all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Stitt is speaking for Christian rural Oklahomans. They are a proud, tough and independent bunch used to living with fewer choices. They can be wary and skeptical of help from the government. Nearly all the rural counties voted NO to extended Medicaid. They are quite likely most anti-abortion. So, I don't think incumbent Republicans from there have to worry about their anti-abortion votes. If anything, I bet their challengers thought the incumbents failed to legislate far enough to the crazy right.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Stitt is speaking for Christian rural Oklahomans. They are a proud, tough and independent bunch used to living with fewer choices. They can be wary and skeptical of help from the government. Nearly all the rural counties voted NO to extended Medicaid. They are quite likely most anti-abortion. So, I don't think incumbent Republicans from there have to worry about their anti-abortion votes. If anything, I bet their challengers thought the incumbents failed to legislate far enough to the crazy right.
Wow, suburban/urban painting with a big old brush of moral superiority right there fellers. I realize it's easy to believe every rural voter is backwards, but couldn't you at least quit vilifying us?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Wow, suburban/urban painting with a big old brush of moral superiority right there fellers. I realize it's easy to believe every rural voter is backwards, but couldn't you at least quit vilifying us?
For most of us from Tulsa, OKC, or one of the Texas metros, Stillwater is rural. Showing my bias here, I thought he was talking about the kinds of places he's from given his name.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
For most of us from Tulsa, OKC, or one of the Texas metros, Stillwater is rural. Showing my bias here, I thought he was talking about the kinds of places he's from given his name.
Except Stillwater is very left of center compared to the rest of the state. So his diatribe is dumb.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Following his moniker, the townies weren't at least when I was in school. It was one of the reasons for a rift between townies and people affiliated with the university.
Trish ranson is a prime example. She was Kamala before Kamala. Except not only is she bad, she’s a complete fool. The bad thing is she was a teacher. That’s why she won too.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Here we go again:

Gov. Stitt: Oklahoma lands company that could employ thousands

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — Gov. Kevin Stitt said Oklahoma has landed a company that could employ thousands in the state.

Stitt provided updates on Wednesday on plans to lure a major company into the state. Stitt said the state landed a company that could employ 2,000 people but isn't saying what the company is.

"We're not going to release the name yet. They're still kind of doing board approval and all that," Stitt said. "We're calling it Project Ocean, but we're optimistic that we'll get it."

The Lead Act is a $700 million incentive program meant to draw large companies to Oklahoma.

It has been long speculated that this company is Panasonic, which has wanted to build a battery plant in the U.S.

The Lead Act, which would bring incentives for a big company to come to Oklahoma, is on track to pass.

Kansas is also in the running to land Panasonic's battery plant.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Like it or not, the political differences between rural and urban Oklahoma can be startling. Nearly all of the northwest Oklahoma counties voted no on SQ 788. Most of the rural counties in the western half of Oklahoma voted NO.

Because they're tired of urban voters forcing their will on them, rural Oklahomans want to make it even harder to successfully get enough signatures for a petition to vote on a question. I don't know if all the bills proposing that are dead or not. Modifying petition requirements would require a vote of the people.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Like it or not, the political differences between rural and urban Oklahoma can be startling. Nearly all of the northwest Oklahoma counties voted no on SQ 788. Most of the rural counties in the western half of Oklahoma voted NO.

Because they're tired of urban voters forcing their will on them, rural Oklahomans want to make it even harder to succiessfully get enough signatures for a petition to vote on a question. I don't know if all the bills proposing that are dead or not. Modifying petition requirements would require a vote of the people.
I can't disagree with that. I'm fairly moderate but it frightens me when I hear some of the stuff my more urban/suburban neighbors say.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
No. She’s an idiot. Her iq is below 70 and she was elected simply because she was a teacher.
I’ll second that. Back when schools starting shutting down I emailed her and asked for help getting kids back in school. Basically her answer was there is nothing the legislature can do because Stitt won’t take the lead and leaving all decisions up to the local school boards. When the legislature did start trying to pass bills to limit local control she was then on the local radio crying about how the state is taking control from local school boards.