All Big 12 Basketball Honors

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
I'm sure many of us disagree with coach of the year award. Drew was expected to finish first and Boynton finished way ahead of where was predicted. He took one of the youngest teams in the country and only made them into a top 10 team in arguably the best conference in the country.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I'm sure many of us disagree with coach of the year award. Drew was expected to finish first and Boynton finished way ahead of where was predicted. He took one of the youngest teams in the country and only made them into a top 10 team in arguably the best conference in the country.
I wonder where he finished in the voting.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I don’t know how you can argue with McCormack winning most improved. He really stepped up his game this year.
From 2019-2020 to 2020-2021 per game averages...

McCormack - +8.3 minutes, +6.5 points, +2.0 rebounds, +0.5 assists, +0.6 blocks

Anderson - +14 minutes, +6.9 points, +1.9 rebounds, +0.6 assists, +0.3 steals

Pretty similar statistically, just disappointing that AA didn’t get more recognition for his defensive improvement that doesn’t show up in the statistics. Can’t argue too much with either choice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
The good news is AA and Kalib should show up in KC with large chips on their shoulders.
Boone is shooting 67% from the floor and doesn't even sniff anything. Thats ridiculous. Dude is going to set the single season record for shooting percentage.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
The good news is AA and Kalib should show up in KC with large chips on their shoulders.
Why would these two players feel slighted and going into KC angry that they didn't get a ribbon?
These guys aren't about that. At least not yet.
They're team oriented guys, playing an unselfish, Coach Boynton basketball. Even Cade Cunningham was always looking to get his teammates involved.

The accolades are well deserved. Coach Boynton, in my most humble opinion, was the COY simply due to the results he got out of his guys. But he's and no one else on this team is going into KC with a chip on their shoulder. They're going into KC to win with their teammates.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Why would these two players feel slighted and going into KC angry that they didn't get a ribbon?
These guys aren't about that. At least not yet.
They're team oriented guys, playing an unselfish, Coach Boynton basketball. Even Cade Cunningham was always looking to get his teammates involved.

The accolades are well deserved. Coach Boynton, in my most humble opinion, was the COY simply due to the results he got out of his guys. But he's and no one else on this team is going into KC with a chip on their shoulder. They're going into KC to win with their teammates.
I guess every player on every team playing in KC should have a chip on thier shoulders except the ones that made the team. In the end all the chips would balance each other out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro