Alec Baldwin

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I’m sure it will be swept under the rug and the dude will walk, but I personally know people who own dozens if not hundreds of guns and have never shot a person let alone kill them. If they did they would have been behind bars by now. The elite will protect the elite.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Why in the world would live ammunition be anywhere close to a movie set? I remember years ago seeing some video about how sound affects are added to every movie. Everything from broken glass to gunshots.
I'm thinking the same thing. It's a movie set and in the age of CGI adding the sound of live rounds to a scene is nothing. This is an awful tragedy and I feel bad for everyone involved but this seems like something that was completely unnecessary.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Such a weird scenario. Would that statement alone absolve him of shooting and killing someone?
He is also going to probably take a lot of heat being the producer of this since the reports are that several of the crew walked off that morning due to poor working conditions and pay. The affidavit says that the gun was handed to him by the assistant director, not an armorer or specific prop master for guns. Wonder if that is because they were one of the ones that walked.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Such a weird scenario. Would that statement alone absolve him of shooting and killing someone?
No, because as a gun owner or someone who’s handling a gun there are a couple of fundamental rules that even a third grader should know: trust but verify (when someone hands it to you and makes that claim) and even then treat it as if it’s loaded. He can’t put this one on anyone but himself.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I doubt that Alec Baldwin will get charged with anything. Every production crew is supposed to have an expert on set to make sure that things like this don't happen. If this was truly live ammo, that person may end up going to prison for criminal negligence.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I doubt that Alec Baldwin will get charged with anything. Every production crew is supposed to have an expert on set to make sure that things like this don't happen. If this was truly live ammo, that person may end up going to prison for criminal negligence.
Somebody is going to be the fall guy. Someone took short cuts. A person died because of someone’s negligence. Maybe a manslaughter charge against the Armorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Somebody is going to be the fall guy. Someone took short cuts. A person died because of someone’s negligence. Maybe a manslaughter charge against the Armorer?

Probably, but it hard to tell with so many stories floating around. But supposedly Baldwin was handed the gun and was told it was safe. If that is true I feel bad for the guy next he took what he thought was safe prop and killed one person and harmed another.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Probably, but it hard to tell with so many stories floating around. But supposedly Baldwin was handed the gun and was told it was safe. If that is true I feel bad for the guy next he took what he thought was safe prop and killed one person and harmed another.
They are going to find out that someone didn’t follow procedures.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
You should check. Always

Jan 14, 2006
Curious though, if one were both the boss (producer) and the end user(killer), how could they not bear most if not all of the responsibility, regardless of what happened in between?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Absolutely. But I bet it's not done 10% of the time on movie sets. I'd be surprised if Baldwin knew the difference between a live round and a blank. That said, there have been reports of a sqib round powered by a blank, and I really don't think he's capable of catching that.
Ignorance is the problem