all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Ok it involves foundations, big personalities, the race for governor and state supt. There are lots of players in the game that make it amazingly complicated. It boils down to partisan politics that should never show up in running a school district. Both Stitt and Hofmeister and their supporters have crossed the line they should never cross.
Very true!

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Are you saying the two TPS board members who are African-American female Democrats are strong Stitt supporters? If that is true, that is news to me.

And if true, maybe that should tell you how bad they think of Hofmeister and Dr Gist.

Edit: One is a registered Democrat and one is a registered Republican.
ok maybe supporters was bad wording, but do you know for a fact that these two women are democrats? (just saw your edited post) and I can have a bad opinion of someone regardless of their political affiliation (just like these two women have an opinion of their supt.)

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
well that certainly clears it up...is this a fact or your opinion? any sources?
Tulsa World, there was $20,000 that was misspent. Gist said it was such an insignificant amount there should be no concern. That's why the state auditors office looking into the matter is happening. Will anything be found who knows.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Stitt hired Chambers and is chair of this commission

OSBI launches probe into Commissioners of the Land Office
2 hours ago
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has launched a criminal probe into the Commissioners of the Land Office amid allegations that the state agency misspent public funds and that its top official abused his position, the Tulsa World reported Wednesday.

The newspaper reported in June that the CLO’S secretary, Elliot Chambers, fired the agency’s internal auditor after she questioned him about his personal investment relationship with Victorum Capital, which was being paid by the CLO as a consultant on investments.

The CLO oversees $2.7 billion in real estate and other investments to support public education.

The agency later settled with the internal auditor, giving her back pay in a lump sum payment of about $25,000 and paying her attorney $15,000.

Chambers announced earlier this month that he was resigning Aug. 3.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Tulsa World, there was $20,000 that was misspent. Gist said it was such an insignificant amount there should be no concern. That's why the state auditors office looking into the matter is happening. Will anything be found who knows.
TPS: Contract mismanagement found in talent department

(letter to board):
Dear board members,

I am writing to let you know that we recently identified an issue within the talent department related to the management of a contractor. Based on our early observations, we engaged an independent party to complete a deeper assessment.

Though the issue we identified does not appear to involve a substantial dollar amount, our response was swift, transparent, and appropriate.

I have taken the following steps:

• First, I took the necessary personnel action.
  • Second, I sought the counsel of the District Attorney.
  • Third, I notified our board leadership -- President Stacey Woolley and Vice President John Croisant. We stand united in our commitment to transparency and the importance of a swift response.
The situation is under review, and I am limited in what I can share. While I believe that I have provided all the details I can at this time, please feel free to contact me with questions.

Best,

Deborah

The person involved in the matter no longer works for the school district. At this time, it is unclear how long the independent review will take.

I do agree with your last sentence though...

Mar 11, 2006
Stitt hired Chambers and is chair of this commission

OSBI launches probe into Commissioners of the Land Office
2 hours ago
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has launched a criminal probe into the Commissioners of the Land Office amid allegations that the state agency misspent public funds and that its top official abused his position, the Tulsa World reported Wednesday.

The newspaper reported in June that the CLO’S secretary, Elliot Chambers, fired the agency’s internal auditor after she questioned him about his personal investment relationship with Victorum Capital, which was being paid by the CLO as a consultant on investments.

The CLO oversees $2.7 billion in real estate and other investments to support public education.

The agency later settled with the internal auditor, giving her back pay in a lump sum payment of about $25,000 and paying her attorney $15,000.

Chambers announced earlier this month that he was resigning Aug. 3.
I think the full article has this nugget, but the person that referred this to be investigated was ….. Joy Hofmeister.

Which if there was actual abuse of public funds —- good for her. But, I think it is fair to give it a hmmm.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I have no idea if they support Stitt or Hofmeister.

I think the full article has this nugget, but the person that referred this to be investigated was ….. Joy Hofmeister.

Which if there was actual abuse of public funds —- good for her. But, I think it is fair to give it a hmmm.
Is that why he fired the IA and is now resigning?

Generally don't see those moves happen BEFORE an investigation brought about via politics happens

This is investigation AFTER the discovery of possible criminal activity that was found by an internal auditor...that's not political and should never have to wait to be investigated until someone calls for it

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Is that why he fired the IA and is now resigning?

Generally don't see those moves happen BEFORE an investigation brought about via politics happens

This is investigation AFTER the discovery of possible criminal activity that was found by an internal auditor...that's not political and should never have to wait to be investigated until someone calls for it
The next shoe to drop in that deal is the attempt to turn the School Land Commission into a venture equity fund. There was a move earlier this spring to open up the investment rules by the Commission. Hoffmeister was to busy to show up for that meeting. They have reduced the funding amount to schools out of the Commission by $15,000,000 a year.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The next shoe to drop in that deal is the attempt to turn the School Land Commission into a venture equity fund. There was a move earlier this spring to open up the investment rules by the Commission. Hoffmeister was to busy to show up for that meeting. They have reduced the funding amount to schools out of the Commission by $15,000,000 a year.
Both Joy and Stitt have an end game of greatly reducing/eliminating public education in Oklahoma and replace it with publicly funded private Christan schools

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Both Joy and Stitt have an end game of greatly reducing/eliminating public education in Oklahoma and replace it with publicly funded private Christan schools
Nope. Hoffmeister is a true blood believer in the bureaucracy. She switched to republican to primary barresi. Who was going to clean that place out. Hoffmeister is a sandy Garrett crony

Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/KTULNews/status/1549822990640111617
Glad they completed this audit. There is no doubt, IMO, that funds were not spent effectively.

Question is --- at least as it pertains to the Governor race ---- who gets the blame Stitt or Hofmeister? I would guess the answer is probably both --- but one of them will be Governor.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yeah, just turn church Sunday school rooms into regular school M-F. There is no need to spend millions to build new private schools. But most rural legislators don't support public money being siphoned off to do that.