Alec Baldwin

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Disagree a bit. If you hand someone a deadly object that they have no desire to use in real life, and no knowledge of how to use it, it's pretty hard to blame that person for something bad happening. Everyone is rightly asking why on earth would there ever be live ammo on a movie set, but I'll go one further. Why would there ever be a real gun on a movie set? You can't tell me in this day and age that a prop gun incapable of firing anything could not be made and used and look as realistic as any real firearm. Heck, even kids toy guns are required to have the red paint on the front of the barrel to keep cops from accidentally shooting someone with a toy gun. Even for low budget films, a few of these could be made and re-used hundreds of times. Their union should demand this before making another film, and I can't imagine it would take them more than a month to get inert guns made and available for all of them.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Disagree a bit. If you hand someone a deadly object that they have no desire to use in real life, and no knowledge of how to use it, it's pretty hard to blame that person for something bad happening. Everyone is rightly asking why on earth would there ever be live ammo on a movie set, but I'll go one further. Why would there ever be a real gun on a movie set? You can't tell me in this day and age that a prop gun incapable of firing anything could not be made and used and look as realistic as any real firearm. Heck, even kids toy guns are required to have the red paint on the front of the barrel to keep cops from accidentally shooting someone with a toy gun. Even for low budget films, a few of these could be made and re-used hundreds of times. Their union should demand this before making another film, and I can't imagine it would take them more than a month to get inert guns made and available for all of them.
So in your mind the concept of personal responsibility doesn’t exist. AB isn’t responsible for accepting any kind of weapon without a knowledge or regard for how to use it. AB isn’t responsible for ensuring strict safety protocols are followed as Producer. AB isn’t responsible for AB’s actions

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So in your mind the concept of personal responsibility doesn’t exist. AB isn’t responsible for accepting any kind of weapon without a knowledge or regard for how to use it. AB isn’t responsible for ensuring strict safety protocols are followed as Producer. AB isn’t responsible for AB’s actions
Exactly, as producer, he becomes ultimately responsible for what happened.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Good points. The 9 year old learning to shoot the machine gun wasn’t responsible for it flipping around on to the instructor. I used this example because they’re both 9 year old girls. (Apologies, low hanging fruit and all, I do enjoy AB entertainment)

And let’s face it. As a producer, actor and comedian, he’s not known for his pro 2A stance. He probably only touches guns in the movies. If he’s held to account, I’d assume civil.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Apparently there had been safety complaints filed against the asst director of this film that date back to 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/ente...ssistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html

And apparently the armorer and other crew members had been taking this gun off set to target shoot in the desert ....no gun should leave the set....ever

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1452062842337779714?t=K5XekYz7rDhhAsGiLDb2zQ&s=19

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The head gun handler for the movie "Rust," which has made headlines after cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was fatally shot by Alec Baldwin on set, revealed last month that she was worried about her experience level for her first job.
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, 24, told a podcast that she almost didn't take the job, her first as head armorer, because she wasn't sure if she was "ready" for it, Metro reported.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I was just sidelined by an interesting question.
Gun range with Baldwin or drinks with Crosby?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeresaFreeThink/status/1452003565090783235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1452003565090783235%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4938970%2Fpg1

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeresaFreeThink/status/1452003565090783235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1452003565090783235%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4938970%2Fpg1
Yikes! That’s a hashtag

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Has it been confirmed whether they were live rounds or not? Because that almost sounds intentional. It's been said already but there should be no reason for live rounds to even be there in the first place.

Reminds me of a Perry Mason case where a tv stunt was supposed to use blanks but they were replaced with live rounds intentionally. Obviously that's fiction, this is real.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

I choose "writing my jail cell memoir with Epstein".

Ohwaitaminute... :runaway:

Nov 6, 2010
Exactly, as producer, he becomes ultimately responsible for what happened.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Agree on this point. He was responsible for the staffing of the set ultimately, so he certainly bears responsibility. I was simply arguing the idea that "you should always check" is not necessarily applicable to anyone who has quite possibly never handled a real gun. I suppose the argument could be made that the "armorer" should be responsible for teaching the actors how to check, but you saw who they hired for that position, and I'd be surprised if she knew how to say check to make sure there wasn't a round in the chamber instead of just checking the mag, etc.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Agree on this point. He was responsible for the staffing of the set ultimately, so he certainly bears responsibility. I was simply arguing the idea that "you should always check" is not necessarily applicable to anyone who has quite possibly never handled a real gun. I suppose the argument could be made that the "armorer" should be responsible for teaching the actors how to check, but you saw who they hired for that position, and I'd be surprised if she knew how to say check to make sure there wasn't a round in the chamber instead of just checking the mag, etc.
I agree with this because it was not a gun as everyday person thinks of one, it was a movie prop.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Has it been confirmed whether they were live rounds or not? Because that almost sounds intentional. It's been said already but there should be no reason for live rounds to even be there in the first place.

Reminds me of a Perry Mason case where a tv stunt was supposed to use blanks but they were replaced with live rounds intentionally. Obviously that's fiction, this is real.
Clearly a more detailed report needs to come out, but from what I've heard, when they refer to live rounds on a movie set, they mean blanks not actual live rounds.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Clearly a more detailed report needs to come out, but from what I've heard, when they refer to live rounds on a movie set, they mean blanks not actual live rounds.
Great. This is going to be an educational experience for us.

Here’s what I gathered.

Regardless of who’s who and their IQ, there’s a place where the guns are kept on set.

Someone called the Armorer, is responsible for them.

The guns aren’t supposed to be able to fire real bullets.

There were real guns there as the crew were using them as recreation during down time.

The cart or whatever it is that holds the guns was unattended for a moment.

Assistant director goes to cart and takes a gun. I don’t know if they checked the gun but apparently said it’s a “cold” gun, meaning it was ready for film. And hands it to Alec.

No idea if Hannah was there, but it’s her cart. She knew there was a live weapon but it’s not her (maybe it is) fault someone else comes along and touches her area of responsibilities.

That said, it’s hard to fathom putting a 24 year old in charge of such a huge responsibility. I could see someone with military experience at that age, maybe. No offense to any 24 year old but the life experience just isn’t there yet.

Shaping up to be a series of bad decisions. Btw, conspiracies are already abound.