all things stitt

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Kevin Stitt removes pesky doctors from Healthcare Authority board… the lost ogle

Over the weekend, the Oklahoma State Medical Association was up in arms after our esteemed Governor Kevin Stitt removed the only two physicians from the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority’s board of directors – Dr. Laura Shamblin and Dr. Jean Hausheer.
According to the OSMA, the removal comes not too long after the board voted against Stitt’s wishes. It also means there are currently no physicians serving on our Healthcare Authority’s board of directors, which in a way, is the most Oklahoma thing ever. I bet Stitt will probably replace them with his personal trainer and the “naturopath” who sells his wife essential oils.

Questions surround Stitt's decision to remove 2 doctors from Oklahoma Health Care Authority KOCO

Questions are swirling about why Gov. Kevin Stitt removed two doctors from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
The news about Stitt removing those two members — the only two medical doctors on that board — broke Saturday during a holiday weekend. Three major medical associations wrote to Stitt, asking him to reconsider.

Stitt removed Dr. Jean Hausheer and Dr. Laura Shamblin from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority board of directors.
The question, though, is why?
The Oklahoma State Medical Association accused the governor of playing politics, saying he only removed them because they voted against advancing his Medicaid privatization plan.
"The Health Care Authority's job is to oversee more than $2 billion taxpayer dollars and serve Oklahoma's most vulnerable citizens, not rubber-stamp a governor's political agenda," said Dr. George Monks, the OSMA's immediate past president.
Stitt's office told KOCO 5 on Tuesday that he's appointed Susan Dell-Osso, a former Integris official, and Geno DeMarco, his former personal protective equipment czar. A spokesperson did not answer the question of why the two doctors were removed.

Mar 11, 2006
Kevin Stitt removes pesky doctors from Healthcare Authority board… the lost ogle

Over the weekend, the Oklahoma State Medical Association was up in arms after our esteemed Governor Kevin Stitt removed the only two physicians from the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority’s board of directors – Dr. Laura Shamblin and Dr. Jean Hausheer.
According to the OSMA, the removal comes not too long after the board voted against Stitt’s wishes. It also means there are currently no physicians serving on our Healthcare Authority’s board of directors, which in a way, is the most Oklahoma thing ever. I bet Stitt will probably replace them with his personal trainer and the “naturopath” who sells his wife essential oils.

Questions surround Stitt's decision to remove 2 doctors from Oklahoma Health Care Authority KOCO

Questions are swirling about why Gov. Kevin Stitt removed two doctors from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
The news about Stitt removing those two members — the only two medical doctors on that board — broke Saturday during a holiday weekend. Three major medical associations wrote to Stitt, asking him to reconsider.

Stitt removed Dr. Jean Hausheer and Dr. Laura Shamblin from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority board of directors.
The Oklahoma State Medical Association accused the governor of playing politics, saying he only removed them because they voted against advancing his Medicaid privatization plan.
"The Health Care Authority's job is to oversee more than $2 billion taxpayer dollars and serve Oklahoma's most vulnerable citizens, not rubber-stamp a governor's political agenda," said Dr. George Monks, the OSMA's immediate past president.
Stitt's office told KOCO 5 on Tuesday that he's appointed Susan Dell-Osso, a former Integris official, and Geno DeMarco, his former personal protective equipment czar. A spokesperson did not answer the question of why the two doctors were removed.
Presidents and Governors often ask people to resign or have them removed from boards and jobs. Shoot, currently now on cnn.com there is an article about Biden demanding the resignation eleven people from a military service advisory board including a former General.

EDIT: Biden asked 18 people to resign today, or face termination, not 11.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa

Presidents and Governors often ask people to resign or have them removed from boards and jobs. Shoot, currently now on cnn.com there is an article about Biden demanding the resignation eleven people from a military service advisory board including a former General.

EDIT: Biden asked 18 people to resign today, or face termination, not 11.
Do you think Biden is a good president?

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Not the first time he's quietly removed people from boards for questionable reasons...
https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahom...ucation-board-member-with-enid-mask-opponent/
Governor Kevin Stitt quietly removed and replaced State Board of Education member Kurt Bollenback of Kingfisher and replaced him with an anti-mask activist from Enid this week.
Stitt had previously removed John Harrington, chairman of the Statewide Virtual Charter School Board, following some of the actions he took trying to hold Epic accountable.

Mar 11, 2006
Do you think Biden is a good president?
Do I think Biden removing people from their posts/jobs makes him a good or bad President? No.

Do I think Stitt removing people from their posts/jobs makes him a good or bad Governor? No.

Do I think virtually every President/Governor removes people and replaces them with others to further the agenda of the President/Governor? Absolutely.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Do I think Biden removing people from their posts/jobs makes him a good or bad President? No.

Do I think Stitt removing people from their posts/jobs makes him a good or bad Governor? No.

