all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
still not quite as 'entertaining/sad' as the '91 Louisiana governor race between Edwards (the crook) and Duke (the white supremacist)...the crook won...
Edward actually had bumper stickers that said, “Vote for the crook….it’s important!”

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
[

Me, my wife, and her educator colleagues are not voting for her because in our opinion she was an ineffective State Superintendent, but I don’t at all believe those charges had merit (maybe I am being naive).

I am not a fan of her as a leader, but in all my interactions with her, I have never witnessed her being unethical or dishonest.
Stitt's seems to be your guy if you want public school dollars directed to private schools which may include religious ones. But the state supreme court may say that goes against the Oklahoma state constitution. If true, then Republicans will have to try to get the people to vote on a state question to modify the state constitution.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Stitt's seems to be your guy if you want public school dollars directed to private schools which may include religious ones. But the state supreme court may say that goes against the Oklahoma state constitution. If true, then Republicans will have to try to get the people to vote on a state question to modify the state constitution.
The big Supremes have already cleared that hurdle for school choice

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Investment group warns that Oklahoma abortion laws could hurt business recruitment and economic development. However, Oklahoma lawmakers shrug off such concerns, saying that if there’s an economic price to pay for protecting unborn life, Oklahomans are willing to pay it.

Good grief, I highly doubt most of the local chambers of commerce, along with the majority of Oklahomans, would believe extreme abortion ban laws are worth losing new and current businesses over. Oklahoma, due to its bad image, suffers enough from lack of major industry and business, along with high paying jobs they may bring. If Oklahoma loses the Panasonic plant, I think we'll know why.
So, Oklahoma does lose the Panasonic plant. Things still aren't going well for Gov. Stitt. I hope Joy will attack Stitt for this loss. It will help make more Oklahomans who are interested in politics and voting know what Oklahoma lost.

Panasonic to build EV battery plant for Tesla in U.S. state of Kansas - Nikkei Asia

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
He will still win re-election in a landslide. He will probably come out and say something like "Panasonic is a woke company driven by radical leftist ideals; we are better off without them. Joe Biden sucks and the tribes are ruining Oklahoma. Vote for me."
I'm sure Stitt will win in a big landslide in most of the rural areas, especially in the western half of Oklahoma. But I expect urban areas to come out strongly enough against Stitt to hopefully overcome the rural vote. After all, the Tulsa area lost big by not landing Panasonic.

Mar 11, 2006
It was considered in Kansas, too, and Kansas won out.

I gather you still have hope in Stitt making Oklahoma a Top Ten state, such as excelling in support of education.
Well, he is running against the person who has led Education in our state for the past several years.

edit: speaking of Education, there is a LOT of drama coming from Tulsa Public Schools. Three board members walked out of a board meeting with TPS Superintendent Dr. Gist. Board members are calling for her resignation. It would be very good news, IMO, to get Dr. Gist out of her position.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
At least there is a positive spin to the Panasonic loss.

Kansas selected for battery plant, Panasonic purportedly considering Oklahoma for second factory (nondoc.com)

FROM ARTICLE: “This is not the end of the governor’s strategy to make Oklahoma a top 10 state for business, and Oklahomans would be wise to not count us out just yet.”

But CNBC's 2022 ranking of the best states for business came out today and Oklahoma only ranks no. 38. Last year it was 32. So, Stitt is slipping and still has a long way to go.

Last edited:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Well, he is running against the person who has led Education in our state for the past several years.

edit: speaking of Education, there is a LOT of drama coming from Tulsa Public Schools. Three board members walked out of a board meeting with TPS Superintendent Dr. Gist. Board members are calling for her resignation. It would be very good news, IMO, to get Dr. Gist out of her position.
curious as to why you think this way...I have tried to "catch up" on this situation, but do not have enough information...my initial reaction is stitt and walters are just mad at gist and causing $&%! and three board members are strong walters and stitt supporters and are blindly following their lead...(my uneducated view)

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
curious as to why you think this way...I have tried to "catch up" on this situation, but do not have enough information...my initial reaction is stitt and walters are just mad at gist and causing $&%! and three board members are strong walters and stitt supporters and are blindly following their lead...(my uneducated view)
It's a lot deeper than that. There's all kinds of crap spinning around all the Tulsa school deal.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Shes stealing money

Mar 11, 2006
Are you saying the two TPS board members who are African-American female Democrats are strong Stitt supporters? If that is true, that is news to me.

And if true, maybe that should tell you how bad they think of Hofmeister and Dr Gist.

Edit: One is a registered Democrat and one is a registered Republican.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I assumed that, but your reply helps clear up nothing...
Ok it involves foundations, big personalities, the race for governor and state supt. There are lots of players in the game that make it amazingly complicated. It boils down to partisan politics that should never show up in running a school district. Both Stitt and Hofmeister and their supporters have crossed the line they should never cross.