all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I hope so.

I've been saying that Stitt is clear sleaze and has run the state in a shocking way since he started despite some very loyal defenders here. I hope everything comes out but I'm not that confident.

Even if shown to be the criminal that I am confident he is, he'll still probably be reelected.
You think it’s new is what’s funny. Everything that can be said about stitt. Which. Don’t approve, can be said about Fallon and Henry. I’m sure it goes back further but I can’t speak to it. I can for those 2. Pure sleaze.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
You think it’s new is what’s funny. Everything that can be said about stitt. Which. Don’t approve, can be said about Fallon and Henry. I’m sure it goes back further but I can’t speak to it. I can for those 2. Pure sleaze.
I am not saying/thinking it is all new. But, nope, I fully disagree that it is all just the same old stuff. I have someone close to me that was quite high up in a state agency with many decades of experience and in a position with lots of access. Stitt's antics are on another level. I have heard the differences in great detail.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The greatest combined fleecing of the state was accomplished by Henry, Keating and Walters. Their combined wind system legislation tax structures and corporate give away is going to break a lot of counties and schools. The lack of foresight is astounding.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I am not saying/thinking it is all new. But, nope, I fully disagree that it is all just the same old stuff. I have someone close to me that was quite high up in a state agency with many decades of experience and in a position with lots of access. Stitt's antics are on another level. I have heard the differences in great detail.
They are not correct. It just got them fired. Henry and Fallon were far worse.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
They are not correct. It just got them fired. Henry and Fallon were far worse.
Please, don't be a know-it-all when you have no clue since it isn't your story, I told no details, you don't know the person, and are in absolutely no position to make that arrogant statement. You are wrong. You are not in a position to know what happened in every agency in the state even though you act like you do. I will bet you every dollar I have that you are 100% wrong. Or, any amount up to what I have because I know for certain you are wrong. Willing?

The person was not fired. It is completely different than the issues of the prior governors. Who is "worse" is a subjective opinion. The issues I am talking about have not happened with prior governors in our adult lifetimes. The end.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Please, don't be a know-it-all when you have no clue since it isn't your story, I told no details, you don't know the person, and are in absolutely no position to make that arrogant statement. You are wrong. You are not in a position to know what happened in every agency in the state even though you act like you do. I will bet you every dollar I have that you are 100% wrong. Or, any amount up to what I have because I know for certain you are wrong. Willing?

The person was not fired. It is completely different than the issues of the prior governors. Who is "worse" is a subjective opinion. The issues I am talking about have not happened with prior governors in our adult lifetimes. The end.
I bet I do know the person.

Apr 14, 2009
Jerry Winchester is a O-State graduate and played football for O-State. His daughter played basketball for Oklahoma State graduating this year. Jerry has been president of the alumni Association and the O club. Which are strictly voluntary unpaid positions
He’s good people.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I don't know about this person, but I do know a couple people who know all three decently well and the opinions are consistently that Henry wasn't the hardest worker with mediocre foresight, Fallon was/is an absolute moron, and Stitt is sleazy and vindictive. They do not work in government.
Keating was in the league of asshole, sleazy and vindictive.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Jerry Winchester is a O-State graduate and played football for O-State. His daughter played basketball for Oklahoma State graduating this year. Jerry has been president of the alumni Association and the O club. Which are strictly voluntary unpaid positions
He’s good people.
You are correct, Jerry is a good guy caught in a bad deal with not so good people.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Look at it this way, due to the fine work of Keating, Walters, and Henry we now have over $3,200,000,000 in property tax protests. It's not just wind, it's oil and gas as well. The biggest hit came during Fallon's administration. It's in front of the Supreme Court now.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Look at it this way, due to the fine work of Keating, Walters, and Henry we now have over $3,200,000,000 in property tax protests. It's not just wind, it's oil and gas as well. The biggest hit came during Fallon's administration. It's in front of the Supreme Court now.
Just wait until Stitt's fight with the tribes makes it to where the state can't collect taxes on native citizen's income. That is on its way through the court system because Stitt fought an already existing tax law.

It has always been that if you are employed by the tribe of which you are a citizen, you are exempt from state income tax. Stitt decided to fight that...the state isn't getting its fair share or something like that. Based on other recent rulings surrounding this, I wouldn't be surprised for the courts to rule that property and income tax can't be collected by the state. That would be devastating for the state budget.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Just wait until Stitt's fight with the tribes makes it to where the state can't collect taxes on native citizen's income. That is on its way through the court system because Stitt fought an already existing tax law.

It has always been that if you are employed by the tribe of which you are a citizen, you are exempt from state income tax. Stitt decided to fight that...the state isn't getting its fair share or something like that. Based on other recent rulings surrounding this, I wouldn't be surprised for the courts to rule that property and income tax can't be collected by the state. That would be devastating for the state budget.
You speak truth, it's going to get complicated

Apr 14, 2009
Oklahoma’s governor problem?
It’s the be like Trump thing. Lots of that going on around the country. How about buying a rather large amount of a supposed Covid drug that doesn’t work on Covid.