Do I think virtually every President/Governor removes people and replaces them with others to further the agenda of the President/Governor? Absolutely.
Good job white knighting for your boy Stitt by playing the whataboutism game.

Mar 11, 2006
Good job white knighting for your boy Stitt by playing the whataboutism game.
Bad job either truly not understanding that government leaders often remove people not named/placed by them or trying to act like what Stitt did is new.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Bad job either truly not understanding that government leaders often remove people not named/placed by them or trying to act like what Stitt did is new.
Maybe your example would fit if you could give examples of former Oklahoma governors removing people from the OHA directly after they voted against something that the governor wanted. The OSMA is a very conservative group and is directly opposed to this overstep. Randomly bringing up a different politician doing a different thing for probably far different reasons is pure white knighting. And, being that you are known for white knighting this governor every chance you get the shoe fits.
If voting your conscience on a Health Care Authority simply gets you removed from the authority there is no reason to have it at all other than to waste taxpayer dollars, which this governor is an expert in doing.

Mar 11, 2006
Maybe your example would fit if you could give examples of former Oklahoma governors removing people from the OHA directly after they voted against something that the governor wanted. The OSMA is a very conservative group and is directly opposed to this overstep. Randomly bringing up a different politician doing a different thing for probably far different reasons is pure white knighting. And, being that you are known for white knighting this governor every chance you get the shoe fits.
If voting your conscience on a Health Care Authority simply gets you removed from the authority there is no reason to have it at all other than to waste taxpayer dollars, which this governor is an expert in doing.
No, I just don’t demonize the Governor for things others regularly do. I realize you want to hammer Stitt for everything he does because you have stated your personal dislike for Stitt.

Is it an overstep? Maybe. I don’t know enough about it and the articles about it certainly don’t paint a history. But acting like we don’t regularly see Governors and Presidents take people off of boards and jobs is silly and another indication how people just get outraged due to the R or D next to the politicians name.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
No, I just don’t demonize the Governor for things others regularly do. I realize you want to hammer Stitt for everything he does because you have stated your personal dislike for Stitt.

Is it an overstep? Maybe. I don’t know enough about it and the articles about it certainly don’t paint a history. But acting like we don’t regularly see Governors and Presidents take people off of boards and jobs is silly and another indication how people just get outraged due to the R or D next to the politicians name.
No, you are again white knighting him. I have never stated a personal dislike for Stitt. I don't know him personally. That is a lie. But, I have seen close up what Stitt's sleazy management style has done to our state government. That I do not like.

Taking people off boards at the beginning of a term or at a specified time is not the same as firing someone as the direct consequence of a vote.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Just curiosity speaking out here. I don’t live there. Just a tourist now. You have to know by now that the image projected by Oklahoma is on the rise. The 18-45 crowd can’t stop talking about where in the world y’all came from. From Bible Belt to give me a belt of whisky in just 20 years is impressive. Not only that, the freedom index ( made that up ) is off the charts. Hopefully all that authority refocuses it’s aim on violence. Hard to imagine a coastal state in the middle of the country but it’s happening wether good or not.
Interested on some of the natives thoughts.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Just curiosity speaking out here. I don’t live there. Just a tourist now. You have to know by now that the image projected by Oklahoma is on the rise. The 18-45 crowd can’t stop talking about where in the world y’all came from. From Bible Belt to give me a belt of whisky in just 20 years is impressive. Not only that, the freedom index ( made that up ) is off the charts. Hopefully all that authority refocuses it’s aim on violence. Hard to imagine a coastal state in the middle of the country but it’s happening wether good or not.
Interested on some of the natives thoughts.
That's certainly not what I'm hearing from the 18-45 year olds that actually live here.

And speaking from personal experience Oklahoma is far far from being a "coastal state" in the manner in which I think you mean it.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
That's certainly not what I'm hearing from the 18-45 year olds that actually live here.

And speaking from personal experience Oklahoma is far far from being a "coastal state" in the manner in which I think you mean it.
I literally took my vehicle to get repaired by a guy yesterday that was complaining about the VA not covering his ivermectin. So yeah, we've got a ways to go. lol.

Can confirm though that ivermectin doesn't affect one's ability to repair a vehicle though. :lol:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
at least one of them Was "placed" by him...not sure if both were...

LAWTON, Okla. (KSWO) - A Lawton doctor was removed from a state health care board by Governor Kevin Stitt but says she still hasn’t been given a specific reason why.
In 2019, Dr. Jean Hausheer was appointed to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority Board of Directors by Governor Kevin Stitt. Over the weekend, Governor Stitt removed her and the only other physician on the board from their positions. Dr. Hausheer says she has reached out to the governor’s office trying to find out why.
“What they did tell me, from the governor’s office, is he was going to quote go a different way, whatever that means,” Dr. Hausheer said.
Dr. Hausheer and Dr. Laura Shamblin were previously the only two physicians on the board.

