Afghanistan merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We haven’t committed to total war since WW2, we completely devastated those countries and have tried to avoid doing that ever since. Approx 1 out of 10 Germans died in the war, the cost was higher for the Allies with the Soviets losing 1 out 4 and the Chinese 1 out of 5. Civilian deaths totaled around 55 million.
We've been caught up in this idea of taking out the bad guys while sparing the good guys. It's a tremendous can of worms.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m telling you, there isn’t much of that left.
With China going and taking over Bagram. There is more there than some thought.
I saw a video of stacks of American $100 bills pre-packaged, bring opened by Taliban. What in the heck was that? We left pallets of money?

Edit: I see you with your other post you were going a totally different direction.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I saw a video of stacks of American $100 bills pre-packaged, bring opened by Taliban. What in the heck was that? We left pallets of money?

Edit: I see you with your other post you were going a totally different direction.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I saw those. First time I’ve seen $10,000 in 100s wrapped as a single package. Usually those packages are in $50 or $100k packages. Then again, that’s just my bank. I just know if you and I are wondering, the answer is someone is making money off of it.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I saw those. First time I’ve seen $10,000 in 100s wrapped as a single package. Usually those packages are in $50 or $100k packages. Then again, that’s just my bank. I just know if you and I are wondering, the answer is someone is making money off of it.
Even the Taliban won't take a check from this administration.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Senior White House adviser Cedric Richmond declared Thursday that President Joe Biden would "run over" governors that stood in the way of his efforts to mandate vaccinations against the coronavirus in companies with more than 100 employees.

Appearing on CNN's "Don Lemon Tonight," the former Democratic Louisiana congressman said the administration wouldn't "let one or two individuals stand in the way" of
their efforts to save lives, and that they would do "anything and everything" within their control to make sure that citizens were protected.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cedric-richmond-biden-governors-vaccine-mandates

Does anyone actually believe China Joe Biden cares about peoples lives anymore after leaving Americans behind to the Taliban?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
In 2014 President Obama exchanged 5 Taliban detainees at Guantanamo Bay for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. His justification at the time....

"We don't leave our men and women behind".

Fast forward to September 2021 and we learn the "Taliban Five" go from Guantanamo Bay to new Afghan Government leadership roles!

https://www.yahoo.com/now/taliban-five-guantanamo-bay-afghan-133000675.html

Obama and Biden both orchestrated the Taliban Five rise back to power of an International terrorist organization.

And in doing so Biden left some of our men and women behind.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
In 2014 President Obama exchanged 5 Taliban detainees at Guantanamo Bay for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. His justification at the time....

"We don't leave our men and women behind".

Fast forward to September 2021 and we learn the "Taliban Five" go from Guantanamo Bay to new Afghan Government leadership roles!

https://www.yahoo.com/now/taliban-five-guantanamo-bay-afghan-133000675.html

Obama and Biden both orchestrated the Taliban Five rise back to power of an International terrorist organization.

And in doing so Biden left some of our men and women behind.
Releasing only 5 Taliban prisoners is so JV, just like Obama, am I right? Not like our boy Trump. He released 5000! True varsity!

Apr 7, 2006
I watched "Turning Point" on Netflix, which was both good and really depressing because it was just too true.

The first 18 months in Afghanistan was fine when we were ridding the country of Al Qaeda and Taliban and trying to kill Bin Laden. When we screwed up at Tora Bora and invaded Iraq the direction changed entirely. We pivoted toward nation building and counter insurgency and never seemed to have a clear objective and exit strategy. Trump and Biden both had similar (albeit nuanced) views on getting troops out.

Trump from all indications didn't care about the future of Afghanistan and the US made some bad deals with the Taliban (from the perspective of Afghanistan's future as a free nation). Some of those deals resulted in guaranteeing the country's takeover by Taliban.

Biden screwed the exit about as badly as it could be done and gave them a ton of military supplies on top of American lives- but the plan was set in motion decades ago for Afghanistan to result in long term failure.

At some point in our occupation we wore out our welcome with too many Afghans and we started to resemble the Soviets, whose occupation motivated the creation of Al Qaeda. To many it was just another case of the US occupying an Islamic nation and killing their families, animals, etc and trying to Westernize people who didn't want it. This became the propaganda for recruiting more extremists- which worked out beautifully for those groups.

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Oct 29, 2016
US
Again you fail to grasp the reality that Americans were left behind. How exactly do you miss that point?
And they should know that they were in a dangerous situation to begin with. But yes, it's not good situation for them. But good grief dude. You're like a broken record. And it's the Pentagon's fault for failing to do what we pay them almost a trillion dollars a year to do.. keep Americans safe. And yet, they continuously fail. If you want to the real problem, it's spelled P-E-N-T-A-G-O-N.