Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez helps raise millions for Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Ocasio-Cortez Fundraising Drive For Texas Relief Raises $4 Million

I know many people, especially Conservatives don't like her, but this is pretty impressive no matter which party you align with. It's nice when people just help the common good.
Good for her and I hope we see more of this.

I don't want to get into a whataboutism but it was a problem with the previous administration. Going forward I hope we see that regardless of party political leaders step up when people are in need.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country

PrincetonPoke23

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
San Francisco, CA
AOC is an opportunist. Is what she doing commendable? Sure. Do I think she's doing it because she simply wants to help? Absolutely, 100% no. She's capitalizing on Ted Cruz' idiotic trip to Cancun, and doing her part to turn Texas blue. It's extremely smart (politically), and liberals will point to this when all GOP politicians are up for re-election in Texas. I think it will work too. Ted Cruz had his Gavin Newsom 'French Laundry' moment, and it could be devastating news for Republicans in Texas.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
AOC is an opportunist. Is what she doing commendable? Sure. Do I think she's doing it because she simply wants to help? Absolutely, 100% no. She's capitalizing on Ted Cruz' idiotic trip to Cancun, and doing her part to turn Texas blue. It's extremely smart (politically), and liberals will point to this when all GOP politicians are up for re-election in Texas. I think it will work too. Ted Cruz had his Gavin Newsom 'French Laundry' moment, and it could be devastating news for Republicans in Texas.
Yep. It’s patently obvious. Are people really that naive?

Jan 3, 2014

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
It's nice to see she has a heart, even if I still don't think she has a brain. Kudos to her.
Which way is it? @PrincetonPoke23 is saying it’s all brain and no heart. I’m not a fan of her politics, but I think this was a smart move that shows some heart as well. Cruz left the door wide open for this.
Politicizing a family vacation is idiotic. I lost what little respect I had left for Cruz when he came home and apologized for taking his family on vacation. WHAT A WUSSY!
The only politician in DC I have respect for is Rand Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Politicizing a family vacation is idiotic. I lost what little respect I had left for Cruz when he came home and apologized for taking his family on vacation. WHAT A WUSSY!
I’m quite shocked this is your take. I thought you would have been empathetic to the plight of Texans last week and appalled by the tone deaf actions of a senator. I never would have thought you would take a partisan stance when the public health and safety is on the line.

Sep 3, 2010
Good for her. If she really wants to help Texas she should quit trying to push her insane agenda. She is definitely not letting this crisis go to waste. The truth is that the only people that can really help Texas right now aren’t politicians. But let’s keep the spotlight on theses two idiots. It’s what we do.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
I’m quite shocked this is your take. I thought you would have been empathetic to the plight of Texans last week and appalled by the tone deaf actions of a senator. I never would have thought you would take a partisan stance when the public health and safety is on the line.
Well I guess I don’t expect the government to solve my problems. Maybe I am just different than everyone else.
It’s not partisan. I am the same with both sides. I don’t like either. I want a TEENY TINY government. I want it to be about 5-10% the size it currently is (if I were guessing)

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Well I guess I don’t expect the government to solve my problems. Maybe I am just different than everyone else.
Maybe they should be around to help fix the statewide problem they helped create. Nah, let those 11 year olds freeze to death in the name of Texas independence from the Feds.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Do her “charity” efforts make up for all the Texas jobs she’s trying to kill?
I’m sure the people who received support from her efforts asked the same question. They were probably grateful Greg Abbot, Rick Perry, and Dan Crenshaw came to save the industry’s reputation.
I was taught if you’re doing some thing that is truly charitable you don’t tell everyone about it. Maybe I am just old fashion? When you do something good then shout it from the rooftops, forgive people if they doubt your motivations

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I was taught if you’re doing some thing that is truly charitable you don’t tell everyone about it. Maybe I am just old fashion? When you do something good then shout it from the rooftops, forgive people if they doubt your motivations
Now you’re changing the issue. I was taught the same thing growing up. But this is a different situation. Part of her point was bringing awareness to the need and the opportunity for others to help. If everyone ascribed to not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing, then there would be no fundraisers, telethons, etc. to respond to crises.

Like I said, as a moderate Republican, I’m not a fan of hers. But she did a good thing here, even if it was politically advantageous at the same time.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Now you’re changing the issue. I was taught the same thing growing up. But this is a different situation. Part of her point was bringing awareness to the need and the opportunity for others to help. If everyone ascribed to not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing, then there would be no fundraisers, telethons, etc. to respond to crises.

Like I said, as a moderate Republican, I’m not a fan of hers. But she did a good thing here, even if it was politically advantageous at the same time.
All right, I see what you’re saying here. I do agree with you. I didn’t look at it like that