Whatever the reason for their removal, Dr. Hausheer believes it was a political decision
“I know it would have to be because our records of both Dr. Shamblin and I are excellent. You can ask any board member, we work hard. We work very hard. We would study, we would be thoughtful and contemplative. We weren’t removed because we did some poor job, we did an excellent job and we know that,” Dr. Hausheer said.
Because there was no specific reasoning given, Dr. Hausheer speculates the decision was made because of her opinions on a recent Supreme Court ruling on Managed Care Organizations.

“I think what he was trying to do, he wanted to, despite the recent Supreme Court ruling, he wanted to proceed with Managed Care Organization type administrative rules, which I disagree with and so did the majority of the board. It would be my hope that instead of continuously try to push things through the health care authority like it looks like he’s doing, that he would meet with the appropriate leadership, including health care leadership. Meet with us and we’ll happily sit down and look at what’s the best path forward. I think we could do that,” Dr. Hausheer said.
Dr. Hausheer said she has no regrets from her time on the board because she knows she gave it her all. But she is concerned that there are now no actual physicians on the Oklahoma Health Care Authority Board of Governors.

Mar 11, 2006
No, you are again white knighting him. I have never stated a personal dislike for Stitt. I don't know him personally. That is a lie. But, I have seen close up what Stitt's sleazy management style has done to our state government. That I do not like.

Taking people off boards at the beginning of a term or at a specified time is not the same as firing someone as the direct consequence of a vote.
You don’t have a personal dislike and I lied about it? On a previous post about Stitt you mentioned you didn’t like what he did with a state agency that involved your family member. That seemed pretty personal to me, and I interpreted that to be a personal dislike.

BTW, I don't really know Stitt personally either. I briefly met him a couple of times when he worked at 71st and Yale in Tulsa in late 90s or early 2000s. He co-officed with a company my fraternity brother had and they, along with a couple of other companies, shared an administrative secretary to handle calls. Can't remember if the company Stitt had was Gateway at the time, but it was a mortgage company. Pretty impressive to grow a company from scratch to over 1K employees in such a short time.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

Basically, live and let live was the biggest shock for me living in Seattle. So used to authority everywhere people thought I was a paranoid person. That was the manner of my intent.

18-45 age group that you know might have some questions. The ones that I know are outright shocked. A state that is mocked constantly for being backwards in their world, just started allowing freedoms. And a dude from the GOP leading the charge is almost blasphemy to these people.

I’m interested in the group you cited, they have problems with the new found freedoms or cautious of what comes next?

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Basically, live and let live was the biggest shock for me living in Seattle. So used to authority everywhere people thought I was a paranoid person. That was the manner of my intent.

18-45 age group that you know might have some questions. The ones that I know are outright shocked. A state that is mocked constantly for being backwards in their world, just started allowing freedoms. And a dude from the GOP leading the charge is almost blasphemy to these people.

I’m interested in the group you cited, they have problems with the new found freedoms or cautious of what comes next?
It's the "freedom with complete disregard to the potential consequences" that I think is the problem some of us have. The "I'll do what I want even if it negatively impacts someone else" mindset. Having the freedom to do something doesn't always mean you should just do it, damned the impact to others.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
A state that is mocked constantly for being backwards in their world, just started allowing freedoms. And a dude from the GOP leading the charge is almost blasphemy to these people.
But that's the thing...Stitt isn't leading the charge to freedom. The only freedoms he promotes are the ones on his agenda.

Example: Mask mandates in schools. While, I don't think they really do anything because kids don't wear masks properly all day long...it is a blatant government overreach to make it illegal for individual school districts to implement. If a local school board (which theoretically represents the district) feels their school should have masks, they should be allowed to do it.

Example: McGirt. It SUCKS that we are having to go through this. And it SUCKS that criminals slipped through the cracks...but it has been over a year now, and Stitt has done zero to move past the problems created by the decision. Instead of using money to create a grant system for local PDs to deputize LEOs as Lighthorsemen...or instead of working with the tribes/feds to expand the penal code so that criminals stop falling through the cracks, he is filing yet ANOTHER lawsuit in an attempt to overturn the SCOTUS decision.

Example: The only two actual doctors on the OHCA were fired simply because they didn't agree with him.

And I voted for the guy.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

For them, I think it's more a recognition that the "freedoms" being talked about as being advanced are basically guns, drinking, medical marijuana, and lowering penalties on other drugs while at the same time believing deeply that more important freedoms (reproductive issues, discrimination issues, LGBTA+ issues) are going backwards instead of forward.

I'm also pretty sure that I don't agree that a "dude from the GOP" has lead the charge for most of these things.

Medical marijuana was an initiative ballot issue that the GOP tried to reverse almost as soon as it was passed. Criminal justice reform was also an initiative ballot issue that the GOP looked to reverse immediately before public outcry. The brewery issues were pretty bipartisan. GOP definitely always pushes for more guns/less regulation.

Basically, the only one a dude from the GOP lead the charge in was the most recent cocktails to go....and that was largely bipartisan as well.