoma has a big mandate to promote private schools, if the state senate is willing to cooperate.

Corruption, incompetence, political cronyism and far right extremism will continue to rule.
Stitt is not the first scumbag to rule this state. David Hall and David Walters come to mind. Let's not act like this is some kind of revelation.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
I don't think anyone genuinely thought those were anything more than hopeful optimism.
I am not being political here.

But there were a couple of local media polls that actually showed Hofmeister leading recently as the end of last week. To go from Hofmeinter up by 1% to Stitt winning by 15% was a complete failure of polling. There is no way a real scientific apolitical poll would miss by such a large margin.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
Hofmeister gave a very classy concession speech. I hope all candidates that don’t win tonight follow what she did.